Nicknames?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 5th, 2012, 08:50 AM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Love 'em or hate 'em, kids seem to find a way to get one from someone. I am one who is not entirely fond of nicknames, but still my children seem to have found them.

What are your thoughts nicknames? Do your kids have them? How did they come about and do you use them regularly?

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
January 5th, 2012, 10:02 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sam gets called Sambo (my nn for him) and Sammy....I am not fond of Sammy but a lot of people call him that including my DH, eh I will live with it. He is very rarely called by his full name of Samuel, it is most often just Sam which is what I like for him to be called.

Sydney gets called Syd a lot, by everyone. I also call her bug and Sydster haha but those are just things DH and I call her not anyone else.

I am fine with Sam and Syd as nicknames, it doesn't really bother me, those are simply their names shortened which I am used to, being that my name is Kimberly but no one calls me that everyone calls me Kim. Same with DH his name is Jonathan but no one calls him that only Jon.
January 5th, 2012, 10:15 AM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
I don't mind nicknames. DH and I both call each other Beeb.

Levi's only nickname is Bubb. Not sure how it came about. I think a lot of people use it for LOs.

His new nickname (as of yesterday) is Levizzle. Lol

January 5th, 2012, 11:00 AM
MrsCalhoun's Avatar Ryan Lover
I'm rarely called by Kelly so it doesn't bother me.
All my kids have nicknames, they just kinda crept up on me, heck the pug has a nick name too.

January 5th, 2012, 11:00 AM
ChoMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Alicia has a few...ba-ba, licia, liccie....fat toes lol. Those are things me and DH call her.

Rachel is usually Rach, cookie monster or precious (that's an inside joke) and I would post it but someone might think we are idiots. so we'll leave it at that

January 5th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Holly has a nickname that I loathe but it has stuck and even I call her it. Gorf. How ugly is that? I also often call her Pigeon but I don't think anyone else does.

We call Oscar Bubs or Bubsy. I also don't like bubs, but again, stuck like glue and I love my little bubsy.

January 5th, 2012, 11:56 AM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am not a fan of nicknames in general, but each of the kids have managed to get them - although none are very creative. Genna often get's Gen, Stephen gets Steve-o, and Noelle is often Noellie. She gets it so much in fact that she now that she is starting to say her name she points to herself and says "I Ellie".

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
January 5th, 2012, 02:08 PM
MomtoCarly&Sofia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sofia gets called Sofie and Fia. Peanut is used a lot too.

January 5th, 2012, 03:32 PM
handymandy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Elliot's nicknames are Boogy or boog, I think that is how your would spell them. DH has been calling her that since she was just a few weeks old. My Dad calls her boo boo. I think nicknames can be cute and special.

January 5th, 2012, 09:16 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Yes, the older they get the less they have nicknames, well, except LJ, but they all have nicknames.

January 6th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
James is called buddy a lot and I call him Monsieur (mister in French). I was worried people would start calling him Jim because he's named after his great-grandfather and everyone called him Jim. I love the name James, hate the name Jim. A few family members tested out nicknames at the beginning, but since I stuck to James, they seem to have accepted it.

Leah calls him Jameso-gogo and James-y sometimes. I'm ok with that.
January 7th, 2012, 09:58 PM
3xCrazy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
X adopted a new nickname over the past week... Boogies. I think my bro called him that and its just kinda stuck

January 10th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Not sure why, but when I named Abigail I was totally against her being called Abby. That said, I have now started calling her Ab which I hate even more.

January 10th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Generally DH calls Harleigh HJ, and I do sometimes. But in person I call her Harleigh. DH's family insists on calling her Harls and I hate it.
January 10th, 2012, 11:30 PM
3xCrazy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My dad calls Malakai, Mal and Dakotta. Dak.. Its funny when he does though cause they just look at him like 0.o thats not my name

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search