Let's compare our toddler's personalities

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 5th, 2012, 05:26 AM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's been a while since we've described our LO's overall personality traits...Does your LO seem more this or that?

Calm or excitable?

Easygoing or demanding?

Likes a routine or a routine doesn't matter?

Early bird or night owl?

Headstrong or subdued?

Introverted or extraverted?

Mostly happy, grumpy or in-between?

Could be a competetive eater or just likes to snack?

Enjoys physical play or intellectual play the most?

Best thing about your toddler at this age?

The thing you could do without at this age?

Anything else that you'd like to add about your LO?

January 5th, 2012, 06:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
Calm or excitable? It really depends. Mostly he is calm, but my older ds can get him to go crazy. Lol

Easygoing or demanding? Mostly easygoing

Likes a routine or a routine doesn't matter? He likes his routine

Early bird or night owl? Early bird

Headstrong or subdued? headstrong

Introverted or extraverted? mostly introverted

Mostly happy, grumpy or in-between? happy

Could be a competetive eater or just likes to snack? in the middle

Enjoys physical play or intellectual play the most? he loves physical play

Best thing about your toddler at this age? He is so goofy and funny.

The thing you could do without at this age? Him throwing things. I have started taking things away when he throws them, but so far it isn't helping.

Anything else that you'd like to add about your LO? He is a ham. He loves attention, but gets shy if strangers look directly at him.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

January 5th, 2012, 08:40 AM
CanadianLou's Avatar Laura - mom of 3
GREAT IDEA!!!

Calm or excitable?
Def. excitable

Easygoing or demanding?
Demanding

Routine all the way (too bad I'm not better at this)

Early bird or night owl?
Night owl

Headstrong or subdued?
Headstrong FOR SURE!

Extraverted

Either REALLY HAPPY or REALLY GRUMPY - Passionate...lol

Eats TONS...but will snack all.day.long

physical the most

The new cute things she is learning to do and say

The tantrums and freak-outs

Everyone that meets Livi says "She knows what she wants that is for sure" She can get really frustrated if I cannot understand what she wants. She is VERY charming and Charismatic and takes the attention every time. She can be very physical....which is different from my first and seems like my 3rd will be different too. She will hit, bite, pinch, scratch etc when she is frustrated. She has specific ways she likes things done and can be very particular - high maintenance that is for sure.

She can be the most sweetest lovey, cuddly caring child... But then can change so quickly. I like to call her passionate. LOL My other two kids are very calm and quiet....esp. compared to her.

Thank you Meganpixel for the most fantastic siggy!

January 5th, 2012, 09:33 AM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Calm or excitable? depends really. For the most part - excitable

Easygoing or demanding? demanding - he is the baby of four

Likes a routine or a routine doesn't matter? only when it comes to food. He thinks he is suppose to eat as soon as he wakes up.

Early bird or night owl? night owl

Introverted or extraverted? kind of both...depends on where he is

Mostly happy, grumpy or in-between? mostly happy

Could be a competetive eater or just likes to snack? snacker

Enjoys physical play or intellectual play the most? both

Best thing about your toddler at this age? his constant learning. It is like each day is something different. I love watching the wheels turn

The thing you could do without at this age? tantrums!!!

January 5th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Calm or excitable? Mostly calm

Easygoing or demanding? Fairly demanding

Likes a routine or a routine doesn't matter? Could care less about a routine

Early bird or night owl? Night owl

Headstrong or subdued? Headstrong

Introverted or extraverted? Mix, prob. slightly more introverted around ppl she is just meeting, but quickly becomes extroverted

Mostly happy, grumpy or in-between? Mostly happy

Could be a competetive eater or just likes to snack? Huge eater

Enjoys physical play or intellectual play the most? Equal mix

Best thing about your toddler at this age? Able to have conversations with her and she can tell us what she wants

The thing you could do without at this age? The tantrums

Anything else that you'd like to add about your LO? Vi is very much the typical baby of the family right now. She likes attention on her and she gets mad if anyone ignores her, etc. She's used to Lily and everyone else taking care of her a lot. She's extremely similar to me as a toddler, except my tantrums were a lot worse. Little worried about how she'll do with the new baby.

