PediaSure

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2012, 06:26 AM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, I broke down and started Meghan on PediaSure.

She barely eats. I know our kids are all picky but I have a hard time getting her to eat. In the mornings, before breakfast, she's so skinny. She wants to eat right away but still doesn't eat much. I've tried giving her night time snacks to hold her over, but most days she doesn't want the snack or her dinner. Now she's even refusing foods she's always liked!

Maybe that sounds worse than it is. I mean she IS gaining weight, slowly. She IS eating. It's just very little and she wakes up earlier and earlier because she's hungry.

So I broke down and bought the PediaSure. Oh and she won't drink milk...at ALL. But she likes the PediaSure. My plan is to get her drinking it once or twice a day and then start cutting it with milk until she's on just milk.

That stuff is expensive! It was 4 pack for $7.99 or 6 pack for $10.99. I went to Sam's and bought a case of it instead, $35.

Anyone using it?

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

January 3rd, 2012, 07:50 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
I've thought about that as well! However, I think I worry too much and that peyton is just a normal picky eater. And she drinks a TON of milk! I think it sounds like a good idea for meghan since she doesn't like milk and she's picky! But dang that hurts the pocketbook! That's great that she likes it!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
January 3rd, 2012, 07:55 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I'm glad she likes it! I've thought about using it with my girls just because (like their parents *ahem*) they don't eat many fruits or veggies and I worry about the missing nutrients. Yes, the best solution would be to offer them and eat them myself, but honestly...I'm not about to eat asparagus or spinach or whatever, so yeah...
January 3rd, 2012, 07:57 AM
I tasted it myself and it's not bad. But it's really sweet! It's mostly artificial sweetners which I'm not happy about but it's not long term (I HOPE!).

I was thinking about hunting down some coupons but even with them I think Sam's will be a better deal.

She went from 23 even to 23.2 in just 4 days (home scale with clothes and diaper on) so I guess it's working! She seems a bit happier and less sluggish as well.

January 3rd, 2012, 08:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad she likes it! I've never tried it, but both my girls are pretty good eaters. Vi doesn't drink much milk, but I'm not that worried about that.

January 3rd, 2012, 09:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We bought some a while ago and Michel doesnt like it, of course! I'm not so much worried about his weight as much as the fact that he doesnt like many fruits and veggies. Doesnt really matter though since he wont drink it

January 3rd, 2012, 09:53 AM
The doctors told me not to worry about her not drinking milk so long as she was eating yogurt and cheese. Which she WAS! She's so frustrating sometimes!

January 3rd, 2012, 11:29 AM
Meganpixel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just weighed Matilda today...she is 21.9 with clothes on (my scale). Btw- her dr is not the least bit concerned. I do have another friend whose DR suggested pediasure (our daughters are about the same weight)- my Dr did not though...I wonder why they are all so different. She does drink Milk and I am still nursing her. She does like those little pouches with the fruit and veggie mix. She also likes when I make smoothies. Have you tried those for Meghan? Its a good way to squeeze in some veg
January 3rd, 2012, 06:56 PM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You might try the generic. I know wal mart makes a generic pediasure. I know because I saw Josie Duggar drinking it on 19 kids and counting!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search