Question about age difference and also IUD

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 24th, 2012, 08:00 AM
anickel's Avatar Loves her little Liam
Hi!
So we are finally talking about having a 2nd child, and because of my work, I'd like a spring baby. So that means we either get pregnant NOW / within a few months, or wait until next year. So depending on how it works out, our kids would either be 3 or 4 years apart in age. Who here has had kids 3 or 4 years apart? Which age distance would you recommend?
Also, has anyone gotten pregnant after removing their IUD? Did it take you awhile or did/can it happen right away?
Thanks

August 24th, 2012, 09:43 AM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
I don't have answers for either of your questions, but I also have an IUD and will be TTC in the near future. So when you find out, let me know. lol

August 24th, 2012, 10:14 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't have answers either lol, never had an IUD and my kids are just over 2 yrs apart. I didn't really plan it that way, Sam kinda just happened lol but I have loved this age gap. They are close in age but not too close and they at this point play really well with each other. That being said, I only know this age gap so I don't have anything to compare to. I think that whatever happens there are pros and cons to it and it will all just fall into place, good luck!
August 25th, 2012, 05:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Get pregnant now!
Ours are 2 years 9 months apart and I love the gap. They are bffs. I feel that is ds was a year older he'd be less into his little sister. However, most people seem pretty happy with whatever age gap they have.
I think you can technically start ttc as soon as the iud is out, but that's just from what I've heard from others, I don't really know. Good luck!

August 29th, 2012, 10:37 AM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My older two are just under 4 years apart. When they were younger it was a good gap. Now that they are 14 and 10, it's getting a little sketchy - but they are a girl and a boy, so at this age, the gender has more to do with it than the age gap.

As for the IUD, my periods never really came back to normal after I had mine out, so it took us about 6 months of really trying to get Noelle. I think they told me to wait at least one full natural cycle to start.

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
September 2nd, 2012, 09:57 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
My largest span was 3 years, I thought it was perfect, then...now it has a couple disadvantages, but I really have liked the eldest two being 3 years apart.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search