Eating...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 10th, 2012, 01:39 PM
LOUSEE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What are you kiddos eating these days?

Jaxon is going through a phase where he will only eat a handful of things and it is driving me bonkers. I really dont know what to do. Any ideas on how to get him to even try other things?
April 10th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
Ava is going through the same phase.She used to eat everything and I mean everything but now she has gotten picky.It's hard too because I don't want to be a short order cook,I want her to eat what we are eating.

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

April 10th, 2012, 03:42 PM
LOUSEE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks, I dont feel so alone anymore! haha
April 10th, 2012, 06:21 PM
ChoMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Alicia has always been that way, it drives me completely nuts. But some days she likes things then hates them the next. There's a few that are always winners, but mostly she eats the same things. You're not alone..!

April 10th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
James is an ok eater. He would eat cheerios and drink milk all day, if I let him, but he'll eat pretty much anything we offer him. Our menu is pretty boring and bland though, because I'm not much of a cook and DD is a terribly picky eater.
April 11th, 2012, 09:51 AM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Noelle certainly has things that she likes and things that she doesn't, but I really don't play into the whole picky eater thing. If I did I would be cooking 4 totally different dinners every nigh and that is just not going to happen. I try to make sure there is at least one "kid friendly" thing on the plate every night, and that's really all I will do. They eat what is in front of them and that's just the way it is. It's how it is at day care for her all day so no different at home.

If we are having something very non kid friendly (like fish or something very spicy) I will make a main dish sub for the kids but even with that they get the same sides as everyone else.

Unless there is a medical condition or an issue putting on weight, I have always been told not to specifically cater to pickiness. Kids will eat when they are hungry and with few exception they will eat what is put in front of them. I aim to offer my kids variety and new things all of the time. I made the mistake early on with Genna and Stephen being a short order cook and it's taken almost 5 years to get them to the point where they no longer complain about what is on their dinner plate at night. They are now open and willing to try new things and take in new experiences. And while I know that each of my children has their favorites and things they prefer not to have to eat, they get a balance of it all.

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
April 11th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Holly is definitely getting picker but what's for dinner is what's for dinner. Sometimes I feel kind of bad for my kids because dinners are rarely (or never) things kids typically like (pasta, chicken nuggets, whatever) but really, they get really healthy, wholesome homemade meals so boohoo for them. Holly sometimes refuses dinner, sometimes doesn't, it's usually dependent on how much she's snacked in the afternoon. However, if she had her way she'd live on peanut butter, cherrios, milk, berries and yogurt.

April 11th, 2012, 11:23 AM
handymandy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Elliot has gotten A LOT better with eating. It used to be a constant battle getting her to eat. I would get so frustrated! I used to make her something different every time she would refuse to eat what I made for myself and DH. DH convinced me that I wasn't helping the situation and she would either eat what we were having or not eat. She would usually eat the sides, but it was the meat we were having trouble with. Now she will eat baked or grilled chicken where I used to have to cover it in bread crumbs and bake it before she would even think about touching it. She still puts up a picky attitude at first sometimes, but I can usually get her to try a bite and then she almost always decides that she does like it and eats her whole plate. But I do make her something else if she spits it out and doesn't like it.

April 26th, 2012, 06:03 AM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
Mianna is a fantastic eater, she loves cheese, yogurt, fruit, meat and veggies. Her favs are watermelon and cheese

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (6), Mianna (4) and Harper (2),

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search