Sick!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2012, 10:08 AM
amymgem's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What do you mommies do when YOU are sick? Do your DHs help out? If you're single, do you have someone who helps out? What, if anything, do you do differently?

I'm feeling rotten today-fighting a not so bad cold but I have huge amounts of phlegm and am extremely tired. Not to mention the nausea...definitely NOT pregnant though...but not sure why I feel this way.

January 10th, 2012, 11:46 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When I'm sick if DH can help out he does ... but b/c he does school and work and works out usually i just try to find fun quite things for the kiddo's to do - and i just laydown on the sofa and watch them ... it's hard when your a mama and your sick. Hope you feel better!
January 10th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
After Christmas, the kids and I were all sick-vomiting (in their beds), diarrhea, overall feeling nauseous, etc. I pretty much did what I normally did when it comes to things around the house. Thankfully Nathan was off of school and our library and Y activities were on break so that freed up time so I could rest a bit between doing things around the house. We were trying to keep hubby from getting sick too, so I tried to deal with the kids most of the time. He did steam clean the bedrooms though since the vomit smell seemed to linger around.
January 10th, 2012, 12:58 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I just plug through I did take 3 hours of sick time on Friday because I felt really crummy and run down and wanted a chance to nap while Max was still at day care. Then I ended up going to Target and Aldi instead of napping to take advantage of kid free in and out erranding.

I do let house things go a little while I'm sick and if it's a weekend, I'll nap when Max naps or if it's during the week I'll go to bed early.

January 10th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Super Mommy
Sorry you are sick. When I am sick, DH helps out when and where he can. Otherwise, I just bum around the house with Evan. Although, I haven't been sick since he has started walking. But when he was crawling, I would just lay on the floor and we would play. When I hurt my back, my mom was able to come visit and help us out. Hope you feel better soon.

January 10th, 2012, 06:59 PM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
Knock on wood I have not been sick since before I was pregnant with Caleb! Didn't even realize that until you asked. Anywayy DH has always been great about picking up the slack whenever I was sick but ultimately we eat crap for dinner and the laundry piles up

I hope you feel better soon!

January 10th, 2012, 07:14 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Sorry you're sick! Hope you feel better soon!!!

DH was pretty good about helping when I had the stomach flu a couple of times. But if I'm just sick with a cold, I'm just on my own -- nothing really changes except I force myself to rest during Betsy's nap time and I go to bed early.
January 11th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I haven't been that sick, but DH has really stepped up his game lately by helping out with Milan and taking on more baby-related responsibilities - folding diapers, doing M's bed time, and overall I feel more support.

I hope you find someone who can help you. How about just taking a teenage sitter and taking a nice nap while they play together. I hope you feel better soon. Being sick sucks!

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search