Weekly Chat Thread

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2012, 08:01 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Let's keep this going all week!

What are you all up to for the week?
January 9th, 2012, 12:00 PM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At work: - knocking out my to-do-list and gear up for the beginning of the semester. Advising and registering students.

At home: - tackling my laundry heap (I got it all done before the start of the year, but it is all crazy again). Paying bills

Hobbies - work and try to finish two knitting projects. And start working back on my yo-yo quilt.

January 9th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Not up to much this weekend. Spent the morning playing phone tag with the preschool we're putting Lily in this fall and signing Vi up on their waitlist for 2014-2015 school year.

Have plans to start a baby blanket (crochet). But I feel bad because I never made one for Vi, so I feel like I need to do hers first and then the new babys...

January 9th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Well today is DF birthday so we will be going to dinner tonight. I'm hoping to hear back about the job I interviewed for a couple weeks ago sometime this week. Then just the typical stuff like laundry, playing with peyton, and working

How does everyone do their laundry? A ton of loads one day a week? 1 or 2 loads everyday of the week?

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
January 9th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I usually do laundry all throughout the week. Last week, I was lazy and I ended up doing 10 loads yesterday.

January 9th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Katie81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Starting my week off sick and at the doctor with some cold/flu/upper respiratory thing. Started a z-pack today so hopefully I will be better soon. Those twelve hour hospital shifts are rough sick.

I think I will be ovulating tomorrow or the next day. Got an almost positive OPK and have ovulation pain on my left side. Maybe we will luck out and conceive the first try like last time!

I do laundry throughout the week, although DH has done almost all of it on the weekends lately.
January 9th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Katie, so exciting you are TTC now!

January 9th, 2012, 07:22 PM
I can't believe Kaija will be 4 on Thurday! Unreal! That's our big plans for the week - celebrate Kaija!

As for laundry I just do it when the baskets are full. Sometimes it's the same day sometimes it's different days. DH does his own.

Tomorrow I have to find a missing library book. Luckily it's just a board book so if we don't find it I don't think it will cost much to replace, but I know it's in this house someplace...ugh.
January 10th, 2012, 05:09 AM
Katie81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twhylite21 View Post
Katie, so exciting you are TTC now!
Thanks I booked a Disney cruise for April 2013 and the baby would have to be at least 3 months to travel, so we need to get pregnant in the next few months or put it off for a while. We conceived the first two easily so I'm hoping for a repeat!
January 10th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Well peyton was absolutely miserable last night at DF birthday dinner because she was feeling so icky! I felt so bad for her. She is always so happy and loves going out to dinner but last night she was fussy and only wanted to cling to me. She seems a little better this morning and we will be staying in the house all day in hope that tomorrow she'll be almost 100%.

I usually do a load or 2 of laundry everyday but since we r home today and I have quite a bit to do I'm hoping to get it all knocked out today!

January 10th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I start laundry on Thursday evening so I don't have to do it all weekend.

I am just working this week. DH and I are taking off on Friday to take Julia to Children's Hospital eye clinic (again) to get her contact. Hopefully the insurance will have come through because it is 400 bucks for a single lens.

We may go to the country this weekend but I am hesistant because Julia isn't sleeping through the night. But I know Jed would have a blast on the the 4 wheeler and running around so we may just go anyway.

January 10th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
Today is my ds' 5th birthday. Last night I made cupcakes for him to take to school. Today we went out to lunch, and we are just gonna hang out around the house. Saturday we were supposed to do his cake and presents, but I got a flyer today saying that we wont have electricity or water on Saturday from 7 am till 5 pm. I'm not sure what we are going to do now. Other than that we aren't doing much this week. I should get my house cleaned. Since my morning sickness is kicking my butt I probably wont get anything done around the house unless I convince dh to do it.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

January 10th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm just trying to survive the week with two toddlers and a puppy. My week will be spent juggling vet, training, work, and cleaning up dog pee. Lots and lots of dog pee.

I usually put a load of laundry in the wash, forget about it until I go to put another load in two days later, and repeat.

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

January 10th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Racine - to be honest that's how my laundry goes a lot!

Laura- I hope Julia can get her contact on Friday and that all goes smooth!

And happy early birthday to Kaija!

January 11th, 2012, 06:02 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Happy Birthday Kaija! Can't beleive she is 4.

Mylene - that is great about your job. I bet a ton of people get engaged over the holidays and are super anxious to start finding their dresses. Are you liking your job?

January 11th, 2012, 07:21 AM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Today - I have to take Jaxon to the doctor for a weight check and hopefully, find out good news on his EKG.

Tomorrow is my mom's birthday. I got her a present but forgot to mail it to her. OOPS.

January 11th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Good luck today Christy! I hope you get all good news.

Laura, I do love my job! Last night was crazycakes. Wow. Not only do a lot of people get engaged this time of year, but a lot of people put off getting their dress because they think they have lots of time. So most of my brides come in saying they're getting married in June/July and are just starting to look, then they're surprised when we tell them it'll be 4 months before their dress comes in and they start to panic!
January 11th, 2012, 03:20 PM
sandpaper06's Avatar Mom of 3 darlings
So to turn the conversation to me...my period just ended after onlyl 6 days. My previous 3 have been 27, 16, 10 and now 6!! Maybe my body won't hate me forever after all!!

Happy Birthday Kaija (tomorrow, right?)
Caroline - November '12

January 11th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
Alisha that is great that your periods are getting shorter!!! Well I got some bad new today. The water and power is supposed to be out here on Saturday from 7 am until 5 pm. That was when we had planned for a few people to come over, so we could do my ds' birthday cake. We had to cancel that, so now we have to think of something fun to do with my ds on Saturday.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

January 11th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey guys! SOrry i've been MIA - We were SUPER busy getting out guest room finished (painted, furniture all set up etc) before My mom, sister and niece were here for M's birthday and they just left today. We've just been hanging out out all week, not doing much. Sunday was his party which was pretty fun, he seemed to enjoy it. My mom and i attempted to make a cloth diaper so thats pretty awesome! We didnt have time to finish it, but we figured out the basic steps (to make an AIO) so i think i could probably pull it off on my own. Unfortunately we made a large and its HUGE so M can't actually use this one but thats okay I'll update TTC in my umbrella post

Oh for the rest of the week we have speech tomorrow and i have to clean the entire house before she comes over Dh has the next week off for bereavement leave so we're going to try to finish painting the basement sometime during this next week.

Last edited by Sam914; January 11th, 2012 at 04:01 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search