Moving???

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 21st, 2012, 03:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So my DH got a great job offer about 5 hours away in his hometown. Its double what he makes now. And because its a smaller town than our big city, nurses are really in demand and they pay them more. I spoke with a recruiter and I'm pretty sure getting hired asap is a sure thing. We have really been struggling and this would be a life changer for sure. BUT im so scared. My whole family is here and we are close. I see my siblings n parents usually weekly... aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents multiple times a month. We are a very close family. I know I can't pass up this opportunity but I feel so anxious. I can't sleep. I have felt sick since the topic came up two days ago, I feel like I'm going to puke!! Eeeek... What am I going to do!!

January 21st, 2012, 04:02 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Moving is not fun, especially moving away from family. But life's financial stresses can be such a burden...

January 21st, 2012, 04:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
They really are! And getting a nursing job here is really hard out of school...

January 21st, 2012, 08:34 AM
handymandy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We just did this type of thing a few months ago. DH got offered a job where he would make so much more than he did where we were. We moved 17 hours away from my family. Before we moved I was so stressed out, crying, not sleeping and eating everything in site lol. It was really hard in the beginning when we moved. I was so homesick, but now where we are is starting to feel like home and we aren't struggling like we were. Which makes life so much easier! I Skype A LOT with my parents and my sister and the rest of my family back home. I miss getting together with them. I hope we will be able to move back closer some day. But for us it was the financial situation that we had to think of first and do the best for our family in that way. Good luck!

January 21st, 2012, 03:35 PM
MomTo3LittleBoys's Avatar Love my house of boys!
Ugh that is tough!! The majority of my family lives within 10-15 min of us. My parents live 5 min away and we are super close to them and go out of with weekly. My mom cries at the thought of us even moving 30 min away! We just bought a house so are def staying for a while. Idk what I would do if I were you! Sounds like the money is great! I'm sure it will b fine after a while but tough in the beginning leaving everyone.

January 22nd, 2012, 03:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by handymandy View Post
We just did this type of thing a few months ago. DH got offered a job where he would make so much more than he did where we were. We moved 17 hours away from my family. Before we moved I was so stressed out, crying, not sleeping and eating everything in site lol. It was really hard in the beginning when we moved. I was so homesick, but now where we are is starting to feel like home and we aren't struggling like we were. Which makes life so much easier! I Skype A LOT with my parents and my sister and the rest of my family back home. I miss getting together with them. I hope we will be able to move back closer some day. But for us it was the financial situation that we had to think of first and do the best for our family in that way. Good luck!
Wow, 17 hours! I guess 5 really isnt too bad. I'm def stressed out to the max and I already have an anxiety issue. I actually can't eat though and have felt nauseous for days, which is fine since I'm dieting anyway lol. I can literally feel my blood pressure increasing everytime I think about it (which I can't help but do every waking hour of life) I want to be excited. This is an amazing opportunity I think. Ugh!! I'm really glad to hear that it is starting to get better for you. I feel like maybe it will feel like home soon there for us too, I mean after all the biggest part of my family will be with me, my hubby n kids. Plus the upside is that this is my husbands hometown, so his sisters and parents are there. But it kind of makes it even stranger for me... Its not like we are starting new somewhere together. I'm starting new, he's just going home. KWIM? ~<sigh>~ I applied for jobs so I guess we are really doing this! I'm so scared.

Ashley~ My family is upset too. We havent told the extended family yet, but everyone in my family that I have told is just like, You can't pass that opportunity up! We will miss you but I think you should do it.

February 1st, 2012, 11:28 AM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was in the same place a few years ago. It was hard but I think it was the best thing for us. There are days that I still hate it. But just remember you are only car ride away. Mine relatives are 1000 miles away so we don't get home much at all.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search