Failed a hearing test :-(

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2012, 09:39 AM
kellysensei's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I took Gabriel to an audiologist today because the speech evaluator recommended it to rule out hearing loss as to why Gabriel is not speaking yet. I expected him to pass with flying colors, as he seems to hear us fine at home and can follow directions. Instead, he failed both tests they did in his right ear. The second test showed "possible mild to moderate" hearing loss. Ugh. We've got to talk to our pediatrician now to see if he wants to check for fluid/infection himself or if we need to go straight to an ENT. Hopefully it's nothing, but if he does have mild hearing loss in one ear, I guess that could explain a lot about his lack of speech...

Not what I was expecting today! Anyone else have a kid that has hearing loss or has failed a hearing test?

Evan James (2/18/12) and Gabriel Anthony (6/5/10)

March 27th, 2012, 09:44 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sydney had a hearing test in Feb and failed horribly, so bad they said if it was sensorineural hearing loss she would qualify for hearing aids, she got a new set of ear tubes and is all good...her loss was due to fluid in her ears though nothing structural, etc, so the tubes easily corrected it. Good luck, hopefully it is something easily fixed!
March 27th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hopefully it is something that can be fixed up double quick. I know Christina's (sweetsimplethings) ds also had some kind of hearing loss thing that was resolved like Sydney's.

March 27th, 2012, 11:28 AM
LOUSEE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My friend son just went through that too, they found fluid in his ears (he is 2 1/2 and barley talking) once they put tubes in, he speech improved 100%. Hopefully that is all it is.
March 27th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Poor guy. Hopefully everything works out, like the others say.
March 30th, 2012, 11:12 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Courtney failed her hearing test at her Kindergarten screening, but none of us really believed she had hearing issues then, I believed she couldn't follow their directions because they were too complicated.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search