Classes

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 26th, 2012, 09:07 AM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you currently have your little one signed up for any lessons or classes?

What classes are you looking forward to them participating in most? Is there any class or activity that you are secretly hoping they will have ZERO interest in?

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
April 26th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I pray they don't get into hockey. Early mornings, expensive gear, arena to arena all over te province every weekend. Tim hortons. Blah. I don't mind some shiny in the park but NO LEAGUE HOCKEY for boy or girl!

Holly isn't signed up for anything yet. I might do a swim class with her in the fall. I hope that when she's older we can afford horseback ridding lessons. I rode when I was younger and it was my world. If she's into horses I would love to be able to do that for her.

April 26th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
James is taking gymnastics and music right now.

I also don't want him to join hockey for all the same reasons as Michelle. But if he really wants to, I'll support it anyways.

I was really excited for Leah to take ballet, as was she. She talked about it for 2 years and practiced all the time. She took it in the fall and hated it. So at the end of the first session we pulled her out.
April 27th, 2012, 12:08 PM
kellysensei's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Besides speech therapy, Gabriel is not taking any classes/lessons now. There's a Japanese Saturday school nearby (or at least there was) that I *think* accepts kids as young as two, so we might sign him up starting in the fall.

Once he turns three and his ear tubes (which he's getting in two weeks) come out, we're hoping to sign him up for swimming lessons. When he's older, I wouldn't mind him getting into softball, tennis, or martial arts. I hope he's not into hockey or football, both because of the expense, danger of injuries, and the fact that we ourselves have very little interest in either.

Evan James (2/18/12) and Gabriel Anthony (6/5/10)

April 27th, 2012, 12:36 PM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sam isn't in any classes, in the fall we will do swimming though. Maybe next year we will try soccer, our township does 3yr old soccer, not sure he will make the age cut off though. I don't really care what he wants to do, there isn't really any sport I don't want him to get involved with I am ok with baseball, football, soccer, wrestling, hockey (although it is expensive I agree and around here requires extensive travel), etc...DH hates basketball so he probably wouldn't want him to be into that but at the end of the day he wouldn't hold him back either, doubt basketball will be in the mix anyway, Sam has short legs haha
April 27th, 2012, 04:04 PM
handymandy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Elliot goes to The Little Gym every week.

I think she will get involved in dance when she gets old enough for it. I think they start at 3 at The Little Gym. Nothing off the top of my head that I hope to avoid.

April 28th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Eve does swim lessons and LOVES them. After dinner every night, she gets her swimsuit and puts her shoes on and says it's time to go to swimming! She has a fit when it is not a swim night.

I am looking into a class that teaches kids about appreciating nature. It is for kids under five and has special sibling rates, so both of my kids can be in the class at the same time. I think they will both love it. I also take her to the planetarium every week for the toddler "Class." it isn't really a formal set of classes, but you just show up every week, it is $1 per person, and they do a fun little lesson. It's called "Twinkle Tots" both my kids love it, and can't beat the price!

She used to do gymnastics last year, at the Little Gym, and it was really good for her. But it got to be too expensive, we moved and the rec department in our new area offers a lot of activities for a cheaper price, so we never enrolled her in the little gym in our new area.

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search