June bug refusing to bathe

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By LOUSEE

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 18th, 2012, 01:01 PM
jewelsgurl23's Avatar Abby and Amber's Momma
since last week abby is refusing to take a bath. all she does is cry when i stand her up in the tub after i put her in there. the only thing i can think of is that she scared that her hair is going to get washed. i have lots of toys and i even bought water dropz that change the water colors. i have told her we are just going to play and no hair washing. apparently the suave kids shampoo that said tear free is not tear free. i used it and it even burned my eyes. im at a loss now. its my job to bathe her and i dont know what else to do. any advice needed. thanks.

April 18th, 2012, 01:26 PM
LOUSEE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have no advise, but I am not going to lie, sometimes I wish Jax DIDNT want to take a bath! He has even learned that when I spell B A T H to his father, he looks at me smiles and says BATH MOMMY BATH and proceeds to get naked.
~MamaTutu~ and CameronsMommy like this.
April 18th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just wash her while she screams. My DD has gone through a few phases in her five years where she just absolutely hated the bath and screamed and fought and fussed. We just washed her while she was freaking out. Eventually it would pass and she'd be fine again for a few months.
James loves baths but hates getting his hair rinsed. He screams while I clean.
April 18th, 2012, 04:48 PM
ok thanks for all of the advice ladies

April 18th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are in the same boat. I have the same advice as Jennifer. You just have to bathe her while she freaks out. Its Harleigh's new thing to freak out when its bath time. IDK if its because daddy is doing it or what (since I'm home with her now). So since tomorrow is bath night, I'll try starting the bath and see if she freaks out. She isn't a fan of getting her hair washed either, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
April 19th, 2012, 08:37 AM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am in the just get it done camp. Run the bath with her in the other room and get her all set to go before going into the bathroom. Then in the tub, wash, rinse and out as quickly as possible. We can bathe Noelle in under 5 minutes if need be.

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
April 19th, 2012, 08:50 AM
ChoMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Alicia goes both ways, some days she'll go in the bath without a fight and others she will cry BUT washing her hair is a huge horrible production. She absoutely hates it, even if I go near her hair with water its a scream fest. I just do it as quickly as possible and right before we take her out of the bath so she doesn't freak the second we put her in. I hope it passes too cause its frustrating!

April 19th, 2012, 12:52 PM
thanks so much ladies. i have always tried to get it done as fast as possible but its sometimes hard when she tries to climb out of the tub and wash with one hand. im glad im not the only one going through this battle. i hope it passes soon.

April 26th, 2012, 04:40 AM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
does she like showers? would it help if you get in with her? my kids are water freaks, I have a hard time getting them OUT

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search