Will you ever renew your wedding vowels?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By mylene169
  • 2 Post By Shea131

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
I really want to do it next year for our five year annv. We had such an awful wedding ceremony/day/history..too long to explain...never had a honeymoon..no nice photos, etc. Just yucky. So I would love to do it again next year and include the divas and FINALLY take a real honeymoon..somewhere tropical where all we do is smoosh all day and sip pina coladas

April 24th, 2012, 03:08 PM
sandpaper06's Avatar Mom of 3 darlings
I think you should do it! How great to have a memory with the girls and you're smokin' so get some hot pics with your DH!

I don't think DH and I would do it, but we had pretty much the perfect wedding day/honeymoon. (except for that part where he left me at my sister's house for 4 hours!!?!)
Caroline - November '12

April 24th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
We have talked about doing it, and I keep telling him when he makes Chief then we can do it. He swears that he is never making chief, so who knows. Our wedding day was eventful, nothing went right, and I really would like to have a do over. I just don't want to spend the money on it because I would rather just spend the money on a great vacation instead of something that will last only one day.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

April 24th, 2012, 08:49 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I'd like to do it for our 10th. DH was never a non-believer (as in believing in God etc) but he wasn't really sold on religion either. He didn't want a "church" wedding and went along with what I wanted to please me. My grandma did our ceremony (she's a retired minister) so it was pretty churchy, just on the beach! However, in the past couple of years DH has started going to church and has really changed his feelings on a lot of things. He told me about 6 months ago he wanted to renew our vows because he now realizes what they REALLY mean in a more religious sense rather than just being promises to each other. That was pretty awesome coming from him! So I have a feeling we will eventually, who knows when though.
sandpaper06 likes this.
April 24th, 2012, 11:32 PM
sandpaper06's Avatar Mom of 3 darlings
That sounds awesome Mylene!
Caroline - November '12

April 25th, 2012, 10:41 AM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We will one day. We were going to do it for our 10th but that didn't happen. Then we were going to do it for our 15 (which probably won't happen).

But we WILL do it on our 20th!! That gives me time to plan something wonderful.

April 25th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
That is awesome Mylene. We aren't religious, but I can understand how much that would mean to someone who is.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

April 27th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
I gotta get mine said for the first time first!
mylene169 and sandpaper06 like this.

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
April 29th, 2012, 09:00 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
We said we would do it for our 5th so I could get a dress that I really liked. My wedding dress was nice, it just wasn't what I wanted. Of course we ended up having kids before so it just wasn't in the budget. I don't think we'll do it for 10 years either. We're going on seven years now and we'll probably have another kid in there. If we end up doing it, I'll want to be in shape so I can look super fantastic in a form fitting sexy dress
April 29th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Dh and i loved our wedding and we always joke that we want to do it again every year! Haha, realistically, financially i dont know when it'll ever happen (my mom paid for our first wedding) but we would like too someday, maybe 20 years or something

April 29th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Shantastic27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd like to do it! We got married in Mexico and didn't have a reception, so we'd love to have something here to celebrate with our people .

May 8th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Jannell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think we will at some point. We didn't have a wedding at all. My mom wants us to do it at 5 years. In her words if we wait longer she may not be around. But I feel 5 years isn't really a long time at all to renew vows but we will see. The only reason why I want to renew is because I want a wedding dress. I didn't get a prom and no wedding dress. I think I deserve one!
May 11th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We are actually planning on doing it next year for our tenth! We only had a courthouse wedding with just toms grandparents in attendance ( we kinda eloped) Our plan is Hawaii and everyone who can come does! We figure there will be enough people there to watch the kids we can have some alone time too. Now hopefully we can still afford it after buying anew house this summer.... :s

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search