Baby Scrapes

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mommydiva

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 2nd, 2012, 05:31 AM
Celine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Has you LO fallen and scraped open their legs/arms/anywhere? Do you pick up and cuddle/band aid/treats? Do you carry band aids and other 1st aid stuff for just in case?

Sophia has had her occasional falls always on hard surface of course. Yesterday she scraped open her knee and there was blood. I felt kind of sick seeing it. My poor baby! But I didn't cuddle her since DH did. And we didn't have a bandaid b/c we were out and I am not that prepared. She is pretty tough and will pick herself up especially if there are other kids around. She doesn't want them to see her cry I think.
July 2nd, 2012, 05:33 AM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
I always pick him up and cuddle him as well, fortuantely we haven't had that many scrapes yet. I definitely do not carry band aids, I really should though.

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
July 2nd, 2012, 06:51 AM
noworries
I have learned to carry band aids. I've had too many instances where Eva has hurt herself and needed a band aid and I didn't have any. So far, I've never needed one for Isaac though. He usually just bonks his head or something and a quick cuddle and kiss usually fixes it.
July 2nd, 2012, 07:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
if i picked audie up every time she feel running around outside/ inside i would be holding her alot! lol. i pick her up if she dose the omg mom im realy realy hurt screem, any mom could tell bye the cry somethings rong with her. but if its just i fell and have a tiny cut i cry for 1min then its over i dont. i carry bandaids the relay big ones just incase. i have to use them once and awhile none latly thow ( i just jinxed myself)

thank you shortcake for my lovely siggy

July 2nd, 2012, 07:58 AM
Calendula's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We wait and see her reaction before rushing in to scoop her up. She just shrugs off most stumbles or bumps. So far, knock on wood, she's scraped her palms once but not her knees or elbows. I do carry a little first aid kit with a few band-aids, sterile wipes and antibiotic cream. We don't giver her treats to cheer her up or settle her down, though.

July 2nd, 2012, 02:58 PM
mommydiva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For the most part she shrugs it off. I found if we react she cries and if we don't "notice" she shrugs it off and is on her way. Big owies we cuddle. So far no need for band aids. I probably should buy some though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
i:heart:you likes this.

July 6th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We try to wait to see if there are tears too, but tears are usually immediate so I give lots of boo-boo kisses and cuddles. Her diaper bag does have a first-aid kit. I'm a "freaker-outter" when there's lots of blood- the first instance that comes to mind is my older daughter tripping and hitting her forehead on a cabinet and blood streaming down her face from a tiny wound! My DH and I patched her up and then showed her our childhood scars from tripping into table corners too.

July 6th, 2012, 07:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Maggie trips and falls and scrapes her legs up almost daily.

Nothing major. I've only ever used one band aid on her. Generally, she barely even notices it til it's already scabbing up. The ones that actually don't hurt her much are the ones she dramatizes for effect. The scabs get a sad face and fingers pointing to them crying "mommy owwwwiie" with full crocodile tears for the best effect.

I don't carry them with me. I guess I maybe should though. My cupboard at home is pretty well stocked with all kinds of stuff, but this one's pretty clumsy!

Check out my BLOGS
Making Lemonade
MonkeyPieForTheWin

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search