Birthday Parties

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By kimmiejo

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 29th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
So, I know they are still a bit away, but it's been dead at work today, so I have been doing some on line seaching. We have already decided that she is going to have a Tinkerbell Party. She loves Tinkerbell, so it's perfect.

I was thinking of getting a pull string pinata from Party city, she has older cousins and stuff, but I'm wondering if she is too young for that?? What do you guys think.

What are your ideas for your LO's birthday party?

February 29th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't think she'll be too young for the pinata, she'll catch on when she sees the other kids doing it. Fun!

We're not big birthday party people here, We'll do cake and ice cream after supper. Family is welcome to drop by. If it nice out we'll probably spend the day at the park and we'll have cupcakes on hand for any park buddies that are around.

February 29th, 2012, 04:08 PM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
currently the plan is just a family BBQ type party with a Sesame Street theme, since Sam loves "Nelno" aka Elmo...nothing huge planned but I would like to make these
HippieLove, cfm, ChoMomma and 2 others like this.
February 29th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
For James, we'll just have family over and bbq. The day after his birthday is Canada Day so there is a lot going on in the city to keep everyone entertained. DD just had her first real birthday party this year (she just turned 5), so I'll probably do the same for James.

I think a pinata would be fun. DH just went to a birthday party for a 2 year old and there were bubbles and dancing and the mom had a couple of games (pin the tail on the donkey and something else) where all the kids won something. The age range was 20 months (James) to 2 years and all the kids had fun.
February 29th, 2012, 06:24 PM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
We are also doing a sesame street party, Elmo is Levi's favorite as well. I found a bunch of cute ideas on Pinterest. I think we are just doing the same as last year. Cookout, swim, a few decorations and some goodies. Just family and a few friends. Nothing big.

March 1st, 2012, 06:14 AM
LOUSEE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I like the pinata idea too!!

We arent going to do much, maybe BBQ invite close friends and close family (I say close family cause DH has like 50 cousins plus kids and stuff). It is kinda hard cause it is also my sisters bday so I am not sure what she is going to do. I would like to do a pool party, but I dont have a pool!
March 1st, 2012, 06:49 AM
Rayanne's birthdays aren't meant to be super huge, but she has a lot of cousins...and so there is lots of kids that need to be invited. We are doing it at our house this year, I rented a hall last year, but I'm planning on cutting down the invite list a bit...(if I can) It's so tough because DH's family always has EVERYONE over for birthdays, well, I have a 750 sq ft house...not enough room for all those people, so the yard is our best bet.

ok...so I just tried to check out pinterest, and it said that I am on the waiting list, and have to wait for an invite??? WHAT???

March 1st, 2012, 07:02 AM
MomtoCarly&Sofia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're having the girls party together again. No point in separate parties. They are obsessed with yo gabba gabba so that'll be the theme. Basically all thats themed at our parties is a few decorations and the cake. It'll be in our backyard, about 20-25 people, which is mostly family. I'm debating between just ordering pizza for it or doing the usual BBQ.

March 2nd, 2012, 02:53 PM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have thought about celebrating her birthday while on vacation at the family cabin- if so, then it would be pretty small, low key with just a few other family members there. otherwise I have been thinking about an Elmo bbq party in our yard. her theme was ladybug last yr, so we already have a lot of decor we can use again for it.

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my siggy!

March 4th, 2012, 03:17 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
I'm not sure what I'm doing this year, her birthdays on a Tuesday and since its her 2nd I probably won't throw a massive party like her 1st. I might do a little party Tuesday evening. As for themes I have no clue, she's not really a tv kid and shes not really into anything particular.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
March 4th, 2012, 11:09 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I have a birthday party to plan for my soon to be 3 year old, I have a baby to have (hopefully in May...probably June...) and another birthday in June before I can do Amber's, I'm nowhere near ready to think of hers!

March 5th, 2012, 06:31 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have to approach this with this person but we have a family member that owns a local cupcake business. We are going to see if she will let us have a party there...give kids a blank cupcake and lay out some icing/sprinkles/toppings and let the kids decorate and eat their own. I'm pretty sure she will say yes. It would be easy cash for her.

If she says no, there is a paint place next door to her shop and we will have a painting party.

Her party probably won't happen until later in the summer when her cousins come down from the NE.
March 15th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaLee View Post
I have to approach this with this person but we have a family member that owns a local cupcake business. We are going to see if she will let us have a party there...give kids a blank cupcake and lay out some icing/sprinkles/toppings and let the kids decorate and eat their own. I'm pretty sure she will say yes. It would be easy cash for her.

If she says no, there is a paint place next door to her shop and we will have a painting party.

Her party probably won't happen until later in the summer when her cousins come down from the NE.
Hayden went to a party at a bakery and they did this. The kids had a blast, it was so cute!

We are going with Sesame Street for Luke, focusing on Cookie Monster, who Luke adores.
March 16th, 2012, 05:30 AM
That sounds like a totally fun idea Lee-anne!!

I love seasame street, but the old school seasame street.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search