Have to have a sleep study. :(

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2012, 07:11 AM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've had sleep issues for as long as I remember. I also have Fibromyalgia which can prevent people from reaching a deep sleep. So besides having insomnia, when I do sleep I don't get restful sleep. I go through phases where sometimes it's better and sometimes it's worse.

My doctor has been asking about my sleeping at every appointment. When I first started having a hard time again he suggested Melatonin. I tried that and it didn't help. He started me on sleeping pills when it got severe. But the pills didn't help and I actually slept less during the week I was on them. So he started me on another sleeping medication that seems to be helping a little, but my insurance doesn't cover it.

After I called about the first sleeping pill not working he requested a sleep study. I haven't heard from the pulmonologist yet to schedule. I know I don't have apnea (no snoring, gasping, ceasing to breathe etc) but I guess they want to see how severe it is?

Anyway, I'm freaked out about having this done. I know it's not a big deal, but 1. I'll miss putting Meghan to bed that night (have to be there at 7:30). The few times I've missed putting her to bed I always go in to give her hugs when I get home. 2. The idea of being hooked up to all those monitors and a sleep mask while being filmed creeps me out. I honestly don't think I'll be able to sleep!

I read that inadequate sleep can cause depression and obesity. I wonder if they fix me if I'll lose weight and feel happier?

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

January 3rd, 2012, 07:37 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
I've never understood how people are able to sleep while all hooked up and being filmed!? I don't think I would be able to do it either! I hope it helps drs figure out what's going on though! Good luck! And you'll definitely have to let us know how it goes when it happens!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
January 3rd, 2012, 07:44 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I don't know that I'd be able to sleep either. My mom had one done a few years ago and she said it wasn't horrible, but it was definitely weird. KUP on the results! I hope they can get something working for you so you can rest
January 3rd, 2012, 08:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I had to do one when I was 22. I had a tonsil issue and my tonsils had swelled across the back of my throat, causing sleep apnea. I was falling asleep driving, etc. It was bad.

Anyway, the sleep study wasn't too bad. The room was comfortable, it was just annoying being hooked to the monitors. You had to tell them if you needed to get up to use the bathroom, etc. I didn't sleep great, but I did get some sleep. Ended up having surgery about 2 weeks afterwards to remove my tonsils and have them biopsied.

February 3rd, 2012, 09:01 AM
Well I finally had my pulmonary appointment Wednesday and I'm having my sleep study done tonight. Still a little freaked out about this. But at least I'll have the results tomorrow and hopefully have an answer.

February 3rd, 2012, 10:03 AM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thinking about you girl and hope you can get some answers.

I need to have something like that done. I have never ever sleep more than four hours in a row. Not even when I was a child. I know there is some underlying cause - there has to be. I think that is one of the reasons why I have high blood pressure.

February 3rd, 2012, 12:46 PM
Good luck tonight. I hope you get some answers and can find an easy solution.
February 3rd, 2012, 01:07 PM
sandpaper06's Avatar Mom of 3 darlings
Thinking of you. I hope you get it figured out, and then can feel happier.

It will be ok.
Caroline - November '12

February 3rd, 2012, 06:36 PM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hope it goes well and if they find anything it is easy to remedy.

February 9th, 2012, 08:05 AM
How did it go? Do you have the results yet?
February 13th, 2012, 09:21 AM
I feel like it was a big waste. I did have breathing episodes but not enough to qualify for a cpap, which was good but doesn't really explain my sleeping issues. He said that a cpap would cause more harm than good at this point. They did say that I woke up a lot and had a prolonged time before I got to sleep. *Sigh*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search