Spring is on the way.... kinda lol

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2012, 06:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
Do you do spring cleaning? If so when will you get started, and do you have any major thing you really want done? Are you going to plant a garden this year? When do you plan on getting started on it? What all are you going to plant?

I am going to start my spring cleaning next weekend. I really want to get our sheds cleaned out and organized. I have a ton of stuff to get rid of. I will sell what I can, and donate the rest. I am going to do a garden this year. I am planning on getting it tilled after the first of February. I will plant my seeds inside in a seed starter in two weeks. I haven't decided for sure what all I will plant, but I have decided on tomatoes, green beans, and lettuce. I am sure I will add more, but I really don't know what all I want yet.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

January 2nd, 2012, 06:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I usually do a huge cleaning right before the holidays, but I'll probably do another major cleaning in March. Mainly just going through things and donating things, etc.

We do a garden every year and usually plant in March/April. We always do tomatoes (mainly cherry tomatoes and heirloom varieties), cucumbers, jalapenos, beans and zucchini. Probably going to do yellow squash, some lettuce, watermelon, pumpkins, bell peppers and sugar peas this year as well.

January 2nd, 2012, 07:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
I didn't even think of doing zucchini, peas, or bell peppers. We eat a lot of those, so I think I will have to plant those also. I have never gotten my garden to grow, so I am hoping this year I can get it to grow. Last year Alex destroyed it before the plants were moved outside. The year before my garden flooded, and all of my plants died, and the year before that my cats ate all of my plants. I guess if I could get everyone to leave it alone, and we don't get a lot of rain all at once I should be fine. Lol.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

January 2nd, 2012, 07:49 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
We need snow before it can be Spring!

We usually do a big house cleaning the first few days we can open all the windows and doors - so late February/early March typically. We'll vacuum and shampoo carpets, dust, clean furniture. The whole 9 yards! We just air it all out.

We've attempted to plant pumpkins the past 2 years and haven't ever succeeded. This year I'll plant them the first week we can, which is mid-May, and hope for the best. I've got a planting area that I cleaned up last Spring but didn't really get it going like I wanted to. This year I'm going to get plants every chance I get and get them in the ground. And I need to get my clematis to grow!
January 3rd, 2012, 05:06 AM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Girl! Winter hasn't even truly hit here yet! lol It was cold today but I think it's going to go back up to the 60's the rest of the week.

I am hoping to do a big cleaning this week or next though as a post vacation clean. I don't get a lot done when Robert is off of work.

I planted flowers in my courtyard last year but failed to put done new mulch. Now the flowers have taken off and it looks awful. They have a lot of green leafy bits that makes it look like I just sprinkled some flowers into a weed bed. I need to trim it up and put down some mulch. It's so out of hand!

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

January 3rd, 2012, 07:55 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
This is the first week its actually felt like winter here so spring is no where in sight for us! Lol. We don't do any type of huge traditional spring cleaning and aren't big vegetable eaters so therefore don't plant a garden.

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
January 3rd, 2012, 07:59 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Quote:
I planted flowers in my courtyard last year but failed to put done new mulch. Now the flowers have taken off and it looks awful. They have a lot of green leafy bits that makes it look like I just sprinkled some flowers into a weed bed. I need to trim it up and put down some mulch. It's so out of hand!
That's pretty much what happened here too! I DID put down mulch though! We just spent so much money and only covered a small part of our planting beds that we just scrapped it. I think this spring/summer we'll go into a truck load with our neighbor. He paid the same amount we did and got an entire truck bed heaped full!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search