Teeth brushing

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Irish_Wristwatch
  • 2 Post By sfarrow3
  • 2 Post By shockandawe
  • 1 Post By sfarrow3
  • 1 Post By Celine

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2012, 05:50 AM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
Does your LO let you brush their teeth?

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
September 20th, 2012, 06:14 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
Ross is pretty good about it now, for a while you would have thought someone was torturing him but now he doesnt mind
i:heart:you likes this.

September 20th, 2012, 06:32 AM
sfarrow3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She still has a problem with it. London tries so hard to do everything by herself its unreal.
shockandawe and i:heart:you like this.

September 20th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Maggie is still resisting it often, but I let her brush them first, and then I do it again to make sure they all get brushed, and that the toothpaste just hasn't been a great early morning treat.

This morning I finally told her that I have to do it too because if we don't brush them all, they'll fall out and we don't want that. LOL...I'm so going to be paying the piper for that in a few years when they really do fall out, but at this point, I'll deal with it when it happens too!
sfarrow3 and i:heart:you like this.

Check out my BLOGS
Making Lemonade
MonkeyPieForTheWin

September 20th, 2012, 06:48 AM
sfarrow3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockandawe View Post
Maggie is still resisting it often, but I let her brush them first, and then I do it again to make sure they all get brushed, and that the toothpaste just hasn't been a great early morning treat.

This morning I finally told her that I have to do it too because if we don't brush them all, they'll fall out and we don't want that. LOL...I'm so going to be paying the piper for that in a few years when they really do fall out, but at this point, I'll deal with it when it happens too!
This is so something I would tell the kiddies...lol...hey sometimes it helps in order to get the job DONE!
shockandawe likes this.

September 20th, 2012, 07:01 AM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I usually let him brush his own teeth, sometimes I will run over them quickly myself before he flips out at me.

September 20th, 2012, 07:11 AM
Celine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I brush them for her. If I wouldn't she would gnaw on the toothbrush and suck on the toothpaste and the toothbrush would look like a 20 year old toothbrush with bristles to the sides.

After I finish she can "brush" or gnaw on the toothbrush for a little but then I take it away b/c she kills the toothbrush really fast. I just went to the store and bought 3 packs of toothbrushes b/c she kills them so fast.
i:heart:you likes this.
September 20th, 2012, 07:21 AM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celine View Post
I brush them for her. If I wouldn't she would gnaw on the toothbrush and suck on the toothpaste and the toothbrush would look like a 20 year old toothbrush with bristles to the sides.

After I finish she can "brush" or gnaw on the toothbrush for a little but then I take it away b/c she kills the toothbrush really fast. I just went to the store and bought 3 packs of toothbrushes b/c she kills them so fast.
Tommy does the same thing, then when I try to do it, he freaks out! I don't want him get cavities, I have really soft teeth and get them easily, so does Lily. I hope he has teeth like his daddy, no cavities in 39 years...LOL

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
September 20th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
yes, she likes doing it but won't let me help.

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

September 20th, 2012, 07:03 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
Liam has gotten terrible
won't let us do it, maybe 1 out of 4 times we can count to ten and brush the teeth but thats about it
so frustrating
otherwise he does sit and gnaw on the toothbrush barely brushing at all

September 20th, 2012, 07:04 PM
mommydiva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She lives it now. But still only let's DH brush them. Me she fights

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

September 21st, 2012, 08:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
She insists on doing it, but I try to catch her off guard- like when she's fresh out of the tub and wrapped snugly in the towel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockandawe View Post

The Toothfairy won't pay for rotten teeth! Only top of the line Grade A teeth will do

September 21st, 2012, 11:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
audie trys to so i let he do it on her own for a few min then i do a once over to make sure it gets done good

thank you shortcake for my lovely siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search