When will you allow caffeine?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2012, 09:35 AM
sfarrow3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
At what age will caffeine be a non-issue? Like when will your LO be allowed to have a soda/tea/coffee and you won't care that they're getting the caffeine. 2? 8? 20?

August 16th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
well when they are 18 they can do what they want so i guess 18 LOL I will allow them to have some pop with caffeine before that but it will be limited

August 16th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Maggie already gets sips of soda, or my tea every once in a while. She doesn't get a steady diet of it or anything, but I figure a sip here and there isn't going to kill her.

I don't think I've thought about it in terms of "this is how old she can be when she gets anything". I'm still reading her signals and watching for what isn't unreasonable and what is appropriate every day.

Check out my BLOGS
Making Lemonade
MonkeyPieForTheWin

August 16th, 2012, 03:35 PM
noworries
I've let Isaac have sips of tea and my 4 year old drinks tea sometimes but I mostly use decaf tea. But, they have had caffeinated tea before. But that's it. I will go for as long as possible without giving them soda (thankfully my 4 year old doesn't like it), but I'm not gonna make it a fight once they do want soda. They will be able to have it on rare occasions if they want starting at about age 5 probably. Eva doesn't like it but Isaac has stolen sips of people's before and he does like it. Neither myself or DH are coffee drinkers so I assume they won't want coffee until later in life if at all.
August 17th, 2012, 07:22 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
They've been treated to small frozen cokes. But it's just that, a treat. Sugar and sweets are not common in our house

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
August 17th, 2012, 08:14 AM
krsnow's Avatar Super Mommy
Probably never with all the sleep problems I have had with Joey! Realistically, I think if he is at a bday party and all the other kids are drinking pop, then I would let him try a little. But I will try my best to restrict it and not have it in our house. I never let him take sips of my coffee or tea even if it is decaf, I just dont want to start the habit.

August 17th, 2012, 08:40 AM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
I still don't give it to my 8 year old regularly, she doesn't like soda but likes tea. She doesn't have it every day though.

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
August 17th, 2012, 11:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Maybe soda occasionally but we don't keep it in the house. don't plan on giving the kids coffee or tea. i suppose when they are teenagers and dad makes a starbucks run maybe then but i dont know we will see.

Thanks MamaLacey for the awesome PR siggie

August 18th, 2012, 01:04 PM
HeartHelloKitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ellie loves iced tea already and so she gets a sip or two whenever we drink it. I will probably try to avoid all soda except as a treat.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search