How can you tell if a person is faking a pregnancy??

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Man N Cheese

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2012, 04:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I didn't think people did this in real life and want to believe they dont.

Back story, friend of mine. Boyfriend is married. Now wants nothing to do with her.
March 2011~ claims to be 2 months preggo
Mid July 2011~ says she 18 weeks and due 12/29 and that its a girl
October~ Says due date moved to Jan 9
December~ Says due date actually jan 28
January~ Post 3d ultrasound with due date on it of 2/2/12

All the while posting "preggo" pics on fb... doesn't look about to pop preggo at this point. No face in the recent ones, chubby for sure and only in the mid section but doesnt look basketball or watermelon, just fatish?? Posts on FB she is at the baby doctor but family claims she is home sleeping. A friend said the doc name on her ultrasound doesnt exsist and that they saw the same exact pic online. No 2d ultrasound from finding out sex. I mean with those dates she's like a year pregnant. I don't know what to believe, nobody has felt baby "except her" is this something people really do!?!?

January 29th, 2012, 06:26 AM
handymandy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Unfortunately, yes, I have know this to happen. I don't understand it, but I have heard of this many times before. I was watching Dr. Phil a few weeks ago and there was a girl on there (a girl in high school matter of fact) that faked a pregnancy to do an "experiment". I was following a blog a few years ago and this girl was faking to be pregnant. In this case she was scamming people out of money because she said that her baby wouldn't be able to live outside her womb and people were donating and raising money to help with the medical expenses. It's really sad, but it does happen.

January 29th, 2012, 09:42 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
umm yea those dates don't add up, it's seems crazy but I guess it happens :/
January 29th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
it's sad but people do do it......

January 29th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Man N Cheese's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How can you tell if a person is faking a pregnancy? When they have been pregnant for 2 years and never have a baby.
erinpb likes this.
January 29th, 2012, 07:55 PM
MomTo3LittleBoys's Avatar Love my house of boys!
Um yea that's def fake! I was due jan 31 and found out right away and got my first pos test on may 18th. Ha what a weirdo!

January 29th, 2012, 08:56 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Yeah, I've BTDT (as the friend, not the faker) so lame.

January 29th, 2012, 10:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I know someone who did that too. The baby eventually was born...after a 13 month gestation.
January 30th, 2012, 04:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
weird. i'd for sure defriend the person, i have zero tolerance for baloney like that.

January 30th, 2012, 09:04 AM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like her dates are very off for sure. Could she possibly have been faking in the beginning, but is now really preggo? Has anyone seen her in person?

And yeah, people do it. There was just a movie on last night about someone who faked it for a high school experiment. Maybe it was the movie about the girl Amanda was talking about. There was also a news story here a few years ago about someone who faked it and then went to some pretty extreme measures to make it real. There are some very twisted people in the world.

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
January 30th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
She's not just an FB friend, I see her in real life just not often since she lives far away but I have another friend who lives close to her who is 4 months pregnant and she said last time she saw her they were the same size, like last week. She just posted a pic of fb and the belly is huge but her face is not in the pic and i don't think its her. What is wrong with people?? And a ton of people bought her all this baby stuff. She has no pics of the ultrasound where they found out the baby's sex and 1 3d ultrasound pic. I'm curious what she is going to do when her due date goes way past, i mean its already past. Now she is writing things on FB like "does anyone know a good obgyn" ummm a little late for that question... she is bonkers. She used to live with my other friend and she doesnt remember her ever going to the doc, even when she had "bleeding" at like "25 wks" UGH SO annoyed! What is wrong with people!?!

January 31st, 2012, 03:11 PM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
When February comes and baby is here or not.

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

January 31st, 2012, 03:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I updated on the crazy long thread, she is now saying she has an "angel baby" It makes me sick that a person would fake something like that when women really do have to go through that. I really hope karma gets her.

January 31st, 2012, 10:40 PM
MomTo3LittleBoys's Avatar Love my house of boys!
Omg what a weirdo! Makes me mad too!

February 5th, 2012, 11:04 AM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
wow... I bet none of her family has seen this angel baby. She sounds like she needs major help.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search