What motivates you...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
to clean your house?

And, what's your top cleaning tip?

I don't like cleaning much so I have to have a 'reward' to motivate me to do it!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
February 13th, 2012, 06:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
I just tell myself over and over it will only take a few minutes to clean (fill in the blank). When I am done with that I move on to the next thing. I also start with the one thing I really don't want to do. That way if I get it done first then it is done, and I don't have to worry about it. I also tell myself "a clean and organized house will make you feel better, and it will also save time because you will be able to find everything." Yes, I talk to myself a lot, but it does help me. I also have a master list of everything that needs to be done daily, weekly, and monthly. That way I know what I have done, and what I have left to do. When I complete things I have a visual of all that I have done that day, week, or month.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

February 13th, 2012, 08:35 AM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just remind myself that if I don't do it, no one else will and that the longer I wait, the worst it will be when I finally do it. I try to keep up with the clutter throughout the week and catch up on laundry, floors and my bathroom on weekends.

February 13th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I get motivated when something crappy happens due to not having cleaned/picked up in a while. Like when I reach in a drawer for a spoon, but they're all dirty in the dishwasher, or I want to wear my favorite sweater but I haven't done the laundry in a week.

Then I'll go crazy and just pick up or wash everything in the whole house. I'm a horrible housekeeper.

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

February 13th, 2012, 09:27 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
2 Things. Guests and Anger.

If I have people coming over I will clean everything thing from ceilings to baseboards. Unless it's family then I just do the basics, but even that gets the house pretty clean.

If I'm PO'd I do what I call "the angry clean" - slam stuff around and pick up and stomp my feet and huff and puff a lot. DH knows I'm pissed when I start washing dishes by hand.
February 14th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Haha Mylene that is too funny about dh knowing your PO'd if you're washing dishes by hand!

I guess the best reward for cleaning is the clean house, but I reward myself by telling myself if I get 'xyz' done by the time it's Layla's nap time, then I get to read while she's asleep! She only sleeps for one hour so it's precious time to myself to relax .

I'm a terrible housekeeper too Racine.

February 15th, 2012, 01:20 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
I'm pretty good about picking up the clutter daily (what we call "the Caleb tornado") because I'm the type of person to stress when I'm surrounded by clutter. But when it comes to dishes and laundry, I'm TERRIBLE. Sometimes I'll let the dishes go for 4 or 5 days, and DH ends up doing them because he hates cooking around the mess. And as for laundry, we all have a lot of clothes, so I've been known to let it go for two weeks until we almost have nothing to wear, and then I scold myself because it's way more work once I start (and once I start, I do ALL of it, which is literally like 8-10 loads of laundry). You'd think I'd learn, but I cherish the importance of "me" time way too much, because when I don't, I'm not happy. And when I'm not happy, no one is. LoL

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
February 16th, 2012, 02:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Krissy sometimes that's the only thing I DO stay on top of...the laundry! I can't stand it when it rains for a week (we don't have a drier) because it takes forever to get on top of it again . But I'm like you in that I'm big on 'me' time and a bit of me time makes a happier Mom therefore everybody's happier .

February 29th, 2012, 11:18 AM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm big on "Me" time as well. And honestly, it feels like I'm working my butt off just to do the things throughout the day and night that i have to do to take care of the kids...like bathing them, feeding them, homework, cooking dinner, all those things that really don't help get the house clean but have to be done to make the family run smoothly. Just that wipes me out. I am horrible at housekeeping. The downstairs stays decent by OMG my bedroom is a mess. I'm working on it now in fact.
My family is coming to visit Friday so i have to have the whole house cleaned. My mom complaining about how she was always able to keep up with her house when we were younger is my motivation this week. I soooooo don't want to hear it!

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
March 1st, 2012, 04:23 PM
KasieH's Avatar Super Mommy
I have no time at home lately, so I am motivation DH to clean with reward.

March 5th, 2012, 10:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Did she have as many children as you though Angela??! I admit my Mum (with four kids) did keep the house pretty clean and had a spring cleaning schedule, had it written in her diary when it was time to wash sheets etc and always kept up with it, however that was her full time job...and it really was full time! I work part-time, do everything for the kids and then keep up with the house as best I can, but it is the first thing to fall by the wayside! And I'm the same as you Angela...living room is decent, my bedroom always needs work!

I'm sure you offer Dh a good reward Kasie !

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search