What happens when they go to school?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Irish_Wristwatch

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2012, 05:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So I was thinking about this the other day because my neighbour is a SAHM with three boys, and her youngest has just started full time kindergarten. We were chatting and she mentioned he's having a bit of a tough time adjusting, but I never thought to ask her if she was going to start looking for work now outside the home.

I can't believe our little ones are getting old enough to start having these kinds of discussions, but have you SAHM thought about what you will do when all your kids are in school?

Are you going to homeschool?
Will you continue to stay at home?
Will you look for work outside the home?
What kind of work will you look for?

Check out my BLOGS
Making Lemonade
MonkeyPieForTheWin

September 20th, 2012, 06:00 AM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
well, it's still 3 years away for me so I am not worried about it yet. I will still have one at home when he goes to school so I will probably still be a SAHM. my youngest (who isn't even close to being born yet lol) won't start school for another 6 years, so I have some time to figure it out.

wow, I just realized I will be 31 when my new baby starts school...

September 20th, 2012, 06:16 AM
Celine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good questions. It's like you are here to listen in on our conversations!

Are you going to homeschool? No. I want Sophia to make friends at school.

Will you continue to stay at home? Ideally I want another baby. If things would happen sometime soon otherwise I think I will give up and go back to work.

Will you look for work outside the home? Yes.

What kind of work will you look for? Preferrably back in my field but if I can't get anything I will go back to school and get another degree or work at something completely different.
September 20th, 2012, 06:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It's really because I still wish so badly that I could be a full time sahm even after 2 years. And when I get to really wishing things were different like that I start asking myself the same questions...you know, what would I be when she grows up?

Check out my BLOGS
Making Lemonade
MonkeyPieForTheWin

September 20th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
We are planning to homeschool, so i will still be home with them. If we decided not to for some reason I would probably do something to occupy myself all day, so that would either be doing childcare in my home or i would consider working outside of the house if i could find something that would let me work like 10-2 monday-friday (but i dont know how realistic that would be) I would still want to be home with my children when they are at home
i:heart:you likes this.

September 20th, 2012, 07:09 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockandawe View Post
It's really because I still wish so badly that I could be a full time sahm even after 2 years. And when I get to really wishing things were different like that I start asking myself the same questions...you know, what would I be when she grows up?

I have absolutely know idea what I will be when my children are all adults, i mean i have a lot of time to think about it #3 (likely our youngest) wont finish highschool (and hopefully go to college/uni or get gainful employment) until 2031, so i really do have a very long time to think about it - but i dont know what i will do with myself when im like 43 (almost 44) and all my kids dont need me anymore, i mean i know they will still need me but my work as mom will really be done then

September 20th, 2012, 11:34 AM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
I'm probably not going to work full time ever again especially when my kids are in school, as long as we can afford for me not too. I don't want to miss out on things, like today, I voulnteered at Lily's book fair, I love seeing her interact with her classmates and her being happy that I was there to work it for her class. I don't want to miss out on her sporting events because I have to work or things going on in their schools, I want to cherish all the time we have while they are young. I feel like I missed out on so much when Lily was a baby, I don't want to repeat it. So I guess I will likely help my DH with real estate appraisals or do something on the weekends or open my own business or open some sort of shop when the kids graduate.

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
September 20th, 2012, 11:53 AM
mommydiva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would like a job but truthfully I don't see it happening. I stayed home before we had kids so for the last 10 yrs pretty much I have stayed home. I did work for target for a few months and daycare but not a whole lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

September 20th, 2012, 02:30 PM
noworries
We are planning on homeschooling so I'll be home with the kids. If I wasn't homeschooling, I would get a job once the kids were in school.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search