Night/Nap training?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2012, 09:06 AM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How'd you do it? Connor pees so much at night and I have no idea where to start. He's doing great during the daytime! I'm most concerned with naptime since he needs to be trained in time for preschool, but I'm assuming that naps and nighttime kind of go together????

Any tips/advise?

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

June 20th, 2012, 09:21 AM
peace.love.audrey's Avatar Twins? Pinch me!
Honestly for Audrey, it just happened. I think its a natural progression. She was day trained for 6 months and then we just noticed she was waking up dry and then groomed it once it started happening more nights than not. So like we limit liquids for 2 hours prior to bed time, make her pee a couple times, talked about being a big girl and keeping her big girl bed dry. I'm not sure if im much help because I didnt expect to try working with her til she was 3.

Hope other moms have better suggestions. Good Luck!

8.27.10 1.30.11 3.18.13
Don't believe in God? You're not alone!
June 20th, 2012, 09:42 AM
taterm's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't do anything special either. When I started noticing that Bella would wake up dry almost every time that is when I started putting her in panties at night.

I do limit how much she drinks before bed though and potty right before she gets into bed.

*Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!
June 20th, 2012, 10:06 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have no plan to make an effort to night train her. My only plan is to just keep her in pull-ups at night until she starts consistently waking up dry. She does occasionally wake up dry, but not all the time. But...I don't have a timeline for when she has to be trained for naps or anything like that.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

June 20th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
At daycare they take him before and after he naps. I do the same at home for naps and for bedtime. A lot of people swear by limited their liquids before bed and I've seen some success stories too but I haven't had to do this with Dashaun.

June 20th, 2012, 10:49 AM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dakota goes before bed time. She drinks 8oz milk, may pee again, then bed. She wakes up dry every morning. We didn't do anything either.

07/2007 03/2011 01/2012
June 20th, 2012, 01:05 PM
caring21's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to caring21
It just happened with William also. About 2 weeks ago I decided enough with the pull-ups and put him in undies. He did really well I can count on one had the times he peed his pants since then, and it all came together, he stopped peeing at night and he was already staying dry during naps. So I think it all comes together. I put william in pull-ups for about 2 whole months before I did the panties so I think you should just give yourself sometimes and it will happen. I don't limit liquids either. I do make him go to the bathroom before bed, and sometimes he wakes up in the night to use the washroom and sometimes he sleeps all night and goes once he's awake.

Lindsay & Pascal proud parents to William

June 20th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Mom2M&S's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't do anything special with Savannah either, I just think when they are ready...they are ready. I don't limit drinks at night and she will still nurse randomly at night but I do try and make sure that she goes potty before bed.

June 20th, 2012, 07:14 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Same boat here. We didn't do anything special and we don't limit drinks. She was just waking up dry every morning... sometimes she will wake up in the night and ask to go potty, but its been all on her own. I wouldn't push night time stuff just b/c bedwetting can be hereditary ... btu for nap time, I think if they are otherwise potty trained and used to holding it for a couple hours anyway - if you take them right before nap time, they should be fine.

June 20th, 2012, 07:46 PM
RobinJS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Honestly, I feel that you just have to wait for his bladder to mature enough for night training. Nap time may be handled with pee breaks before and after and limiting liquids but night time is altogether different imho. I think that the only way to successfully night train is to start after you notice dry diapers in the mornings. While Eli's diapers are not completely dry in the morning, they are only lightly peed now and he wets a HUGE diaper about 15 minutes after he gets up every morning so I know he's getting there. I think that night training before they're ready can really affect a child's confidence and make them really tired the next day because you'll be dealing with accidents during the night. I'd wait if I were you.

Eli Gunnar 1.11.10

June 20th, 2012, 11:01 PM
peace.love.audrey's Avatar Twins? Pinch me!
I think we chose to limit liquids because she is a ferocious drinker. We calculated it and she drinks up to 80 oz a day...mostly water and 16 oz is almond milk. For some reason I can't get over my fear that she will hold her pee and her poor bladder will get over extended. She pees a pretty large amount every 2 hours and when she sleeps for 10, it just freaks me out. Call me paranoid. Lol.

8.27.10 1.30.11 3.18.13
Don't believe in God? You're not alone!
June 21st, 2012, 07:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by peace.love.audrey View Post
I think we chose to limit liquids because she is a ferocious drinker. We calculated it and she drinks up to 80 oz a day...mostly water and 16 oz is almond milk.
Wow she's a little drinker lol. I completely understand limiting her fluids. Dashaun is a slow drinker like me. A cup can last him hours unless he is really thirsty or hot.

June 21st, 2012, 09:20 AM
fka lmsan
I was going to post on this too. Darius has been trained for 6 months too but still is very wet in the morning (I think he goes as soon as he wakes up). He's shown some resistance to the night time pull up, but never wakes on his own to go.

I haven't been concerned or pushed it since he's still young, but I was wondering if anyone had actually done training for night time. I guess at some point if he doesn't do it on his own we could wake him during the night to go, but it would be awesome to avoid that.

Big Brother Darius excited for the arrival of
Marcus and Sophie
June 21st, 2012, 09:41 AM
Heaven's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It kinda just "clicked" for J too...although she has had two accidents already so some nights if I feel like she drank too much and won't pee...i'll put her in pull-ups.

I think a lot of it was just positive reinforcement...encouraging her/him when she wakes up dry and emphasizing that she/he is a big girl/boy. Don't push it though...it will happen.
June 21st, 2012, 12:34 PM
megpie
I think when it comes to this kind of stuff, it's out of your control. For some kids it can take years. You can't push it.
June 22nd, 2012, 08:54 AM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I guess I will give him a few more weeks and see what happens. I really don't care too much about night time training, it's just he needs to be nap trained to go to preschool.....and it's getting closer and closer. He likes to lay in his bed a while after he wakes up, so maybe he pees then I might try getting him up from his nap right away and sees if he's dry.

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search