Potty Training

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By cfm

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2012, 11:06 AM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
or learning if that is what you call it. Regardless, is anyone doing it yet? Anyone finding success with their Junebug?

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
February 27th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Nope. Not yet. He hasn't given me any signs that he is ready yet so I'm not going to push it. It's all on his time for potty training.

**Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my awesome siggy!**
February 27th, 2012, 11:20 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
not on my radar yet, Sam really doesn't seem ready and since Sydney didn't train until close to 3 I am giving it some time. I will get a little potty soon and he can sit on it if he wants, etc but most likely I won't go hardcore training until later. I have a lot on my plate at the moment and it just isn't something I have time for right now at the moment. yay for Noelle though, good luck!
February 27th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
Rayanne was doing it a bit...she has peed on the potty a couple of times, but not consistantly. She wants to sit on the potty when DH or I go to the bathroom, but 90% of the time, that's all it is...sitting. Yesterday she even grabbed a book. lol. So no real hard core potty training yet, but some interest in what it is and what it does.

February 27th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Holly is 100% trained at following me into the bathroom every single time I use it. She gets me toilet paper and flushes, often offering a farewell to poop, whether there is any or not. So, she's ready for a job as a bathroom attendant but not ready to actually pee on the potty yet.

We're introducing it slowly but no real efforts will be made until snow suit season is over

February 27th, 2012, 01:03 PM
ChoMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
bahaha ^^ ditto!

February 27th, 2012, 01:20 PM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
Levi has peed on the potty twice. We have one, I offer to let him sit on it before bath time just to get him used to it but he really doesn't have any interest. He like playing with the little peepee guard more then anything. We are waiting until he shows interest. Recently he wants his diaper changed immediately (not that I don't but you know...) after he poops and won't bend his legs while I carry him upstairs so I am thinking that may be a start.

February 28th, 2012, 07:00 AM
LOUSEE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jaxon has done it a couple of times, but his daycare wont help during the day until he is in the next class (2years) so I dont really know if I should just wait until then or try now. I think he needs the constant help and breaking it up during the day will lead to longer training time...
February 28th, 2012, 08:00 AM
I think that is why I'm not trying so hard with Rayanne either. Day care was doing it, but Rayanne started to revolt, so they stopped. I should probably contact the day care to see when they are thinking of trying again.

February 28th, 2012, 02:47 PM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
We've been working on it for about a month now. At first, she was really good at holding it, but didn't seem to understand how to "release" on the potty. Basically she'd hold it until nap or nighttime and go in her diaper, plus a couple accidents along the way.

Eventually she started doing ok at home, but refused to go at all at daycare. They wanted her in pullups, which she realized are just like diapers.

Finally, last week it seemed to have clicked! She did pretty well over the weekend, then DH was off work on Monday and she did great for him. He was just very hands off, let her decide when to go, he didn't force the issue. Tuesdays she's at MILs and they let her run around naked most of the day and she did well there too. Wed, Thurs, Fri she was at daycare and did great Wed, Thurs (she had a buddy there who is also PTing, but farther along than her, so they would go "together"), Fri her buddy wasn't there and she didn't do as well. The weekend was almost accident free AND she went on public potties twice for me! She's at the point now, where as long as we can get her to sit on the potty (which she will 90% of the time we ask) she will at least try to get out a sprinkle.

We almost gave up after a couple weeks, but I'm glad we stuck with it.

February 28th, 2012, 03:21 PM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are now at that holding it part. Seems she can stay dry through nap, sit for an additional 10 minutes and then get off the potty and pee in her panties. So we are now working on the releasing it in the potty part of things. I am pretty sure once we get that we will be in the home stretch.

This is one of those times when I am sort of glad that we aren't dealing with day care. She is home with SIL and can stay either nekkid or in just underpants most of the day. We have all hard woods, so accidents are not a problem either. I think she will get it.

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
February 29th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Wow you guys are doing great!! That is so exciting...I'm sure Rayanne will pick up on it soon...she just hates stopping what she is doing to go pee, so when we ask her she often says no, even though, I'm sure she does...or we say do you need to go pee, and then 1/2 the time she will pee in her diaper at that moment. lol. They are funny kids that's for sure!

March 2nd, 2012, 04:05 PM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
she is not showing any signs right now, so I am holding off until she does.
March 4th, 2012, 07:17 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
I JUST managed to get my 3 year old toilet trained I'm in no hurry, but she is showing signs. She tells me when shes feeling wet and when shes done a poo she tells me its yucky poos and would like to be changed in her own wording. I think if I put effort into trying to train her it probably would be easy but I would rather her just do it herself if ykwim? I might start trying when shes 2.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (6), Mianna (4) and Harper (2),

March 5th, 2012, 12:05 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I'm considering it cuz I'm potty training her brother and so she's super interested, but I HATE potty chairs and Amber's too small for the toilet, so Idk...I may just wait a year,

March 19th, 2012, 10:48 PM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have introduced Harleigh to it. She has peed on the potty twice. The will open the lid and say potty. And tells us when she needs changed. but try and get her to sit on the potty? Yea full on meltdown. It is like she is afraid of it now or something. So I keep gently offering it to her, but we are still in diapers. But at least now we are back in cloth

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search