January 6th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Calm or excitable? Pretty calm for the most part
Easygoing or demanding? Easygoing
Likes a routine or a routine doesn't matter? Routine doesn't matter
Early bird or night owl? Night owl
Headstrong or subdued? Subdued I guess??
Introverted or extraverted? Introverted
Mostly happy, grumpy or in-between? Happy
Could be a competetive eater or just likes to snack? Snacker here
Enjoys physical play or intellectual play the most? Prolly intellectual most
Best thing about your toddler at this age? How smart she is and seems to know everything! Its amazing to watch her learn new things everyday!
The thing you could do without at this age? Whining
Anything else that you'd like to add about your

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
January 7th, 2012, 04:48 AM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Calm or excitable? excitable

Easygoing or demanding? she can be both, it depends on her mood

Likes a routine or a routine doesn't matter? she is very used to her routine, but luckily she's flexible with it if we're out and about

Early bird or night owl? early bird for sure! We were up at 6:20 this morning

Introverted or extraverted? extraverted, but a little shy with strangers sometimes

Mostly happy, grumpy or in-between? she's a very happy girl!

Could be a competetive eater or just likes to snack? competitive eater here

Enjoys physical play or intellectual play the most? both, but mostly physical play, she loves to climb things and jump on things, loves when we chase her around, etc. she only recently has started being more interested in books and puzzles and coloring and those type of things.

Best thing about your toddler at this age? How much fun we have together and how many new things she can do now. She's really talking a lot these days too which I love!

The thing you could do without at this age? The attitude she gets if I tell her no or ask her to stop. She's very stubborn.

January 7th, 2012, 07:48 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Calm or excitable? Depends on what's going on, but more often than not she's pretty excitable. She's a mover and a shaker

Easygoing or demanding? Demanding, no question. She wants what she wants and she wants it 10 minutes ago.

Likes a routine or a routine doesn't matter? Routine is good but she's fairly flexible. I've always let her set her own schedule, especially with sleep/naps. Once we figured out what worked best we could all go along with it no problem. She goes along with whatever we're doing pretty well too though.

Early bird or night owl? Is it possible to be both? Kaija was still going to bed at 7 when she was this age. Kolbie is in bed at 8:30, so it's weird to me! And yet she's up at 6:30. I know that's not nearly as late as many of our LOs but it's strange for me!

Headstrong or subdued? Headstrong. Do not, under any circumstance, attempt to help her when she's trying to do something her self. You've been warned.

Introverted or extraverted? Both here too. It really just depends on who she's with.

Mostly happy, grumpy or in-between? Kolbie's a very happy girl. Unless she just woke up then forget it.

Could be a competetive eater or just likes to snack? About once a week she could be a competetive eater, other wise snacks are about all that she wants. And that's fine. She's a big girl!

Enjoys physical play or intellectual play the most? Very much both. Kolbie and Kaija will run around and wrestle and play most of the day. But they also will take some time to sit and read and color together. It's awesome!

Best thing about your toddler at this age? She's so stinkin' smart. I am constantly amazed by the things she does! Watching the learning process has always fascinated me.

The thing you could do without at this age? The fits. She doesn't really throw tantrums but she does get frustrated if she can't figure something out. And she's stubborn and won't let anyone help her.

Anything else that you'd like to add about your LO? It's so awesome to have 2 little girls this close in age. Kaija has really become a great big sister and enjoys helping and playing with her little sister. Kolbie loves to follow her big sister around and learns so much from her. Watching them together is so fun!
January 9th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
I loved reading all these and "getting to know" all peytons little friends even more! gosh I wish ALL our kiddos could meet someday. I feel so close to a lot of you ladies and when I think about it I get sad that most of us will never even meet IRL

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
January 10th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Calm or excitable?
Both - he is pretty calm but can get very wound up if he hears music or is with other kids. Or playing with daddy - he gets really excited about that!

Easygoing or demanding?
Pretty easygoing. If he wants something he can't have I can usually redirect him.

Likes his routine. He is pretty scheduled. But he is flexible enough that he can go with the flow if we need to change things.

Early bird or night owl?
Early bird for sure! The boy is usually up at 6 am. At night he asks to go to bed because he is tired. And keeping him up at night doesn't make him sleep any later.

Headstrong or subdued?
Headstrong when it is something he wants.

Extraverted - everyone is a friend. Even strangers.

Very happy almost all the time.

Snacks. He grazes. He could be in a competetive milk drinking competition though!

A little of both. He loves to read books with mommy and daddy but also loves to jump on his little trampoline!

He is so fun to watch him learn. He is talking a lot and able to communicate better.

Not listening! He will not always follow instructions and stay out of things he can't have!

Jed is so loving and cute! I know he is smart (and I'm not biased at all). He just loves his little sister and he has really just been an easy baby and toddler.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search