something new

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 21st, 2012, 06:53 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What's something new that's going on in your life or with your family? Just share something not super significant that wouldn't warrant its own post!

June 21st, 2012, 07:24 PM
Nicole1110's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My dad is having knee replacement surgery on Monday! Four weeks later he goes back to have his other knee replaced. I am SO excited for him! He's been dealing with such horrible knee pain for so many years and having new knees is going to completely change his life! Of course it is major surgery and he is 62 so I'm a little worried.

Major
June 21st, 2012, 08:17 PM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
Addison is almost potty trained! We stil use diapers at night and half the time she is waking up dry. Sometimes we use them if we leave the house and she stays dry everytime..but she doesn't like public restrooms so it's a little nerve racking to leave the house still..yesterday we were gone for 3 hours and she wouldn't use a public bathroom and as soon as we walked through the front door she peed before she could use the toilet but that has been her only daytime accident so far!
June 21st, 2012, 08:18 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My MIL had her knees replaced a couple years ago and she was 60. She did them both at the same time b/c it was the end of the year and she didn't want to pay her deductible twice... we all thought she was crazy for doing them at the same time, but she also figured if it was really bad she might not want to go through the surgery again to do the other one, lol. Anyway she had a really great recovery and was up doing stuff in no time, so hopefully everything will go smoothly for your dad as well and it'll really improve the quality of his life!

We just put my dog on medication for epilepsy. It makes him super hungry and he has gained a whole pound in like a month which is a lot since he was only 6 pounds to start with.

June 21st, 2012, 08:39 PM
taterm's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My mom had double knee replacement surgery 2 years ago this October. Her doctor advised a double b/c he knew it was going to be horrible and she wouldn't want to go back for the next one. It was very accurate.
She has had a rough recovery, but her knees don't hurt as bad as they did before her surgery.

Bella has transitioned to her toddler bed almost seamlessly! The first night was rough, but she is doing great now! She is even taking naps in it when she wouldn't take a nap in her crib.

*Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!
June 21st, 2012, 09:20 PM
megpie
The day after I posted the thread asking if you all were on the bone marrow registry, I found out my cousin was diagnosed with T-cell Leukemia.
June 21st, 2012, 11:01 PM
peace.love.audrey's Avatar Twins? Pinch me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by megpie View Post
The day after I posted the thread asking if you all were on the bone marrow registry, I found out my cousin was diagnosed with T-cell Leukemia.
Thats crazy! My dad has T-Cell Lymphoma which is pretty much the same as T-Cell Leukemia. How old is this cousin? What was going on with him/her to make them test?

AFM, nothing really new is going on.....life is crazy as usual. I think after I graduate, I will start writing that autobiography everyone keeps telling me to publish. Lol.

8.27.10 1.30.11 3.18.13
Don't believe in God? You're not alone!
June 21st, 2012, 11:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sry to hear about your dog Shannon. Well eventually have to put buddy on meds for his seizures. He has a liver shunt. He is on perscription diet which seems to help.

Blair turns 7 soon. I'm in denial. I miss her being a baby.

June 22nd, 2012, 12:40 AM
Koti's Avatar Nugget's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Koti Send a message via Yahoo to Koti
My lease is almost up so I need to decide to stay or go....I want to stay because it's cheap but I'm so over having an upstairs. Also thought I was going to go bigger but I dunno, plans aren't panning out.
June 22nd, 2012, 01:09 AM
*Izzy's*Mommy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My mom is in the process of having her knee replacement surgery booked. She's 60, and has been dealing with the pain for a long time. I'm glad to read that others have had so much success! Her mom needed it done too, so I'm hoping I won't be next in line when I'm that age...

As far as us, we're in a new house now, so unpacking is a pain. The upside is that we live 5 mins from the beach. We're really enjoying it!

June 22nd, 2012, 06:39 AM
MominNOVA's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, I had cataract surgery on both eyes this month. (My vision got so bad very quickly. I couldn't tell whether traffic lights were red or green. ) The good news is that I can see better than I have in years and don't need to wear glasses any more.

Oh....we got our Lab puppy. He's adorable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRMnE...ature=youtu.be

June 22nd, 2012, 08:26 AM
RobinJS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Daryn's softball team is going to the provincials! We're pretty excited for her because we come from a small town and it's not often that our town has a good enough team to get there.

Eli Gunnar 1.11.10

June 22nd, 2012, 08:42 AM
megpie
Quote:
Originally Posted by peace.love.audrey View Post
Thats crazy! My dad has T-Cell Lymphoma which is pretty much the same as T-Cell Leukemia. How old is this cousin? What was going on with him/her to make them test?

AFM, nothing really new is going on.....life is crazy as usual. I think after I graduate, I will start writing that autobiography everyone keeps telling me to publish. Lol.
He's 48....had the flu and it wasn't getting better....hospitalized....sent him home, got a 103 fever, back to the hospital...his body would not fight that fever at all.....it got bad and fast. I guess the average lifespan after Dx is only 7.5 months.
June 22nd, 2012, 09:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Dashaun has become so affectionate. He wants to give lots of hugs and kisses. I love it. He must know that I need them lol.

June 22nd, 2012, 10:10 AM
Heaven's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had laser eye surgery done! Lovinggggggg it
June 22nd, 2012, 10:14 AM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We're remodeling our bathroom completely in 3 weeks. I can't wait for a tub I can actually take a bath in!

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

June 22nd, 2012, 08:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We're mostly getting ready for vacation next week. Heading up to NJ/NYC to visit hubby's family.

I'm going to stalk Stan Lee at a comic book convention in the morning.

June 25th, 2012, 08:06 AM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Rylan started speech 2x a week again, and now has behavior therapy 1x a week

07/2007 03/2011 01/2012
June 25th, 2012, 08:25 AM
RachaelDMommaTo3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachaelDMommaTo3 Send a message via Yahoo to RachaelDMommaTo3
DH applied for a job in Washington DC... if he gets it he would be working finanace/budget IN the White House!! We won't know anything for a few months.. but I'm really hoping he gets it! If so, we would be moving there by Sept 2013!
gina! likes this.

June 25th, 2012, 12:36 PM
alleusion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have the opportunity for my diapers to be in a local shop.
Nicole1110 likes this.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for the gorgeous sig

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search