Shoes

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2012, 02:12 PM
ladybugmomma's Avatar Trisha
What do you use for shoes? Layla has had odd feet since birth She has what I consider small feet. But they are thick and chubby. Both boys were size 6 at a year and girls were a 5. Layla just out grew her size 3's haha She wasn't walking until a month ago so she lived in her Robeez booties. LOVE those. I bought her brown leather boots that squeak from costco, one of those traveling booths. She LOVES them. She lost one in Disneyland, luckily it was found but for 2 days I had to fight with her. She didn't want her little dress shoes on, I went to Target and bought a cute pair of cherokee sandals, nice and roomy. Nope hated them. I bought her 2 pairs of Puma's from outlets, she'll wear them for a bit. Her boots though she'll leave on for HOURS, and ask for them to be put on. Her feet are hot and stinky but she loves them. Anyone else have a picky baby?
January 3rd, 2012, 02:25 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Max is pretty good with shoes. He likes to play with them on his feet He pretty much always wears his Keens, somedays he wears his purple Merrels, and he has these really cute Converse One Stars that I love but I always worry they will get dirty! He wears a size 5 with plenty of room. He also has LL Bean boots, but he doesn't like them. They are hard to put on and hard for him to walk in.

January 3rd, 2012, 03:12 PM
Keens and Merrels.. oh Layla needs some of those!! hehe I love shoes!!!
January 3rd, 2012, 03:59 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
I need some Keens for Eli

He is already outgrowing his size 5 Toms (and they are very broken in). I think he is probably between sizes at this point. His feet are really fat and tall

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
January 3rd, 2012, 04:03 PM
WomanInTheMoon's Avatar Courtney
This is a hot topic for me right now. I just HATE the idea of spending $20+ dollars on a pair of shoes for him. Wally world has some cute enough character tennis shoes, but I can NOT find them in a size 6! I've looked at two different walmarts. Ross, DSW, and a used baby stuff store. I'm gonna try goodwill tomorrow. I just want a cute pair of tennis shoes with the lights on them! ARGH! I've tried all over online and can't find anything less than $20! Crazy talk!

January 3rd, 2012, 05:16 PM
kemper2.0's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Gideon loves his shoes and asks for them to be put on. Pretty much the only ones he is wearing right now are Stride Rites and Sperrys. He does have two pairs of shoes from Toys R Us that my sister in law got him and a pair of Converse that he wears every once in awhile.

I don't really let him where cheaply made shoes because I want his feet to grow properly and support his walking.

I don't like spending a lot of $$ on baby/toddler shoes because they grow out of them so fast, so I tend to look for outlet stores and sells. I got lucky the other day and came across a Stride Rite that was closing down (sad for them, yay for me!). They were having a HUGE sell and I got him tons of shoes for down the road.

Kat, mommy to Gideon (9-8-10) and Arie (7-6-12), and Evangeline River (3-27-14)

January 3rd, 2012, 06:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My kids have mostly worn Payless and TRU shoes and haven't had any problems. I get them on sale and usually haven't had to pay more than $15 a pair.

Now Nathan's feet have gotten wider and we have to go to Stride Rite now.
January 4th, 2012, 05:02 AM
-Trish-'s Avatar Mom to 3boys & a Princess
Elaina wears a size 5 and mostly wears her Twinkle Toes by Skecher and a pair of Nikes. She has white and black dress shoes she wears with dresses and sometimes leggings, and these red and white boots from Gymboree (she loves them and they are so cute).

Thank you so much Alethia for my GORGEOUS siggy!!

Last edited by -Trish-; January 4th, 2012 at 05:04 AM.
January 4th, 2012, 07:12 AM
kemper2.0's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
^Love those boots, Trish. She's a doll

Kat, mommy to Gideon (9-8-10) and Arie (7-6-12), and Evangeline River (3-27-14)

January 5th, 2012, 09:48 AM
I need to get layla some fancy boots like those, she loves boots!!!
I bought her a pair of zebra print rain boots she's decided she likes!!!
January 6th, 2012, 08:19 AM
emmiejack0810's Avatar MELANIE
Jackson is a 5.5 W so we live in Stride Rite... He has a pair of brown shoes, blue shoes, and tennis shoes... I also buy on sale or hit outlets (when possible)...

Emmie is the same way - wide feet... She has 2 pair of tennis shoes and 2 pair of boots

All of our shoes are Stride Rite

so we can't go to Target or Wal-Mart or anything (although I would love to pay those prices) because they usually don't have the right size/width shoe for them.

Thank you BAM for this INCREDIBLE Siggy

January 6th, 2012, 09:17 AM
I'm thinking thats where we'll need to be.
I bought Layla 2 ADORABLE pairs of puma's, she had one on yesterday after about 30 minutes, she was whining for me to take them off. I did, and her poor feet were covered in lines from the shoes
January 7th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Meggie26's Avatar Megan
Send a message via MSN to Meggie26
I think sneakers/shoes are something you have to spend a tad bit more money on, to get better quality.

I love to go to Red's Shoe Barn here and check out their clearance section because usually they have awesome deals on the kids shoes. I bought Kierson 4 pairs of Nikes for $60!! I ended up having to pay $30 for a pair of Nike sneakers for Elliana, but I got them a size bigger, so perhaps they will last a little while longer. New Balance are great for kiddos with thin, long feet!

Oh, and Kierson wears 4.5-5. He has only worn Robeez and Nikes. I don't know about any other brands for him because before the sneakers he would throw a HUGE fit about wearing shoes!

January 7th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via Skype™ to Graysons mommy
Grayson wears mostly stride rite, Nike, or New Balance. Being a PT, I worry constantly about his feet growing properly

January 7th, 2012, 09:11 PM
If Layla could pick, she would be barefoot all the time.
January 10th, 2012, 06:27 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmomma View Post
If Layla could pick, she would be barefoot all the time.
Eli is pretty much barefoot all the time. I thought I'd be doing more shoes when it got cold, but alas I am not...

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
January 10th, 2012, 06:34 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Kellen loves to go barefoot. And it's cheap. And important for developing the nerve endings in their feet. Shoes are overrated!

We have Striderites, but he's growing out of them. He's a 6.5 now, according to the measuring guides! I can't believe it. He's an EW, too. Big, thick, chunky feet. Barefoot. Slippers. Socks.

When we go out... he does wear shoes, but not for long. Stride Rite, and a lot of really nice hand me downs from friends we know. I absolutely hate the idea of spending big $$ on shoes he'll wear for minutes a day for a month or two.

Our house is all about going with socks or minimal slippers at home, just because of the importance of developing the nerves and achilles hill and all. I hate shoes, personally. I'm probably one of those few women who HATES shoes of just about every kind

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search