Did you all see this?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By RobinJS

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 21st, 2012, 08:33 PM
Nicole1110's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Did you guys see this video of a 68 year old bus monitor being berated, insulted and brought to tears by children on the school bus? I'm totally disgusted. What would you do if you found out your child did this?

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Major

Last edited by Nicole1110; June 21st, 2012 at 08:35 PM.
June 21st, 2012, 08:44 PM
morgankaedenmadisonsmommy's Avatar Beyond Blessed
Oh my goodness! If my child did something like that I would be crushed to think I was raising someone to think that kind of behavior was ok. That video broke my heart for that poor lady.

June 21st, 2012, 09:46 PM
RobinJS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I saw this too and I was disgusted. If my child did this I would make them complete at least 100 hours of community service, write an apology letter to the newspaper and stand up in front of their entire school to apologize to the woman at a school assembly with a prepare speech which has been pre-approved by me to be thorough enough.

Eli Gunnar 1.11.10

June 22nd, 2012, 08:23 AM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't watch but hear about it everywhere I go. I'm really sensitive to Being cruel to elderly people. I did hear the clip about the kids saying to her how she's so awful everyone around her wants to die and that's why her son killed himself.

Last I heard her "vacation fund" was up to like $400k. That helps restore my faith in humanity a little.

I can't even think of a severe enough punishment for my kid if he or she participated in this. There would be no end in sight.

June 22nd, 2012, 08:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCoconut View Post
I can't even think of a severe enough punishment for my kid if he or she participated in this. There would be no end in sight.
This!!

I think I would be disappointed in myself as a parent too.

June 22nd, 2012, 07:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
They had one of the kids on GMA, I think the one that recorded the video. He said they basically did it to get attention online. Be careful what you wish for! The kids have been getting death threats, and their families are worried. I guess they'll think twice about bullying anyone again.

June 22nd, 2012, 08:02 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aynber View Post
They had one of the kids on GMA, I think the one that recorded the video. He said they basically did it to get attention online. Be careful what you wish for! The kids have been getting death threats, and their families are worried. I guess they'll think twice about bullying anyone again.

I didn't see this... but first off, if I were an evil little brat making old ladies cry I would for sure lie and say we did it to get online. secondly, shame on GMA for giving this kid air time, and what the hell are the kid's parents thinking letting him go on there... he should be at home grounded, and if their families are so worried they wouldn't be looking for 15 minutes of fame by letting their kid go on GMA.

June 22nd, 2012, 08:38 PM
RobinJS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCoconut View Post
I didn't see this... but first off, if I were an evil little brat making old ladies cry I would for sure lie and say we did it to get online. secondly, shame on GMA for giving this kid air time, and what the hell are the kid's parents thinking letting him go on there... he should be at home grounded, and if their families are so worried they wouldn't be looking for 15 minutes of fame by letting their kid go on GMA.
Well first of all I think we know why the kid's such a piece of ****. I deal with kids who really screw up now and then through work and 9 times out of 10 the parents are making excuses for them or denying their child has done anything wrong even when I prove to them that their kid has done something wrong and the police have criminal charges against them. It truly is a parent problem in most cases.
lhug_nar and *Izzy's*Mommy* like this.

Eli Gunnar 1.11.10

June 22nd, 2012, 08:45 PM
Nicole1110's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's just unfathomable to me. I could never talk to an old lady like that. She's someones mom and grandma. Imagine if you found out your grandma had been treated that way. Ugh. It just makes me sick. And not one student or the bus driver dis anything to help or try to shut the kids up.

Major
June 23rd, 2012, 04:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
If it was my kid, I'd make him go on national tv and apologize. And make sure he was genuine about it. And that would be after apologizing to her in person. On top of all of the other punishments.

June 23rd, 2012, 06:01 AM
gina!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't bring myself to watch it.
We talk to our boys All The Time about bullying and what to do if someone else is being bullied. I would be crushed if I heard they did something like that.
June 23rd, 2012, 09:08 AM
imAGine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't watch it. If one of my kids did something like that I would feel like a massive failure as a parent. DH and I are raising our kids to be respectful and to treat others the way they would want to be treated. I've heard they said some pretty horrible things, I wouldn't even want to look at my kid if they had done this. There would be no punishment that could even make up for it, but a sincere apology to the lady in person and not on some tv show would be a start.
June 23rd, 2012, 09:37 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Her fund is up to over $600,000!!! Amazing.

Children like those are a part of the reason I took my kids out of public school. I was actually talking to one of our school's substitute teachers and she was telling me about how a certain group of girls who are in Clare's grade are really starting to get out of control. She said they are just mean and nasty to the other kids and make fun of people, etc. She didn't name names, but I knew EXACTLY who she was talking about because Clare used to tell me stories about these girls being mean to a girl with special needs at school, among other things. I don't want her learning to treat people like that.

I think part of the problem is - and since I know these girls and their parents - I really think these girls act like little angles in front of their parents. So, for the parents to think that their children could be little b!tches; they couldn't even imagine the possibility since they probably haven't witnessed the behavior themselves. I hope that made sense.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
June 23rd, 2012, 09:33 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
If my kids ever did something like that, I'd kick their rear-ends from here until they couldn't sit anymore! There would be no end in sight to their punishment for this crap! Like others have said, I really believe that this is a parent issue where they are not aware of what their kids are really doing.

That being said, I can see my adopted 12-year-old brother doing something like this because he's that kind of a kid. I mean he degraded and put down my kids while he was here a couple weeks ago, which I put an end to mighty quick. He even thought he was going to tell me that he was going to beat me to a bloody pulp! I told him that he better make it good because I would put his butt in the ground if he tried! My dad has no clue what he's really like... He didn't know Anthony does half the crap he does! I told my dad that my adopted brother is NOT welcome here any more and if he was my kid, I'd be sending him to a Boot Camp program where someone bigger and badder would knock him down to nothing. Anthony, like the kids that harrassed that poor woman, are really parent issues and parents not being parents... IMO.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search