Gabriel has not gained any weight since 18mos...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ~I ♥ my Munchkin~

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2012, 11:49 AM
~I ♥ my Munchkin~'s Avatar ~Gabriel's Mommy~
Gabriel still weighs about 28 lbs, which is what he weighed at 18 mos (I'm not sure of his height now, but at 18 mos he was already 3 feet tall).

My question is...is it normal for them to slow down? He's never been much of a chunky monkey except for the few months after he was born. He's always been kinda small weight-wise, but his height has stayed above the norm.

I am not OVERLY concerned, and he will go back to his DR at 2, but I still would like to know if it's fairly normal for their growth to slow around this age? His daddy sometimes thinks we should get some pedia-sure since he sometimes doesn't have much of an appetite during one of his meals (he eats 3 meals a day & snacks).

He's very rarely sick or anything & is VERY active, so it's just a matter of wondering.

OH, and the other day we were shopping at Wal Mart and I looked at him and he had this HUGE, purple, goose egg on his forehead but he NEVER cried about it & he usually screams when he hits his head like that. We are still stunned as to why he did not even whimper when he hit his head...any ideas what that was about??! It kind of freaked both his daddy and me out that he didn't cry or otherwise let us know he hit his head. I felt awful he had done this and we did not know, and we don't even know how he did it!!

Anyhow, TIA for any words of wisdom!!

~Thanks AlexKatieAiden Mommy for my awesome siggy~
July 23rd, 2012, 01:34 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
I think it would be normal especially since they are at the picky stage. Man Megan is a chunk compared to Gabriel lol. She is at 34lbs but has only gained like a lb since 18 months.

July 23rd, 2012, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeggysMommy View Post
I think it would be normal especially since they are at the picky stage. Man Megan is a chunk compared to Gabriel lol. She is at 34lbs but has only gained like a lb since 18 months.
LOL, Cay, you'd think he'd be a chunk since he weighed 9.2 at birth, but the chunk never stayed. It helps that Megan hasn't gained much since 18 mos, either.

I'm sure he's fine, but I guess I'm a worrier.
MeggysMommy likes this.

July 23rd, 2012, 09:05 PM
Lala78's Avatar Super Mommy
Ripley is just 21 lbs and she was bout a pound less at 18 months. She hasn't outgrown clothes in a while either. I'd be more concerned with the knock on the noggin, but I'm a worry wart. Before Easter she got a huge gash in her cheek and her daycare (my food friend) said she didn't cry or anything so she had no idea how it happened. She still has a scar across her cheek . He probably whacked it then got distracted by something else.

[url=http://lilypie.com]
July 24th, 2012, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala78 View Post
Ripley is just 21 lbs and she was bout a pound less at 18 months. She hasn't outgrown clothes in a while either. I'd be more concerned with the knock on the noggin, but I'm a worry wart. Before Easter she got a huge gash in her cheek and her daycare (my food friend) said she didn't cry or anything so she had no idea how it happened. She still has a scar across her cheek . He probably whacked it then got distracted by something else.
Yes, we worry too about his head. We've called 911 & had an ambulance sent about two times because of him falling on his head & he's been to the ER once for it!! And we've called our nurse helpline just as many because of the same thing. Of course he's been fine every time, but I have done my fair share of freaking out & screaming (yes, I know, not the best way to react LOL). His nickname is Danger, Danger because he is just dangerous!! He is a huge source of worry for both his daddy and me...I will be completely grey or bald by the time he's older.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search