Potty training?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2012, 11:22 PM
Boble's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
are many other mums to junebugs toilet training yet?

Elorah has had a rash on her bottom so to help it heal we have been giving her nappy free time, which has lead to the start of her being potty trained. She is probably having equal amounts of accidents to successes on the potty.

Just after any hints or tips from others. My other child is 12 so he was potty trained a LOOOONG time ago and I can't remember what I am doing haha. So we are going with lots of praise when she does go on the potty. No big deal for accidents, just a reminder that we wee on the potty (we have been lucky, poo's have been on the potty!). Giving her the opportunity to sit on it if we think it is go time and generally keeping a really big eye on her.

Thank you kiliki for my gorgeous siggy!
January 19th, 2012, 06:06 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sam isn't really interested yet, occasionally he wants to sit on the potty but he has yet to go on it so I just don't think he is ready at this point. My dd didn't fully train until right before she turned 3, all I did was have the potty available to her and talk about it and followed her lead, one day she decided she didn't want to wear diapers anymore and that was that, she night trained at the same time too. So with her it was just really easy because she decided it on her own. So my only advice would be have the potty avail and put her on periodically and follow her lead. Good luck!
January 19th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Christian used to poop on the potty, but now he has absolutely no interest in sitting there. Shrug.
January 19th, 2012, 08:47 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Dude I haven't even potty trained the one older than Amber yet!

January 21st, 2012, 03:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah my 3 year old has no interest in using the potty! HAHA The doctor said thats normal but I do hear girls potty train early. We haven't started yet with Baylee. I just think she's too little. I would rather keep her in diapers than deal with daily accidents. Thats really cool your little munchkin is so into it though. I don't know what you could do so early as far as encouragement. Maybe when she goes on the potty she gets an m'N'm and thats the ONLY time she get them? or a sticker chart but I think she's too little to understand that. It would have to be instant gradification. KWIM?

January 22nd, 2012, 02:19 AM
Boble's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am a bit sad that I have to give up my pretty mcn's.. I mean, Elorah's pretty mcn's hahahaha. But I figure if she is into in then I should just go with it.

Jess I had thought about the same thing with the sticker chart.. Im not sure she would get that. We are being really encouraging when she does go... lots of "yay's" and "well done Elorah" and "woohoo"'s etc. Which puts a big smile on her face.

Thank you kiliki for my gorgeous siggy!
January 22nd, 2012, 03:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah I don't think a sticker chart would work yet! I'm sure she loves the praise though!! Maybe make a potty song about her being a big girl!! Sing it when she goes. LOL I dont know!

January 23rd, 2012, 07:25 PM
My little girl is scared to use the potty still we are working on her brother for now.

Mary Mom to:
Tabitha is 12...8.3.01
Katelyn is 10....5.21.03
Emily is 8...5.23.05
Jay is 5...3.24.08
Natalie 3...5.31.10 Married to: Trae

Jay was recently diagnosed with a tumor in his head 8.11.11.was cancer but they removed all n he had radiation in Jacksonville flordia been cancer free 2 years. Recently got diagnosed with ADHD just started school n having a hard time with behavior.
January 26th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
Rayanne has a few success on the potty, and some times she just will not go on the potty...I'm not pushing it, but if I do happen to get her to go on the potty I praise her lots and sing a song...lol...we have fun with it...but I'm not over pushing it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search