How much TV?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2012, 02:56 PM
kellysensei's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How much TV does your Junebug watch? What channel/shows?

The TV is on (set to Baby First TV, or maybe it's just called the Baby Channel) for about an hour in the morning when Gabriel wakes up and 20-30 minutes at night when he's drinking his milk and settling down for bedtime. He doesn't actively watch the entire hour in the morning, but he'll watch it off and on while drinking, eating, and playing during that time. He does sit down and actively watch at night. He loves crayons and always points out to me a show that has a bunch of crayons pictured in the introduction, LOL.

Evan James (2/18/12) and Gabriel Anthony (6/5/10)

March 20th, 2012, 03:10 PM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We don't tend to watch too much now that she is back in day care. (When Noelle was home with her Aunt she watched WAY more than I would have liked) I would say on average it's about an hour a day, give or take. Sometimes in the morning if she is up early and I need to finish getting ready I put it on - Strawberry Shortcake (on the Hub channel) or something on Nick Jr or Disney Jr. In the evenings, she might catch part of a show or a movie while I am getting dinner ready and helping the older kids with their homework. She does like Olivia and Miss Spider from Nick Jr. and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse from Disney. Tangled is a popular movie at her house. Other times when the tv is on just for noise I generally put it on Food Network, so I don't have to worry about what any of the kids are seeing/hearing. She has been known to sit and watch an entire episode of Cupcake Wars.

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
March 20th, 2012, 06:04 PM
3xCrazy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our TV is always on the little kids channel. Im not worried about it, They get loads of excersize running around the house/yard and know when they want to have a rest and just chill for a few mins.

March 20th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
When I need to shower in the morning, which is more often than not, the kids get to watch a couple of 10 minute episodes of Charlie and Lola on youtube. Long enough for me to shower and dress. Ds is allowed to watch a movie while Holly naps, sometimes she'll catch the tail end of it, but I'm trying not to let that happen.

I make exceptions for when kids are sick or there is a babysitter over or whatever. But on you average day I try not to let her watch more than 20 minutes.

March 20th, 2012, 11:28 PM
StarrMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We watch way too much TV. We always have the TV on, usually on either Nick Jr. or Sprout.

However, the kids rarely sit and stare at the tv...they are always on the go go go!
March 20th, 2012, 11:47 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Hmmm, too much? But I think any at this age is too much...so hmmm...she watches like 5 shows a day, almost all of them are Calliou, she loves Calliou!

March 21st, 2012, 06:03 AM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
Our TV is also always on. Levi is rarely sitting and watching though. He will watch Sesame Street in the evening before bed and maybe a cartoon in the morning so I can get ready for work. Other than that, his is running around.

March 21st, 2012, 06:18 AM
LOUSEE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jaxon's fav show is wipeout. He will sit through the entire hour long show, saying "UTTTOHHH" when someone falls and then cracks up.

The tv is on at the house all the time, but he doesnt really watch it (other than when wipeout is on), on the weekends he watches cartoons in the morning, and if he is sick I tend to let him watch more tv. but I am not worried about it. He still watches his baby movies and he like deigo (with all the animals). I would say he watches about 30 mins a day on the weekdays and maybe an hour on the weekends.
March 21st, 2012, 06:27 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sam is really not interested in TV at all, he never sits and watches anything for more than about 2 minutes. That being said our TV is usually on but neither of my kids are into TV much, Sydney will watch a movie on the weekends or a show in the evening sometimes but Sam not so much. Sometimes I wish he would sit and watch a 30 minute show
March 21st, 2012, 06:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
DD watches a cartoon in the morning before school and a bit after school. Other than that, the TV is turned off. James will sometimes sit for a few minutes and watch with her, but usually he's busy pushing his cars around.
March 21st, 2012, 10:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Our tv is usually on the Sprout channel but he rarely sits and watches anything. He will drop what he is doing to sit and watch Caillou. He loves that show.

**Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my awesome siggy!**
March 22nd, 2012, 06:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Our TV is always on. It's the first thing my DH or DS does when they get home - turn it on. Abigail only watches a minute or two of Dora or Yo Gabba Gabba though. She's not really into it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search