Did you? Have you noticed?...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 23rd, 2012, 09:43 AM
Sally5's Avatar Exhausted Mommy!
Just curious...After you gave birth to your LO did you get your hair cut within 3 months or so? I have noticed on FB that pretty much EVERYONE who gives birth gets their hair drastically cut (a few inches or more or a major style change) within a few weeks of giving birth. I know after I had Jaxson I had something like 4 inches chopped off AND had layers added and had the front cut shorter than the back etc. It was drastic. Now that I think about it, I did the same thing after I had Jonah, too. I don't remember if I did it after I had Morgan. So, did you do it after giving birth? Have you noticed it with other ladies?

~~~~~~
February 23rd, 2012, 09:56 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hm...no, I didn't. I may have only had one haircut since she was born (possibly two), and it was not more than a couple of inches. But I have noticed that a lot with other people.

I didn't go for a shorter hair-cut, but I did switch to not blowdrying my hair, and now I just wear it naturally curly, which is much easier.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

February 23rd, 2012, 10:00 AM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't. I cut off like 8 inches and got bangs in my third trimester though.

February 23rd, 2012, 10:06 AM
waxzon's Avatar Happy Mommy!
Send a message via MSN to waxzon Send a message via Yahoo to waxzon
I did, but I also grew my hair durring my pg so it could be braided while I was in labor

9-13-12
Make a pregnancy ticker
February 23rd, 2012, 10:10 AM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
nope, not for like a year because we were too busy at the hospital, there was no time for me!

07/2007 03/2011 01/2012
February 23rd, 2012, 10:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
not with Trey, but oddly enough, since having Olivia, i've been REALLY thinking about getting my hair cut & have highlights put in. and i kinda want it to be drastic. So, maybe theres something to your theory!

my hair is so long right now, it's annoying & i dont have time to really style it, so i keep it up all the time. I want something shorter and easier.
February 23rd, 2012, 11:27 AM
gina!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YES!!!! Both with Nathan & Brady I CHOPPED my hair.

I've been organizing old pictures the last few days. In the ones from after having Brady, I looked especially AWFUL!!!!!! Short hair, puffy face, tired eyes, an extra 20+ pounds ....I just told DH last night I couldn't believe he still thought I was hot then

I learned my lesson though and did not cut it after I had Chase.
February 23rd, 2012, 11:44 AM
Amazona's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, it is sort of well known that many new moms chop off their hair after baby comes. Usually for convenience.

I haven´t done it because I´m a chicken, hehe

February 23rd, 2012, 12:38 PM
RachaelDMommaTo3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachaelDMommaTo3 Send a message via Yahoo to RachaelDMommaTo3
I didn't get mine cut with Rylan or Jacob.. this time I'm going to be getting it cut before baby comes! My hair is so long that I can't do anything with it, and I'm tired of it having no style at all.. I'm getting it cut next week!

February 23rd, 2012, 12:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It took me 6 months and I cute over 12 inches off of my hair

Im letting it grow back now but plan to cut it after the next baby. It was so much easier!

February 23rd, 2012, 03:35 PM
morgankaedenmadisonsmommy's Avatar Beyond Blessed
Not with Morgan or Kaeden but I did get my hair cut after Madison. It wasn't much though, just what had grown out since November.

February 23rd, 2012, 10:03 PM
RobinJS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I chopped my hair off immediately having both kids.

Eli Gunnar 1.11.10

February 23rd, 2012, 11:38 PM
alleusion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not after Tamberly, but I did just before Michael was born. I cut it 2 weeks after Emily was born as well. I don't think I had much hair to cut when Tristan was born, so it was a few months before I did anything to it. I'd love for it to grow out again.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for the gorgeous sig

February 24th, 2012, 05:26 AM
twoboys's Avatar photography co-host!!
I did with Jack and William but not with Charlie.. but I think thats due to just not having time, lol!!!
February 25th, 2012, 02:14 PM
megpie
I did, ONLY because my hair was falling out in clumps and I was just shedding everywhere. Getting a good chop helped tame the shedding.
February 25th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I did before Morgan. But its a normal cycle for me. I grow it out super long and cut it for locks of love. Ive donated 4 times.

February 25th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Heaven's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I cut my hair really short when I got preggo. After giving birth I went for a major hair color change and a trim. I love change and can't stand to have the same cut, style or color for too long. Then again it's covered most of the time so I can kinda take the risk of changing it so often

I've often heard of ladies doing something to their hair after they deliver, either for convenience or for a 'fresher' start and look... Kinda makes you feel better
February 26th, 2012, 06:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
No, I got my yearly haircut in November that year. I always grow it long and then chop it short.

February 26th, 2012, 02:39 PM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
Nope. I didn't get it cut until she was 6 months old..and that was just because I was starting a new job and wanted it to be easier to deal with in the morning.

With Owen and Rylan I cut it when I was in my 1st trimester..idk why..I just got an urge to cut it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search