How do you organize your LO's closet/dresser?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 15th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Michaels room isnt that big so he doesnt have a big dresser (didnt want to take up floor space where he could be playing) but his changing table is attached to his crib and it has two drawers so thats where we keep his bottoms, socks and sweaters. His closet is really deep so i think pretty soon we'll be getting him one of those plastic storage things with the drawers instead. Since he's not changing sizes so often we're accumulating more and more in each size so the 2 drawers arent really cutting it anymore. We hang up all shirts and jammies, jammies with pants i hang up with the shirts. Shoes usually hang out in the closet or just by the door with everyone else's

January 15th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Lily and Vi share a room and their closet is fairly big. It's 3 doors long and I have 2 wardrobe things I bought from Amazon in it. One for each girl, plus a hamper between the 2 in the middle. The wardrobes have 2 rods (one on top, one on bottom), and then 4 shelves down the side. I took pics of Vi's even though it's a bit messy right now and most of her clothes are in the laundry. But it should give you an idea of what I do. All pajamas, panties and socks are folded into a dresser (Lily has 3 drawers and Vi has 3), but everything else is in the closet. Oh, and shoes are kept in baskets by the garage door.

Top rod is shirts and matched outfits (ie: shirts/skirts that she only wears together). When everything is in there, it's pretty packed but I order it by color and then by sleeve length within each color category usually. The bottom rod is pants, skirts and dresses:

The shelves are supposed to be leggings on the top shelf, then cardigans and sweaters, then coats/hats, then the bottom is just extra stuff. DH messes it up every time, so it's a bit of a jumble right now.

Last edited by Twhylite21; January 15th, 2012 at 12:32 PM.
January 15th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
thanks! i also figured when we have a second kid in the same room we'll have to add another hanging shelf too... but then if i do that (down the road) i might run into the clothes hitting the plastic thing, so then i dont know, lol.

i also need a better place to put diapers as i get more, sigh

January 16th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Organize? Ha! We don't have organization! When it comes to anything laundry related I am awful! IF I hang things its just shirts (but most of the time they lay in a pile on the guest bed which is in peytons room). All bottoms and pjs go in a dresser drawer. Socks go in a drawer in the changing table attached to the crib. Like I said tho I'm really.bad about putting clean laundry away and it will stay on the guest bed forever!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
January 16th, 2012, 12:13 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Kolbie's dresser has 4 drawers - top is diapers (if they get put away) and socks, then jammies, shirts, and pants. Dresses and sweaters end up stacked on top because I'm often too lazy to hang it all back up. Of course most of the time, like Shea, things are unlikely to be put away. I'll leave clean stuff in the hamper and all the dirty stuff will be piled on the floor
January 16th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Katie81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Everything gets hung up except socks and pajamas. Their clothes are hung up by outfit and grouped by brand. I try and make it very obvious for the mornings that DH gets them dressed...
January 16th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Shea and Mylene, you guys are funny bec/ Michaels clothes are actually the only ones i usually put away... dh and my clothes are everywhere

January 17th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I only hang dress shirts and sweaters. Jed has a pretty large dresser. Top drawer is pj's, next is short sleeve shirts, the next is long sleeve, than a drawer of pants.

We have an organizer in the closet that holds socks and shoes.

I don't hang much of Julia's clothes either...she has a big wardrobe that holds all her little pants, shirts and sleepers.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search