Here's another one

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 20th, 2012, 09:09 AM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A secret?

And another one I just ran across. I was all good with it until the very, very end - when he wanted to run around nekkid and his mom "encouraged him to cover his masculinity and play with dolls". That one totally blew her theory for me. If she wanted to let the kid be just a kid, well then that sometimes comes with nekkid pee pee time :shrug:

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
January 20th, 2012, 09:24 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
agree.....if she is covering his masculinity and telling him to play with dolls I would say she is trying to push him the direction that SHE wishes for him to be. Not that boys can't play with dolls but I don't know, my feeling is if she wanted to keep him gender neutral fine but keeping a boy from being a boy is equally as wrong as keeping a boy from engaging in girl activities. Just let kids be kids, let them fall into their own place and support them regardless of their gender and their likes and dislikes. It just feels like this whole "gender neutral" thing is just as bad as stereotyping a kid. Just let them be and parent the child (boy or girl) with morals and teach them what is right and wrong and how to be kind people and stop stressing about what is between their legs and what toys they gravitate too. blah I don't know for some reason this annoys me, I am having a grumpy day.
January 20th, 2012, 09:51 AM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmiejo View Post
agree.....if she is covering his masculinity and telling him to play with dolls I would say she is trying to push him the direction that SHE wishes for him to be. Not that boys can't play with dolls but I don't know, my feeling is if she wanted to keep him gender neutral fine but keeping a boy from being a boy is equally as wrong as keeping a boy from engaging in girl activities. Just let kids be kids, let them fall into their own place and support them regardless of their gender and their likes and dislikes. It just feels like this whole "gender neutral" thing is just as bad as stereotyping a kid. Just let them be and parent the child (boy or girl) with morals and teach them what is right and wrong and how to be kind people and stop stressing about what is between their legs and what toys they gravitate too. blah I don't know for some reason this annoys me, I am having a grumpy day.
I agree with everything Kim said. It annoys me too! I dislike extremists of any kind. I think it's going way too far not revealing gender. Blah.

January 20th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Man N Cheese's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I find it odd that she can say such stereotypical judgemental things like "Itís like horoscopes: what could be stupider than thinking there are 12 types of personality that depend on when you were born? Itís so idiotic." and "I start to get cross with it if it skews their potential." and " Itís not just a harmless bit of silliness, like horoscopes, itís actually harmful." There is an entire sector of people she is judging and putting into a "box"....seems like she is a loon to me!
January 20th, 2012, 09:59 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I found this so odd when I first heard about this gender neutral idea, it's just odd to me.

January 22nd, 2012, 09:46 AM
kileechatseal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
weird! No other words to describe it. I understand not wanting to have your child do stereotypical boy-girl things but not revealing a gender and hiding it seems stupid to me. Hopefully that kid won't be teased as much as I think he will be when he gets older due to his upbringing. Idk, maybe I am just being mean today.

February 1st, 2012, 12:21 PM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is just weird. Gender neutral is 1 thing but really not telling until the kid was 5??? I have to wonder what they were really tring to accomplish with it. Gender is the first way people as a whole identify ourselves. It's just how you raise your child that determins weather they turn out ok. In this day and age they are setting that poor kid up for some serious bullying.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search