An Update on Us

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi all! I know I haven't been on here in forever. I check every once in a while, but don't have much to say. I hope someone remembers us

I just wanted to pop in and let you all know how my junebug, Evie, is doing! I can't believe we are almost to birthday number two!

Eve is doing really well. She has gotten to have an extremely stubborn personality (everyone tells me that she gets it from me... I dunno what they are talking about LOL) but she is also very sweet and loving. She is really getting into imaginative play. She loves playing with her baby dolls, feeding them and taking them for walks in the stroller, and she loves dress up (her favorite thing to dress up as- a princess football player ROFL!) and she has tea parties with her older brother. She is talking off the hook, and it blows me away sometimes, some of the things she says. This is a relief because her brother couldn't talk until after his second birthday. Honestly, they are on the same verbal level now. But I am really glad to know that she won't need therapy or the special help that our son has needed. We are trying potty training. The girl takes off her diaper, poops while standing next to her bed, then comes and gets me and says "I pooped on the floor in my bedroom!" I said "Why did you take your diaper off?" She says "I don't like poop in ma diapee!" grrrrrrr so we decided that she is ready! She doesn't want to stop what she is doing in order to take the time out to go sit on the potty, though, that is our biggest problem. Apparently it is more convenient for her to take her clothes and diaper off, and go behind furniture to poop there.

And then an update on me. I did finish my half marathon last fall, with a much better time than I had anticipated that I could do! I'm running another one exactly a month from now, and I'm going to try a full marathon in the fall. I decided to go back to school to pursue an RN so that I can be a lactation consultant in hospitals. I love being a stay at home mom, but I think I'm kind of done now, ready to go back to work. Classes start for me at the end of May.

And, here's a picture!

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search