What is the weather like where you live?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ~I ♥ my Munchkin~
  • 1 Post By MeggysMommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 4th, 2012, 07:42 AM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
So since our high temp is suppose to be 100 degrees and the fact it took all summer to reach that I'm wondering how it stacks up to where you live

August 4th, 2012, 08:23 AM
~I ♥ my Munchkin~'s Avatar ~Gabriel's Mommy~
Hot, humid, and miserable. High 90s w/ a heat index close to 100 probably.

And this next week we are looking at a possible hurricane to make its way into the Gulf of Mexico & have to see where it's going to go (I hope it doesn't come here!).

So yeah, pretty yuck here right now.

~Thanks AlexKatieAiden Mommy for my awesome siggy~
August 4th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Usually over 100 right now but this summer has been weird. It has been like in the 90s and then we have a storm come and it is humid for a few days. Usually summers are super hot and dry! Winters here are full of snow and cold though...

Thanks Chelsea (Graysmama) for my awesome siggie!
August 4th, 2012, 07:07 PM
I guess it got to 102 here today. I'm way too uncomfortable to stay in the house with no a/c but I'm not gonna walk anywhere. Catch -22 I guess.

August 5th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeggysMommy View Post
I guess it got to 102 here today. I'm way too uncomfortable to stay in the house with no a/c but I'm not gonna walk anywhere. Catch -22 I guess.
NO A/C?!! NO WAY! We have ours on 70 constantly. I couldn't live without an air conditioning.
MeggysMommy likes this.

August 5th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~I ♥ my Munchkin~ View Post
NO A/C?!! NO WAY! We have ours on 70 constantly. I couldn't live without an air conditioning.
Yes the one draw back of living in a place that only sees hot weather like a week out of the year. We have one of those in window a/c but I didn't have David put it up this year or last year.

August 5th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Well, down here AC is kind of a must, whether it's window units or central units. Summers are ALWAYS hot. We have like maybe one week of spring like weather and then BAM it's hot LOL!! Seeing high 90s is the norm around here during the Summer with heat indexes near or above 100. It doesn't start to cool down until mid to late September.

Last year our Winter was weak and it was muggy and warm most of it. I LOVE the winter time, but when it's actually COLD haha! I especially love it when it snows (which is VERY rare).

August 5th, 2012, 10:15 PM
That was like when I lived in Vegas. Before I moved here I didn't know a/c wasn't in every home.

August 7th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~I ♥ my Munchkin~ View Post
Summers are ALWAYS hot. We have like maybe one week of spring like weather and then BAM it's hot LOL!!
I agree, here in NE AR its just the same. Our weather has been really hot and muggy the last 2 weeks. Extremely muggy with temps up to 115(not in my town but close) and heat indexes of 120+. This week is better its still in the 90's but with heat indexes of 99-105. We are actually not under heat advisory today for the first time in I don't know how many days.

I realized not everyone had/used a/c when I was growing up, but I also figured that by now most houses had a/c. Imagine my suprise when I went to Minnesota to my in-laws and they didn't have a/c or have provided 1 for us.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search