Monday Make up!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2012, 07:18 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So what do you wear for make-up?
Do you wear it everyday?
Do you like it or does it seem like a hassle?

What age would you let your daughter wear make-up?
January 16th, 2012, 07:34 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
So what do you wear for make-up? On a daily basis, I wear Clinique Almost Powder Make Up, sometimes over Clinique Tinted Mositurizer, but only if my skin is having a really bad breakout or super red day, or if I have some kind of event (wedding, big party, etc.) where I need to to look good longer. I also wear a beige or nude with gold shimmer eye shadow and black mascara. That's pretty much it. If I'm going out somewhere, I'll let a friend do my make up and wear whatever she puts on me, but if I'm doing my own then it's just my normal make up, maybe with some black eyeliner added.

Do you wear it everyday? Every work day, yes, and to church. Otherwise, I usually don't. Sometimes I will if I take Max out somewhere, but not always.

Do you like it or does it seem like a hassle? It takes me between 5 and 6 minutes to do my entire make up routine, so I don't really mind too much.

What age would you let your daughter wear make-up? Play make up? Probably between 4 and 6. Real make up out in public or to school? I'm thinking probably freshman year of high school, but it might depend on her. My mom never really "let" me wear make up, I just sort of started doing it the summer before high school and she never said anything, so I kept doing it

January 16th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Pupcake74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My basic makeup I put on everyday....Its just Aveeno tinted moistureizer, a mauve/brown eyeshadow, a quick brush of blush and cover girl tinted lip stick. This takes me a whole minute so its no hassle at all.

If I have an event to go to or what night I will pull out my Laura Geller makeup and thats maybe 3 minutes. I love her under make up primer.

As for Ashley wearing make up....if she has a blemish I will fix it for her. I don't really have an age in mind as to when I will let her wear makeup. It will really depend on her and what she wants to wear and what I'm willing to let her wear.

January 16th, 2012, 09:14 AM
~Constance~
I only wear makeup when I go out with DH at night(since artificial light makes me look ill without it)or when I know people will be taking pictures.
All I wear is a light foundation(Clinique repairwear is amazing), powder blush(Physician's formula), curled lashes, brown mascara on my top lashes(Nuetragena), chapstick and sometimes Clinique lipstick. I don't buy lipstick but if I get it free with my clinique purchase I use it. I'm allergic to most of the drugstore brands and can't use any drugstore brand lip product without my throat swelling. I don't want to look like I'm wearing makeup so I put on just enough to even out my skin tone.
It's a hassle and expensive and I'm glad I'm not out in public enough to "have" to wear it more. There's only so much social custom you can buck as a woman before people start to think you're a weirdo. "Weirdo" doesn't help you so much out in the world.
I wasn't allowed to wear make up as a teen. We were allowed to have makeup and play with it but we couldn't wear it around like it was part of our outfit. It was "stage" makeup.
My girls will not wear it either unless they have a skin condition in which their self-esteem would require it. Pimples aren't enough of a reason to me and would only be made worse by the use of makeup.
January 16th, 2012, 10:17 AM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
Nothing. occasionally i throw on some eye liner, it's the only make up i own. I guess if i had a daughter maybe in high school d be okay with it?? No idea.

January 16th, 2012, 10:32 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So what do you wear for make-up? To work i just wear a powder foundation and mascara - usually that's it. Maybe lipgloss. On the weekends, usually nothing because i'm lazy Going out - i'll do it up with eye liner, blush the works
Do you wear it everyday? no, just usually work or going out
Do you like it or does it seem like a hassle?i like it when i'm going out - it's fun, but for work it's more of a hassle.

What age would you let your daughter wear make-up? Play make-up probably 4 or 5 - although i have already painted her toenails As for when she's older, if she has blemished i'll cover them up too. I hated Jr. high b/c i had pimples and almost no one else did, and my mom wouldn't let me use make up. Ppl were still nice to me and i wasn't really picked on but it killed my self esteem. Otherwise Jr High/ High-school depending on her and depending on the make-up.
January 16th, 2012, 10:44 AM
wild&free's Avatar My name is Kelli :)
So what do you wear for make-up? Covergirl brown mascara and I usually put on some pink blush in the winter, but this winter my freckles stuck around so no blush. When I go on a date, or to church, or want to get dressed up I add some eye shadow and lip stain.
Do you wear it everyday? Pretty much because I go out everyday
Do you like it or does it seem like a hassle? I don't mind it. Putting it on makes me feel girly and feminine, I like it in my routine.

What age would you let your daughter wear make-up? I'm not sure. I was "allowed" to wear it when I started high school, but didn't wear it til senior year. I guess we will cross this bridge at the time, depending on her personality and maturity.

.fearfully and wonderfully made.
eli grey // jude lawrence
forever loving Finley
January 16th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
So what do you wear for make-up? Powder foundation and brown eyelinerDo you wear it everyday? Only when I leave the farm
Do you like it or does it seem like a hassle? A hassle
What age would you let your daughter wear make-up? the girls play with make up now. DD#1 wears a tined lip gloss right now but thats all she is allowed.

Thank You tasha_mae

January 16th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
So what do you wear for make-up? Nada
Do you wear it everyday? Nope, the last time I wore it was for my wedding, 9.5 years ago
Do you like it or does it seem like a hassle? I don't care for how it feels

What age would you let your daughter wear make-up? Definitely not until high school and when she can buy it on her own since I do not consider it an essential. I think most stuff makes any breakout worse by wearing it or at least that was my experience.....so I deal with my teenager break outs. My skin has been so bad since I had Teresa!
January 16th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So what do you wear for make-up? Foundation & powder, eyeliner & mascara
Do you wear it everyday? No, but almost always when I am leaving the house
Do you like it or does it seem like a hassle? Most of the time it just seems like a hassle. It can be fun getting dolled up for date night sometimes though.
What age would you let your daughter wear make-up? Middle school, as long as it was age appropriate and not over the top. Wearing make up was not ever a big deal or limited to me when I was younger. I think a big part of this was bc I was in dance, so I had to wear makeup for recitals or performances since age 3. So if I ever on the rare occasion watch my mom put on lip stick and asked him to wear some she'd lightly dab it on. It wasn't ever a faux paus I suppose. I didn't start asking to wear makeup regularly (powder & lip gloss) until middle school. All that to say as long as it's age appropriate and not over the top I don't think it's anything I would ever make a big fuss over.

January 16th, 2012, 07:28 PM
kemper2.0's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So what do you wear for make-up? Oh boy. Here goes! Moisturizer, foundation, eye shadow, mascara and a tinted lip gloss or chapstick for every day.

If it's a date night or long day I add eyeliner, powder, blush, eye shadow primer and sometimes lipstick.

Do you wear it everyday? Pretty much everyday. I like to look nice when DH gets home from work and being a SAHM it helps me not only feel more accomplished, but get more stuff done!

Do you like it or does it seem like a hassle? I love it. If it were a hassle I wouldn't wear it!

What age would you let your daughter wear make-up? I will probably teach her how to wear it the summer before high school. My mom never wore make-up so when I wanted to start wearing it I went through a very awkward stage because I didn't know what I was doing

Kat, mommy to Gideon (9-8-10) and Arie (7-6-12), and Evangeline River (3-27-14)

January 17th, 2012, 11:04 AM
K_photo_mom's Avatar Krista
So what do you wear for make-up? Mineral foundation and mascara
Do you wear it everyday? only if I'm leaving the house
Do you like it or does it seem like a hassle? I don't feel it's a burden to do, it only takes 2-3 minutes

What age would you let your daughter wear make-up? probably not until she's 16?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search