Btdt mamas, i need jealousy help

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 22nd, 2012, 05:24 AM
Amazona's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We've been home since Tue at noon.
Max received us and the baby SUPER excited and warm. He was sweet and happy (a little nervous too because of his weird laughter).

Since then, we do our best to not spend time w/baby both of us at the same time. We always try to have one paying attention to each child.
But jealousy is creeping in and he is becoming a whining monster!

Any tips? Advice? Anything to help me get through this stage?

Thanks!!

June 22nd, 2012, 06:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
for us, it was just something he had to get over with time. I tried to make it a point to spend extra time just one on one with Trey, but it didnt make him any less whiney or jealous...because he was used to being the center of our world, so any amount of time we spend with another baby wasnt making him happy. But, he eventually just got over it. And after a little while, having a baby around was just the norm for him. I dont think he even remembers a time without Olivia.

He does still get jealous sometimes...he'll tell me to "put sissy in swing" or he'll go to her jumperoo and say "sissy wants to play" & to be honest, I usually do it, to appease him. He also still has very little patience for waiting, if it means i'm doing something for the baby instead of for him. For example, if he wants something to drink and i'm nursing.

Now that she's older and can sit up on her own, he's really starting to enjoy her. He loves to make her laugh & play peek-a-boo with her...and she's just started taking baths with him, so he REALLY gets a kick out of that. I was emotional and exhausted the first 8 weeks or so...but it DID get better.
June 22nd, 2012, 09:04 AM
megpie
Ava had TONS of jealousy of Lucas when he was a newborn. There was never any jealousy when Jude arrived though. Ava was only 19 months at the time and very verbal. She even said one morning, "He's still here?" I had to put in the extra effort with her to give her one-on-one attention. She would act out the MOST when I was BFing Lucas. My mom even came over for 4hrs in the morning every day for a week and would take Ava on walks, to the park, swimming etc. I tried to do special things with her and give her my attention when Lucas was sleeping. I got her a doll w/ a diaper, wipe case, etc so she could mimic what I was doing. I let her help me bathe, change lucas etc. I also got a basket of toys that I ONLY got out for Ava when I was BFing. That was such a rough time. YOu've rocked his world bringing another baby home. It only lasted about 6 weeks, but I remembering wanting to jump out the window and just keep on running. I LIVED for nap time and got them both napping at the same time. That was my ONLY sane time the entire day.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search