Challenge: 2012 posts in 2012

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree47Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 31st, 2011, 11:24 PM
Host of March '10 PR
Our 2011 post Challenge was a success, can we keep it going for the new year?

Here goes nothing...
January 1st, 2012, 04:37 AM
Momma2BraylonandMadeline's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Momma2BraylonandMadeline
Happy New Years Ladies! We made it till the ball dropped in New York - close enough for me.

Thanks claire1979 for my adorable siggy!

January 1st, 2012, 05:35 AM
sunny's Avatar It's all in the Hips!
Happy New Year Ladies!!!

Michelle-So sorry AF came and made you miserable last night boooo!

Jen-yup you made it to midnight somewhere that is all that counts

Allyssa-Cute way to announce love it! And yum to Chinese...not a fan of orange chicken though I am a general tsos, pepper chicken girl and LOADS of fried rice and crab meat rangoons ya know all the healthy stuff now I want rangoons!

Our new years was nice! Gareth devoured the cheese/sausage/rotel dip and we also BOTH LOVED the feta dip Tisha shared! SO good will have for lunch or dinner tonight too hahaha. We played a couple games of tetris link with Gabby then each played a game of wheel of fortune on wii with her then just had music or the tv on until the ball dropped.
January 1st, 2012, 05:50 AM
Sheena Beena's Avatar Dean and Dex's Mommy
Happy New Year girls! Last night was pretty boring, but I'm so happy that I was able to ring in the new year with my hubby!

January 1st, 2012, 05:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Happy new years ladies! Last night I made lasanga and we played with charlotte till her bedtime. then dh and i watched "super 8" and some tv till the ball dropped. I made it up till midnight, but I'm going to pay for it today for sure! hope everyone had a great night!

*thank you meddleman (magda) for my siggy!*

January 1st, 2012, 06:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Happy New Year! We made it to about 11:30 before we went to sleep. We dealt with our loud neighbor and ended up awake from 3-4:30 or so. Luckily Zach's a ROCKSTAR and slept until 8:45!!

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my beautiful siggy!

January 1st, 2012, 07:38 AM
chloe12's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If I was thinking more clearly I could write more! For some reason, Jack was up all night long, just wanting to be with us, which never happens. So we were awake all night long and there is no exaggeration there. Sure wish on nights like that that he would co-sleep. He doesn't seem sick or anything or teething.

Glad it sounds like everyone had a good evening though last night. Happy 2012!
January 1st, 2012, 01:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Nick n Nate's Mom Send a message via MSN to Nick n Nate's Mom
OMG AF was so awful last night! I have NO idea why, but I was so bloated I looked 6 months pregnant...I kid you not. Until I had taken some percoet and bled to death I finally felt better. I did make it to 3am with our friends watching Horrible Bosses-HILARIOUS!!!

We have a whole year to make 2012 posts...I think it should be 20012!!!

*thanks to Madge for my fab siggy!*

January 1st, 2012, 01:52 PM
Clarissa J's Avatar Super Mommy
Happy New Years ladies!!!!! Dh was sent home early from work yesterday since they started closing the streets like at 3 yesterday. Last minute change of plans and everyone (mom, dad, bro, sis, bro and sis in law and my niece and nephew) came over to my apt. I cooked, had snacks and drinks and we all had a great time. Gabby was up until 2 in the morning which doesn't surprise me since she is an insomniac. The best part was that my mom and sis started speaking again :-).
January 1st, 2012, 02:35 PM
chloe12's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Boo to an awful AF Michelle! AF always sucks, but especially with company over. We quite enjoyed Horrible Bosses too, quiet a different side of Jennifer Aniston though!

Clarissa - Glad you had a good evening! And wow to Miss Gabby staying up so late!

We took Jack out in our backyard today and he got to go in his sled for the first time. It was fun! Once he wakes up from his nap, I'm going to finally make the dip I was wanting to make last night but didn't.
January 1st, 2012, 03:18 PM
New Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey ladies...thought I might try to participate in this thread. I feel like I'm never am on JM anymore!

We rang in the new year with DH's best friends from college. Fun times. Unfortunately my girls were up all.night.long so Chloe I feel your pain! Then we had a long drive home compounded by a blizzard moving through the upper peninsula. Feels SO good to be home. Wouldn't you know it was gorgeous weather all week except the two days we had to make a long drive!

AND, I have to work tomorrow, which wouldn't be so bad, but I'm used to getting longer than just ONE week for winter break!
January 1st, 2012, 03:59 PM
AllyssaM's Avatar Emmersyns Mommah
Psh, we can do this!!!

