No! Mine!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2012, 09:01 AM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
fall to the ground in dramatic fashion. Face burried into palms, sobbing with great emphasis. That my friends is what a Noelle tantrum would look like in our house these days. Most of the time it begins over something that she thinks should be hers that isn't. Generally it's something small and often something pretty - last night it was about my watch. This morning it was because we were out of Fruity Pebbles. I ignore them, tend to say something like "Well if you are going to lay there and cry you go right ahead, but I am going to go do XYZ fun thing" and she is usually pretty quick to follow behind with a smile and giggle.

What do those toddler tantrums look like at your house and how are you dealing with them when they happen?

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
January 26th, 2012, 09:11 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sam is pretty much the same, falls to the ground sobbing, legs kicking and then he will casually glance around like "is anybody looking?" LOL I handle it the same way as you and for now they are short lived!
January 26th, 2012, 09:16 AM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
Levi stands during tantrums. He turns red, does the silent cry for a few seconds and then "wahhhhh"

They occur because:
A. I take something away from him that he isn't allowed to have.
B. I won't take him outside (I do sometimes, don't worry.)
C. I remove him from Daddy in the morning to go to daycare.

I also ignore and walk away. He gets over them fast.

January 26th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
James has a couple of different styles. Level 1 tantrums, he'll run away and face a wall and scream and cry and stomp his feet. He'll run back to check on me every few minutes and if I look at him, a fresh wave of anger washes over him and he runs back to his corner. Level 2 tantrums, he'll crouch down and cry and bang the floor with his fists. Level 3, he does like Noelle, throwing himself on the ground, kicking, banging his hands, screaming. I ignore him. Now that I've also trained DH to ignore him, they are much shorter than before since he never gets a reaction anymore.
January 26th, 2012, 10:55 AM
MomtoCarly&Sofia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sofia throws herself on the floor and bangs her head repeatedly while screaming. She also throws things, basically whatever toy is near her. Not that we allow her to do it, but that's what she thinks she can do. She has quite the temper. If shes throwing things I remove her from the situation and do a time out, because that could hurt someone else. If shes banging her head, she gets ignored until she stops.

January 26th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
Rayanne generally does the lip...she has the best pout lip you have ever seen....Although, if she is really upset, she does the pout with crying, causing herself to throw up. lol...but no, and mine are definitely her most favorite words. lol

January 27th, 2012, 10:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Baylee throws her self on the floor and cries, its actually pretty darn cute and I love it. Sometimes though when she gets mad at her brothers she attacks them and claws at them and bites them... she is a diva. If she bites we do a time out in her high chair looking at the wall which she thrashes her body around and screams... still adorable.

January 28th, 2012, 12:51 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
LJ is only 15 months older than Amber, the two of them both think they own everything, so this can happen...

February 1st, 2012, 01:15 PM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Caleb just has the most high pitch squeal that he lets out that will curdle blood. It is normally over a crayon. The boy loves to color, unfortunately any kind of paper with do. That includes the letter I got from the IRS for a witholding on one of employees!

February 1st, 2012, 06:14 PM
ChoMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Funny how they all have different styles of tantrums lol

Alicia's tantrums are always short lived they start with screaming, crying and running after me saying "mamamamama"while I"m walking away. I can't "ignore" her because she latches on to my leg begging me to give back what I took or told her no to. Even if DH does it, she still goes crying to me. So I usually pick her up, kiss her and say lets do this or this instead and that works 99% of the time. If all else fails...give a SMO-Check lol

February 2nd, 2012, 07:06 AM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
SMO-Check???

February 2nd, 2012, 10:12 AM
ChoMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreobaby View Post
SMO-Check???
LOL...its her paci

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic: