Weddings...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
The other post got me thinking about weddings. It sounds like a few of us have some interesting stories to share, so share your wedding story!

Mine was supposed to be a small church wedding, and then my grandma told me that she would give us $400 to just go to Vegas and elope. That way she wouldn't feel bad about not making it to our wedding because of her health. We decided to do that until we found out how expensive it would be for us to do that, and my dh was only getting two weeks of leave. He hadn't been home since bootcamp, and his mom was not happy that he was talking about just meeting me in Vegas for our wedding. We changed it back to the church (my mom wanted that, and I agreed because I did like the church) with only our family, and friends could go to the reception. I ended up getting my dress for like $60. It was really pretty, but not a traditional dress. My dh wore his dress blue uniform. We showed up at the church, and waited there for two hours. The pastor never showed up. Everyone was sitting out in the parking lot waiting on this guy to show up. I was about in tears, but my dad saved the day. He called a friend of his who just so happens to be a judge at the county court house. This guy was at home for his day off, came into work for us, and set everything up in less than an hour. We got married with our entire wedding party in tow at the court house. It was pretty funny watching all the women set off the metal detector because of all the crap in their hair. After that we went to the reception. The lady that I had do my cake did a horrible job. I was beyond pissed off. It didn't taste good at all, and looked like crap. I knew I should have just done it myself, but my mom told me it would be one less thing for me to worry about if I just had someone do it. Our honeymoon was ruined by dh's mom. We were supposed to spend three days at a hotel right next to Lake Michigan. Well his mom expected us to make the 3 hour drive every single day to see her because she missed her son, and his birthday is the day after we got married. She pretty much told me I just had to deal with it because she is his mom. Yea, that went over really well with me, so things didn't go well until we left at the end of Dh's leave to go back to CT.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

April 29th, 2012, 08:17 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
That's a lot of drama for one day! I want to see pics if you have any

Ours was pretty normal, for the most part. The night before our outdoor ceremony, the remnants of a tropical storm went through our area. I was terrified that we would have to move it, but the next day was okay. It was cloudy but dry. When I was getting my hair and makeup done first thing in the morning, my DJ called to renegotiate our contract. He basically told me he was going to start an hour before I told him and then charge me extra to stay to the end of the reception. We had an outdoor ceremony in the gardens of a Victorian house. As I was about to walk down the aisle to my music that had already started, DH's stepmom was running late and cut across the aisle in front of me to get to her seat. That was kind of annoying. The ceremony was in the ballroom of the house and went well. Our wedding cake was the wrong color, but it was still pretty and tasted great. At some point of the reception, one of the groomsmen got caught by the owner of the house doing coke in the bathroom. The owner went to my dad and threatened to kick us all out. My dad managed to get the groomsmen kicked out so that the rest of us (100+) could stay. I had no idea any of that happened until the next day.

Oh a funny part is that after the reception, my parents brought the rest of the wine back to their house with my relatives and continued the party. I went home the next morning to drop off my wedding dress and found out my dad had passed out on the floor of his closet using his rental tux garment bag as a pillow. My dad rarely gets drunk. DH and I had gone to a nice hotel for the night where all of his family was staying. They were in the hotel bar continuing the party and had pizza delivered. Someone tucked some napkins into my dress and did shots and ate pizza before we went up to our room

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search