Our NYE was pretty good. . . Though nobody showed up until like, an hour late. Which irks me. I can't stand being late, or people being late. I am always, always early. I get stressed when I run behind - So I just don't understand being late to things. Our friend made the cheese dip and it wasn't as good as I had remembered it being, but I still enjoyed it. She didn't add water to it, so it didn't stay runny. I have most the ingredients for it, so I'll have to make it again myself another day! The meatballs turned out good - Not sure how many were actually ate, though. I probably shouldn't of used the entire bag. Emmersyn really enjoyed them!

Speaking of that little party animal. . . She ate all.night.long!!! We finally decided to put her to bed a little after 10 - She probably could've kept going, but I was ready for mommy time. We woke her up about 10 minutes before the ball drop so she could ring in the year with us. <3 She went right back to sleep and ended up sleeping until almost noon today!!!! So it's a no nap lazy day for us.

DH has doggy school with trouble later tonight. Our kitchen is a mess. Our friends left everything here since they walked home [it's just a street over, they drove over with everything and then took the car back] and said they'll be back today. I just wish they would get here at a decent hour so that I can clean. It's kind of frustrating. =/

Other then that - Nothings going on. DH didn't find out when he has to work this week, so he gets to try to get a hold of people from work to figure it out. I need to know because I have an appointment on Tuesday and if he's working, I need to find a sitter for Emmersyn. So frustrating that he didn't figure it out before the long weekend.

January 1st, 2012, 04:51 PM
Clarissa J's Avatar Super Mommy
Allyssa- Your post reminds me that I have a doctors appointment and so does Gabriella on Wednesday and its going to be like 30 degrees....NOT GOING TO BE FUN AT ALL since I am going to have to take the subway since I know I will not find parking anywhere!
January 1st, 2012, 05:24 PM
TXMomTimes3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree w/ Michelle! 2012 - we got that in the bag. We should up the challenge.

Horrible Bosses CRACKS me up so much I bought it!

I'm not looking forward to going to back to work this week. J has the day off tomorrow so I decided I'll take the day off too! His birthday is Tuesday and he wants an ice cream cake from DQ. So I need to pick that up and some more SPARK!

Clarissa- I don't know how you do it in NY. I'm sure I'd die.

Kelly - ONE WEEK?!?! That is horrible!

January 1st, 2012, 05:25 PM
Yuck - No bueno!

It's all of a sudden in the 80s back home and that makes me so sad. I REALLY hope it cools way off before we get out there - I NEED some cold weather!! I got Em a few long sleeve shirts on sale at Target the other day specifically for our trip.

January 1st, 2012, 06:06 PM
momma2marissa's Avatar My name is Stephanie!
Happy new year everyone! I stayed up way too late (4am) watching movies and chit chatting with my neighbor. Luckily I got to sleep in until 11am!

DF just made those white chicken enchiladas and they were good, but I can not handle that white creamy sauce. I had to spit the last bite out. Yuck.
January 1st, 2012, 06:30 PM
Host of March '10 PR
I have eaten so much this weekend I must have gained 5 lbs.
My resolution is pretty generic but I've done it before so I'm using the new year as a good starting point to lose some weight. I'm just unhappy with how I look/feel, I never truly got my body back after pregnancy. And I'm just tired of not caring, I want to feel good about myself again!!!
I'm going to cut out sugar, drink tons of water, watch portion size, and try to get to the gym as often as possible. Like I said I've done this in the past and been successful, so as long as I am disciplined I know I'll see results. My goal is to lose 10 lbs to start out.
January 1st, 2012, 07:09 PM
New Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Tisha~ I know! Noone should feel that bad for me since I get so much paid time off, and on the bright side we finish the year May 31st which is a week or two earlier than most schools, but time just goes by SO fast!

I'm jealous of all of you with gorgeous & warm weather! It's COLD here in N Wisconsin. It's supposed to be around 19 all week...and the worst part is we don't have much snow. If it's going to be that cold, there should at LEAST be SOME snow. We have maybe 1/2 an inch!

Rachel~ I hear you on the goals. I have been lazy lately and not cared so I'm anxious to get back on the wagon. Good luck!

Steph~ I love a man that cooks. I'm so lucky my DH enjoys cooking & it sounds like your DF does too. That's awesome!
January 1st, 2012, 08:24 PM
Sleeping in so much = No nap = Mommy is ready to put Em to bed at 6pm.

I think daddy just pulled up, so we're going to do dinner and then she's going to bed early, skipping a bath. This entire time he's been gone, she's just been so whiny and cranky. I attempted to do art with her, but nope. Ugh.

January 2nd, 2012, 05:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Woo hoo! I made it to 37 weeks! I'm celebrating by going to water aerobics this morning and to the mall to walk around after naps this afternoon. I've been avoiding mall walking since 31 weeks, so it'll be nice to get moving again!

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search