Question? **Edited**

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 5th, 2012, 06:38 AM
emmiejack0810's Avatar MELANIE
Jackson's sleep schedule is down for the night between 6:30pm - 7:00 and sleeps until about 4am (usually because he has peed out of his diaper - he gets changed and a bottle) then back to sleep until 5:30 or 6am - He never sleeps past 6am...

During the week they do one nap at school for 2 hours...

On weekend - he goes down for hour or so nap in morning around 9:30am and depending on how he sleeps this may be his only nap ... or he may also go down around 2pm for about 2 hours - just depends...

But he is awake for about 10 to 12 hours a day...

Let us know what pedi says... I would be concerned about that much sleep as well.

Thank you BAM for this INCREDIBLE Siggy

January 5th, 2012, 06:57 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via Skype™ to Graysons mommy
Kat, I would definitely be concerned about Gideon. Grayson goes to bed b/w 8 and 830 and wakes by 8 at the latest. He takes one nap at daycare for about 1-2 hrs, and is awake the rest of the time. Just seems odd for a toddler to sleep that long. Hope the pedi gives you some answers soon.

January 5th, 2012, 10:40 AM
kemper2.0's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok, we just got back from the doctor and GREAT NEWS!!! Apparently he is going through a growth spurt. He got some blood taken and his iron levels and everything else came back normal!

She said that he probably started a growth spurt awhile back when he started sleeping a lot (about 6 weeks ago) and that with our move, travelling, holidays, family and friends visiting and all other things going on it just slowed him down a bit and he wasn't able to just have a growth spurt and move on.

She also said she was impressed with how well developed he is with his words, signing and manners. I was relived to hear his sleeping didn't out him behind any!

He is now 33.5 inches and 28 pounds, but to expect him to either lose a pound or two or stay at the same weight when he becomes more active. I am to give him a week or two longer and if his sleeping habits don't seem to change in that time to bring him back in and she will run more tests, but she doesn't seem to think that will be necessary.

I am relieved and my heart feels lighter since talking with her. I am still going to change up his diet. Add more fruits and vegetables, less carbs and try to get him healthier overall. He doesn't eat unhealthy now, but I do give him fillers like Cheerios, cheese and stuff like that. I think I would feel better if I gave him fruits and vegetables as a snack instead.

Thank you all for encouraging me to get to the bottom of this and I am so glad you did because I feel 1000x better about it now!!

Kat, mommy to Gideon (9-8-10) and Arie (7-6-12), and Evangeline River (3-27-14)

January 5th, 2012, 11:31 AM
*MomofO&Nat*'s Avatar Kelly, Massachusetts Mama
I am glad you went with your gut and got things checked out! I hope the diet change helps!
Natalie Laura (9/14/10)
Harrison Dean (2/22/13)
Proud Member of the September 2010 Playroom

January 5th, 2012, 11:38 AM
-Trish-'s Avatar Mom to 3boys & a Princess
glad to hear his doctor isn't concerned and you can relax a little.

Thank you so much Alethia for my GORGEOUS siggy!!

January 5th, 2012, 11:55 AM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
I'm so glad his blood work showed nothing concerning!! Poor guy is just working hard on growing big and strong

January 5th, 2012, 04:56 PM
TanyaMM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so happy to hear that! Although that is still a lot of time to sleep, I'm glad that the test results came back all clear. It's good you were able to get him in to a doctor right away.

Thank you GraysMama for the awesome Siggy

January 5th, 2012, 05:29 PM
~SavedbyGrace~'s Avatar ~Nichole~
I think I would be finding a new doctor. If I took Grace in with the same situation and my doctor thought it was a growth spurt I would go running. Even considering the other factors, it still makes no sense. Did you tell them you weren't even sure if he may be waking in the night? Did they recommend you find out?? They did blood work today and you already got it back and it was normal??... or do you still need the results. If it were me, I would be demanding answers now, not in two weeks. Maybe I'm the only one that thinks it's strange, but I do. I just am worried for Gideon, and as an outsider, it seems very odd.
January 5th, 2012, 05:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so glad you have good news!!! I am thankful to have read this information as this could happen to anyone
At least you get your pregnancy rest!!!

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
January 5th, 2012, 06:23 PM
The Heather's Avatar Jedi Master of Piffleness
I'm glad that the blood work came back normal!

January 5th, 2012, 07:42 PM
kemper2.0's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~SavedbyGrace~ View Post
I think I would be finding a new doctor. If I took Grace in with the same situation and my doctor thought it was a growth spurt I would go running. Even considering the other factors, it still makes no sense. Did you tell them you weren't even sure if he may be waking in the night? Did they recommend you find out?? They did blood work today and you already got it back and it was normal??... or do you still need the results. If it were me, I would be demanding answers now, not in two weeks. Maybe I'm the only one that thinks it's strange, but I do. I just am worried for Gideon, and as an outsider, it seems very odd.

I trust her opinion. He has grown quite a bit since his last appointment so it makes sense to me. I can see how his growth spurt was interrupted by the things I mentioned. We traveled for 3 days straight one week, stopping only at night to sleep and waking early in the morning. My parents came to town and we were out past 11 some nights. DH's parents came and it was the same thing. He would wake up super early those days because he was excited to have visitors. He rarely napped on the days we had company and put together that was over two weeks. I can completely see how he would need more rest now. I am no longer worried as she is a very trusted and respected pedi.

Today was a lot better as well. He woke up at 9 and only had 1 1.5 hour nap and went to sleep at 9! It figures the day I bring him to the doctor he starts to sleep normally again

and yes, plenty of time to sleep for me which has been nice because this pregnancy has taken it out of me

Kat, mommy to Gideon (9-8-10) and Arie (7-6-12), and Evangeline River (3-27-14)

January 5th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via Skype™ to Graysons mommy
Glad everything was okay!!

January 6th, 2012, 08:22 AM
~SavedbyGrace~'s Avatar ~Nichole~
Glad that yesterday went better. Hopefully he is on his way thru it!
January 7th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Meggie26's Avatar Megan
Send a message via MSN to Meggie26
I wish Kierson would take some pointers from Gideon and SLEEP!

Glad to hear everything is fine! Hopefully with the newly added fruits and veggies, he will perk back up!

January 7th, 2012, 10:26 AM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
Yay for being more awake! (lol werid to write cus normally we are all cheering for sleep )

and they aways seem to do better when you go to the dr... i always figure the surefire way to get rid of a cough is to take them to the dr and they magically stop

THANK YOU Jaidynsmum
FOR THE GREAT SIGGY!

Gavin Betsy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search