WORST/BEST ( a get to know you thread)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2012, 08:24 AM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

Movie you ever saw:
Book you ever read:
Day of school:

Movie you ever saw:
Book you ever read:
Day of school:
Christy - Mom of 5

January 11th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy

Movie you ever saw: Open water.... it sucked so bad our dvd player wouldn't even play it right out of the box, but would play every other movie we had. Lol
Book you ever read: Not sure... I have read a lot of books, and liked most of them.
Day of school: Most of them... Lol
Date: I went out with a guy to the movies, and he "forgot" his wallet. I was planning on paying my own way, but not planning on paying for his ticket.
Holiday: Valentines day every single year it is horrible
Vacation: When we went to Arkansas when my grandmother died. Dh and I pretty much were fighting the whole time.

Movie you ever saw: One of my all time favs is Snatch... I know it isn't the best movie, but there are a ton of movies that I really really like.
Book you ever read: Dead Center.... I even exchanged e-mails with the author for a while.
Day of school: The last day that I had to go to school.
Date: We had a date in our living room last year that was amazing. We lit candles, had chocolate fondu with fruit and cake. We watched a movie, and drank some wine.
Holiday: I really like the 4th of July. Good food, alcohol and explosives.... what could go wrong? Haha
Vacation: Our trip to Jamaica in December was by far the best we have been on. With the kids our best vacation would be the one we took to sea world a few years ago.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

January 11th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy

Movie you ever saw: Dude, Where's My Car
Book you ever read: Hmm...I read a lot, and I always finish a book I've started. Not a fan of "The Sound and the Fury" by William Faulkner though.
Day of school: the first one at a new school
Date: right before I met DH, I went out with this guy I met shopping at Costco Turned out to be married with kids!
Holiday: Christmas 2003 - my grandpa was dying of lung cancer and while it was awesome spending the holidays with family, it was just really sad
Vacation: trip to Lake Tahoe with DH after we got married - first time skiing for me and he took me on a blue diamond course. many tears were involved

Movie you ever saw: Splendor in the Grass is my all time favorite
Book you ever read: This varies often, but "East of Eden" by Steinbeck is one of them
Day of school: The day I graduated college and knew I was done with school (for the time being at least)
Date: First date with DH - went for Korean BBQ, then to a bar for drinks after. The waitress cut us off because we were drinking too much in too short of time
Holiday: Memorial Day - my mom's side of the family usually gets together for a huge reunion and it's a lot of fun
Vacation: 6 weeks in Europe with my best friend between sophomore and junior year of college

January 11th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

Movie you ever saw:Tropic Thunder. I don't know why we watched it the whole way through. Ugh.
Book you ever read: No clue. If I don't love a book a few pages in, I quit reading it.
Day of school: My 13th birthday; 7th grade. We had a field trip to Nave Pier in Chicago (I lived there at the time) and my "boyfriend" dumped me on the boat in front of everyone.
Date: My junor year of high school, my bf and I had recently broken up and his best friend asked me out, I said yes to get back at him but we lived in separate states so the only day I could go out with him was Thanksgiving and nothing was open...so he took me to a movie and we didn't talk the entire date! Then on the way home we got pulled over because a cop thought he was drunk due to his "swerving".
Holiday: I really don't love New Year's, I feel like it's completely overrated.
Vacation: Disney World with my parents when I was 16. It was Spring Break. Need I say more?

Movie you ever saw: Breakfast at Tiffany's is my forever favorite, but I also really love Wild Target with Emily Blunt, and Meet Joe Black
Book you ever read: Jane Eyre, and She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb (if you have never read either of those, please run- don't walk - to the library. Now. K, thanks.
Day of school: The day I got a main lead in my Senior play
Date: Valentine's Day last year, we drove to the other side of the state to have dinner and go shopping at my favorite stores.
Holiday: I LOVE Valentine's Day. Love. Always have.
Vacation: Our honeymoon. We took a road trip to the Poconos, NYC, Philly and Niagara Falls, it was awesome.

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

January 12th, 2012, 06:40 AM
Brannyt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

Movie you ever saw: It's a tie between Cabin Fever and Uptown Girls
Book you ever read: A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce. It was a bunch of nonsense.
Day of school:I don't remember having one.
Date: Prom my sophomore year, when my date was beyond rude to the waiter at the restaurant we went to, and freaked out when a good friend asked me to dance.
Holiday:I can't think of one.
Vacation: We went to Disneyland and marched in the Disneyland parade with our middle school band when I was 14. My mom chaperoned and freaked out on us(my sister and I) because we didn't want to hang out with her every second of every day.

Movie you ever saw: Gone With the Wind!! Always!
Book you ever read: Gone With the Wind also, although The Sparrow is a top contender.
Day of school: The day after I won the mile at a track meet and they announced it over the loud speaker. I never had anyone care before, and it made me feel good
Date: Any with my hubby
Holiday: 4th of July
Vacation: Going to Japan in Macrh 2009 with Bryan. It was awesome! I love their food and culture.

LOVE my siggy, thank you Meganpixel!!!!!!
January 12th, 2012, 08:40 AM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

Movie you ever saw: Michael - John Travolta plays an angel that lives on earth - lame
Book you ever read: something I read my Senior that I had to read for my thesis - I can't remember the name - but it was something by Agatha Christie - it was the only book that I read that I didn't like.
Day of school: 8th grade - my crush that moved came back to visit. I had to run to the bathroom in between classes because it was that time of the month. I had to walk all the way down the hall and then back. I was late to class, so I had to walk all the way across the room to the only empty seat. I sat down and my friend tapped me on the shoulder to tell me that my skirt was tucked in my pantyhose. OH MY - I was beyond mortified.
Date: Valentine's Day 1997 - Went out and all of the resturants were packed so we had to wait almost a hour to eat, then went to see a movie and Michael was the only thing playing that wasn't full.
Holiday: I am not a huge fan of New Year's either.
Vacation: Last year, we went camping on my birthday with my husband's entire family, I got sick, ended up having heat exhaustation and everyone got mad at me because we left.

Movie you ever saw: I love The Notebook. Everytime, I watch - it is like I have never seen it before.
Book you ever read: I really really like the Little House on the Praire series. I have read everyone of them several times.
Day of school: The day I graduated college. The lighter feeling that I had when I no longer had to worry about assignments and tests.
Date: Hard for me to pick just one. One year, my husband surprised me with a stay at a bed and breakfast for our anniversary. It was great!
Holiday: I love Christmas. Christmas 2008 was probably the best one. My husband and his siblings got together before the holidays and we got all of the grand kids pictures made. We surprised my inlaws with the picture and it was so awesome seeing their face when they realized what it was.
Vacation: Our trip to San Diego back in 2008. It was awesome. We got to go without any kids.
Christy - Mom of 5

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search