End of the world, I'm going to make myself throw up cry...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By who_it_is

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
Rayanne hasn't had one of these in a LONG LONG LONG time, but did yesterday. We are transitioning her out of her high chair, into a little table and chairs. (he high chair is on the smaller side, and she is getting too big for it, we have a super small house, and so no kitchen table and so there is no where else for her to eat except on a little table and chairs.) Anyway, she has been doing great with this, but then yesterday she wouldn't sit nice on her bum and eat, she wanted to walk around the room and eat. WELL, she went into that ugly cry right away, it was horrible. And actually gagged a few times like she was going to throw up...so I calmed her down, and finished feeding her on my lap.

I don't know if giving into these fits is going to end up biting me in the ******* in the long run, but I really just can't handle watching her throw up.

Is the important thing that she is eating, or that she is sitting down like a good girl when she eats. SIGH it's so tough, I don't want to create bad habits, and make a bad situation for me, but I just can't let her cry so hard that she makes herself throw up either.

March 5th, 2012, 05:55 PM
ChoMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I must be horrible because I let Alicia walk around and eat all.the.time. esp lunch. Its hard enough to get her to eat in the first place so if that's how I get food in her then so be it. For me its not worth the fight.

And she just had one of those ready to throw up fits today...she didn't want to go to bed. She also hasn't had one of those fits in a long time. I hate them

March 5th, 2012, 06:19 PM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel you on the fits- Dallas had quite a few of them lately, and it is so hard to get her to calm down once she's past a certain point.

And I'm the same as you, anna, I let Dallas walk around and eat if she wants, it's not worth the fight for me either. But then again we both have younger babies!

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my siggy!

March 5th, 2012, 06:23 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yep, we have the throw up fits occaisonally too. The last one was last week. She has this Dora coloring book that's the size of her and she can't adjust it well and gets frustrated. She threw up all over the side of our bed and in the bathroom sink. That Dora book is no longer available to her at the moment.

Julie has a small table and chairs. It is in the living room...she normally sits down and eats there but if she gets up with the food and walks around the house, it is okay. We have carpet in the living room but we are going to put an engineered wood when we are done with kids (so 3-5 years time frame).
March 5th, 2012, 07:01 PM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We don't get the throw up fits often, but when we do - yikes!

As for which is more important, I would say that's a call for you. Sounds like this is one of those pick your battles times. For us, the rule is we sit when we eat. End of story. At day care that is the rule, and since Noelle is going back to day care in a week, we have started enforcing it at home again. She has a small table and chair that she can sit at to eat breakfast and snacks, lunch and dinner are in her high chair at the table with everyone else. Either way she has to sit. Pick your battle, is it important that she eat or more important that she sits??
HippieLove likes this.

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
March 6th, 2012, 03:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I lost the big long reply I wrote

Dinner at our house means everyone sits down together and stays there until dinner is done. Holly, however, often gets antsy and screamy before the end so she comes and sits with me. no biggie, as she gets older she'll get better at staying in her seat. I'm sure my dad would roll his eyes, say I'm spoiling her and that she'll never respect me. Whatevs. Ds had his tough times at the table too and now, at age 4, sits wonderfully and politely asks to be excused at the end of the meal. It took awhile but no crying induced barf was involved. So, I don't know. Pick your battles.

What do you do while she is sitting and eating? Do you sit and eat with her?

March 6th, 2012, 04:40 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
at dinner time we all sit together, if the kids make an attempt to eat and then start getting crazy with the "all dones" and "downs" they can get down. I don't really make them sit until everyone is finished. Honestly it's usually Sydney that wants to get down before everyone else not Sam but she doesn't scream about it anymore just asks if she can please be done.

As for fits, Sam has a major one every day lately when he gets home because he immediately wants to go outside, he screams and lays on the floor and kicks his feet and I honestly just ignore him. Mean? maybe? but he gets over it and there is no reasoning with him, he just has to realize he isn't getting his way at that very moment and then he moves on. He doesn't scream until he throws up though. I def pick my battles and going outside before dinner doesn't really work for us because of our schedules so he screams and I finish cooking and he gets over it lol
March 16th, 2012, 05:37 AM
Sorry I have been MIA...

The difficult part is we don't have a kitchen/dinning room table. Our house is just way too small...and she really has gotten too big for her high chair. (DH's mom bought it for her for christmas when she was 6 months old) Because I didn't get to choice the high chair, it has the bar across the top where her legs go, and she has to put her legs totally straight to be able to get them in. SIGH. So anyway, we have been wanting to get here a little table with chairs, but I just haven't found one that I like yet. (for the price that they are here in Canada, it's tough to spend that on something that may be ok) We are going to Grand Forks next weekend, (north Dakota) and so I may look at Target or Walmart there to see what I can find. Last night, I did, I sat with her on the floor, her in her foam chair, and she did a lot better. So perhaps that's the key? She still got up at the end. She has also learned the phrase, all done here, and feels that after she has eaten 2 bites, it is acceptable to say that, and stop eating. Definitly the sitting with her helps with that too. I guess she just wants to be where we are, and (not that she is ever very far)

Anyway, thanks for the advise ladies...hopefully I can find her a little table and chairs, and the stituation will get better as time goes on.

March 16th, 2012, 06:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Where do you guys eat?

March 16th, 2012, 06:48 AM
We currently eat in the living room. We sit on the couch with our plates, and Rayanne's high chair has always been placed right beside the couch. When we have been putting her in the foam chair, it was usually in front of the coffee table, and we would be sitting on the couch. It's very frustrating to me that we don't have a dinning room area to eat in, I can't wait for next spring when we build our addition.

March 18th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I still put Baylee in the high chair. I don't plan on changing that any time soon. I think its too much to ask of her to sit still while we eat, Anthony still has a hard time. Plus I can't handle that stress when I'm trying to eat. I don't think letting her cry to the point of puking is worth it but its ur battle to choose. She's still a baby, that's asking a lot, especially if you all aren't sitting at the table to eat. I would praise her when she does well and ignore it if she has a bad day with it. It won't last forever

March 19th, 2012, 04:45 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Amber's still in a high chair, we don't have enough chairs for her to be out of it. The kids have only fussed about being in it a little, and never fussed about being out of it, so Idk what to say.

March 19th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Harleigh is in the high chair that straps to an actual chair. And we do have a small table and chairs here as well. She eats her snacks sitting at the table and chairs, but meals are in the high chair. The past week she throws her fits at dinner, so I usually hold her and feed her. Which is a PITA, but she can't afford not to eat, so I just suck it up.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search