Magical Monday

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2012, 08:45 AM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you believe in Magic?

Well not magic in the pull a rabbit out of a hat sense, but more the mystical and unknown part of it. Things like Santa and the Easter Bunny, miracles of living, karma and all of that sort of "magic"?

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
January 16th, 2012, 09:17 AM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
I don't know. I think I believe in Karma. But it doesn't happen all the time so...again, I don't know. I think crazy things happen and anything is possible, but I don't know if I would call it magic.

So to re-cap, I don't know. Lol

January 16th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It is a pet peeve of mine when grown up talk about how they believe in Santa. Seriously? Wow, aren't you whimsical

I don't really know how to answer this question. I believe there are certain things that are beyond explanation that are still worth believing in.

January 16th, 2012, 12:51 PM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think there is something to the idea of karma. That good things happen when you put out good vibes and all that. I think it's important to have something to believe in. Not just for individuals, but for the world as a whole. These beliefs are what keep order and consistency in the world. I think there are about as many different belief systems in the world as there are people, and that they are all important.

I think there are certainly things that happen that are beyond explanation, and they are totally worth believing in. Not sure as an adult that I can say I believe in Santa or the Easter Bunny, but I am glad my kids do. But there is a part of me each and every Christmas that is totally amazed at the number of presents under the tree, even though I bought them all, and I stare in awe that even on the small budget we set out with we were able to provide so much for the kids. So in that regard, I do believe there is something more to it in the world than what I can see with my eyes. Somewhere, somehow it always all comes together. Even when I totally think that it will not.

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
January 16th, 2012, 03:04 PM
momtothe3rdpower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At the risk of you all thinking I am crazy (oh well!) I don't like the word magic, but I do believe there is some type of magic--but it comes from evil spirits. I also believe in God and he can do beyond what any magic could do. There are many things in our world that are not explainable. I am like Lisa, I can't believe how many opportunities there have been in my life for it to just implode, fall apart, or be destroyed. Yet, time and time again, somehow I get through it all , often better than I began. People say I am lucky, but I don't believe in luck. There is major power in positive thinking. There is an even stronger power in negative thinking.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search