Terrible Two's?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By who_it_is

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 29th, 2012, 10:33 AM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have the "terrible two's" managed to arrive at your house yet? If they have, how are you managing them?

They haven't officially made their way to our house, at least not in the traditional sort of way. Noelle has her moments where you can see that she is trying to test the boundaries of things. She will on occasion, screech at the top of her lungs at you if you have done something she isn't fond of. She knows that the consequence for this is a trip to "time out". (We have a series of black stone tiles in our entry way about 3x5 foot that is right off the kitchen that is "time out".) So she will screech, look at you like she lost her favorite stuffy and say "me time out". She will walk herself over to the tiles and sit. We generally only have her sit for a count to 5, so she will also count herself... 2-9-7-4 me done! It is the funniest thing!
~MamaTutu~ likes this.

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
May 29th, 2012, 10:55 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
awww cute....Sam has his moments, he is still easily distracted and redirected though, he isn't nearly as persistent as my dd was, he seems easier (for now!) I usually only have to give a stern voice and he will give me a look and move on to something else. I am sure it will get harder and honestly in my experience 3 was like 1000x worse than 2, so for now I am just enjoying his lack of temper tantrums and testing limits because I know sooner or later they will be coming haha
May 29th, 2012, 11:06 AM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
Yes, without a doubt. He does not listen at all. He is defiant and definitely a boundary tester. He throws a tantrum every single time we are in a store. We call him a little monster now. I was happy to drop him off at daycare this morning after he slapped me 3 times on the way out the door because he didn't want to go.

May 29th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Um, yes. He is much worse than Leah was at this age. Lots of tantrums every day and he is testing all the boundaries. But even with all the meltdowns, he's better than his first two years when we were trying to figure out his diet and he was most likely in a lot of pain. So I'll take it. Plus, like Kim said, 3 was much worse than 2 with Leah. I'm going to assume it will be the same with James.
May 29th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm with Kim. We certainly have our moments but she is no Oscar so it seems like a walk in the park. Lisa, your time out story is adorable and inspiring. Holly certainly likes to test out the screech and we need to crack down on it.

We nearly had a huge tantrum in the bookstore today but I ultimately decided to buy Holly the bear she wouldn't let go of. What? I had a gift card! It's ok to spoil them sometimes, right???

May 30th, 2012, 08:54 AM
ChoMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Alicia is pretty good as far as tantrums go, she has one but can be redirected in about 2 seconds, so its not so bad I guess. She does test her boundaries quiet often but if I tell her not to do something in my serious voice she will move on to something else. We dont have a time out chair, I should get one

I love how cute little Noelle is!

May 31st, 2012, 08:24 AM
Charlie2Kairi's Avatar Chris' Kitty Cat =^.^=
Send a message via ICQ to Charlie2Kairi Send a message via Yahoo to Charlie2Kairi
Christopher actually isn't too bad. He is catching onto stuff quickly though so when he gets into trouble he's a devious little one, he like to push mama hehe. Between him and his 4 yr old brother this mama is tired out!

A smile suits you best.(CCS)
May 31st, 2012, 10:37 AM
RuPaul-O-Saurus's Avatar Super Mommy
Yep! Daphne had a total melt down in Toys R Us the other day. Patrick had to take her outside for a little time out so that she would chill out and stop throwing fits over not being able to sit in the power wheels for hours on end. =\ For the most part she's a good kid, but when she's got her mind set on something and she can't do it, my little devil child comes out. It's exhausting!

Kelly, you are amazing and I love you! Thank you for the awesomely cute siggy!
June 25th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
Heck ya,they have hit just in time for her 2nd birthday.She is in everything,climbs,and takes her diaper off.She yells in the car,hits Ariea in the head while in the shopping cart and drives me nuts.But I love her,she's all attitude!!!

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

July 3rd, 2012, 06:44 PM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Um, yes, we are full-throttle terrible twos here. Tantrums every day, almost constantly. If I don't help her calm down immediately, it gets horrible. It's been really hard. She really doesn't talk much or try to talk so she just sits there in extreme frustration. Like, if the food does not go on her spoon or fork the way she wants it to, she will yell and whine and throw the food off the spoon or throw her bowl too. She is so particular about everything, so sensitive to the smallest change. I feel bad most days because I feel like I am constantly disciplining her. Sometimes I can't get to her right away when she throws her tantrum because I am either holding/nursing/changing her sister, and it just makes it rough to get through. I am ready for age 3, I am soooo ready for her to talk.
July 3rd, 2012, 08:44 PM
kellysensei's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Gabriel doesn't throw a lot of tantrums, but he can be pretty naughty some days. Mostly, it's throwing stuff. He throws toys down the stairs, off the couch, and off the deck constantly. It's so frustrating. He also will go limp when I try to pick him up to bring him to his room for a diaper change, though thankfully he's not kicking me during diaper changes so much anymore. What's most frustrating for me is his lack of ability to talk (we think he has apraxia). I just don't know what he wants sometimes.

Evan James (2/18/12) and Gabriel Anthony (6/5/10)

July 4th, 2012, 04:24 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
TODAY! This post is perfect for the past 24 hours. she's driven me nuts. I even called my mom at around bedtime and asked her if she'd take her for a couple hours tomorrow!

July 19th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Oh yes, they have definitely hit here! We can't go anywhere without at least a minor meltdown. She still isn't talking much - at least anything we can understand, so that only adds to her frustration. She's definitely pushing all her boundaries in the house too, getting into things she never used to mess with. Some nights aren't bad, but others, I have to basically lock every room upstairs to keep her from getting into stuff. Oh and she locked me out of the house yesterday, so yeah, I think the terrible 2's have hit!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search