How to Invite Only Adults for Your Wedding Reception?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 9th, 2012, 12:18 AM
You may be interested in holding a wedding reception for adults only and get ready to show off your sexy reception dress. However, here is the problem, is it rude to ask the parents to attend your reception leaving the children behind with a babysitter? What is the best way to let them know your idea for the adult reception?
August 9th, 2012, 10:35 PM
mommydiva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well inviting would be addressed to mr and mrs. Or mr and guest. Generally unless it says and family then kids are not invited. With that I woud put on the RSVP card that it's an adult only wedding. Me its your wedding so if you don't want kids then do be it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

August 10th, 2012, 05:40 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
unless a wedding invite specifically had my chidlrens names on it, or said "and family" i would assume that they were not invited

August 10th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Lots of people have adult only receptions. I would specifically say it somewhere on the invite or else some people may show up with kids anyway. Even letting them know sometimes people still bring their kids.

Thanks MamaLacey for the awesome PR siggie

August 11th, 2012, 10:46 AM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
Agree, I would let them know by putting in on the invite.

BTW, welcome to the board! I noticed both of your posts have been wedding related, are you getting married soon? Do you have a LO born in July or August 201? Tell us about yourself.

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search