My weightloss Diary

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2012, 12:45 PM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
Inspired by Elizabeth, here is my weightloss Diary!

I knew I wanted to start working out and eating healthy after the holidays..but stepping on the scale to see where I am at really made me depressed..eek. I seriously have gained weight since I had Addison!

Yesterday I didn't start my diet but I did start working out - 30 mins of Kick boxing. THAT really showed me how out of shape I am.

I work from home but my job has be stuck to my computer 8 hrs a day, so when I take my lunch break i'm going to try to work out and then again after work as well.

Today 1/3 I did a carb burning excercise on my lunch, it had my legs burning and I felt it working after a short time, so i'm sure i'll use it again.

As for eating today, I've done Ok so far. For breakfast I had a double fiber english muffin w/ ice water. Lunch was a grilled chicken breast and sting cheese. Snack was a pickle..BUT.. I also had a few bites of left over b-day cake from Addie's birthday..I took a few bites and threw the whole rest of the cake away so I won't be tempted anymore.

As for dinners, my plan is to just keep doing what I have been doing and making dinner for the whole family..but just watching my portion size. I normally don't make anything too unhealthy for dinner, my problem is eating a larger portion then I should, so as long as I stop doing that I don't think there is a need to make myself anything different for dinner then what the family is eating.

I read something today that said your New Years Resolution should not be "Lose -- pounds" it should be more specific..like "Work out and Eat less Calories" or something along those lines.
My main goals are to:
1. Work out more, become stronger and get into better physical shape.
2. Drink more water.
3. Eat a healthier diet, with less calories, sugar and carbs.
4. Ultimately I would love to lose 50 lbs, that would put me back to my "Pre-kids" weight..
January 3rd, 2012, 03:49 PM
taterm's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

*Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!
January 5th, 2012, 06:25 AM
So, for yesterday 1/4:

I felt like I did a good job for the most part. I will eventually need to be more strict about my diet but I wanted to start off slowly with that, I think it will be easier then just cutting out everything I love, cold turkey. I'm still eating well, nothing too bad for me but I did have some Kettle chips for a snack (other then that, I did good). I think next week I will crack down harder on my diet, and try not to cheat at all, and eat more protein and less carbs. As for drinking water, I did good with that..I think I drank about 8-9 glasses throughout the day. I need to go today and get a big sports water bottle to keep on my desk while I work.

I am proud of myself for how much I worked out yesterday. I did 25 mins on my lunch, 10 min on my break, and an hour in the evening. I've been mixing up my workouts and alternating between kick boxing, pilates, and cardio. Hopefully that will keep me from getting bored with it..so far I actually really like working out and have been able to work out twice a day, even if they are 20-30 min workouts.
January 5th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Amazona's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WTG! Keep it up!

January 6th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Yesterday I sucked..I had a ton of errands to run after work so I didn't get in any work outs..I plan to make up for it today. I only did so-so on my diet too..I was good all day then we grabbed dinner on our way home, which was a burrito..I tried to keep it as healthy as possible, just chicken and lots of veggies but it would have been healthier for me to cook something.
January 10th, 2012, 05:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Don't get discouraged! We all have our off days when we are constantly on the go

January 10th, 2012, 05:48 PM
I had to take a semi-break from working out because i've been sick I think I have sinus thing going on because i've had headaches/dizziness for a week along with some other symptoms..I've just been feeling like crap so I haven't been as strict.

I've been eating healthy about 80% of time time..I kinda sucked over the weekend between feeling sick and everything.

Yesterday I did good all day until dinner..

breakfast was a whole grain double fiber english muffin

Snack was celery and light dip

Lunch was a lean cuisine

Then for dinner My 6 yr old really, really wanted sloppy joes and fries so I made that & a salad. That really wasn't very healthy.

I have the hardest time not cheating! I bought even more healthy things for me and still find myself cheating.

Once I start feeling all the way better I'm going to get back into working out and cracking down more on my diet.

My goals for Next week are:
- Go 5-6 days with no cheating (gotta start small )
-Add more protein into my diet
-Drink More Water
January 12th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Woohoo! I've lost 4-6 lbs now! I don't know the exact # because when I did my ticker I was at one weight, that is the weight I set it at..then a few days later I weighed myself and was 2 lbs heavier So i've lost 6 total but since I also gained 2 I technically am only at 4lbs lost..I guess. lol
May 24th, 2013, 04:25 AM
Wow great job gals!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search