How often

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Irish_Wristwatch
  • 1 Post By Arei_720
  • 1 Post By sfarrow3

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2012, 11:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
do you prune your LO's toy collection?

-----------------------------------------------------

Maggie has sooo much, most of which she doesn't even play with anymore. I've done well (knock on wood) to prune through her toys once before each major holiday where gifts are shelled out - Easter, Birthday, and Christmas. Still the mountain grows. But so much of it is stuff that is now sentimental, or it's hard to determine if it's something she'll use again some day.

Check out my BLOGS
Making Lemonade
MonkeyPieForTheWin

October 2nd, 2012, 11:42 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
atleast 3 times a year, i do it before each of their bdays and christmas. Then any other time i get sick of looking at all the toys
shockandawe likes this.

October 2nd, 2012, 03:14 PM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
I do the same as you Becky before any major holiday or birthday. It is really hard for me to get rid of things though, like you said some of them have sentimental value. I have a few boxes of Lily's toys from when she was smaller, I'll probably keep a few of Tommy's favorites.

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
October 2nd, 2012, 03:18 PM
Celine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have only gotten rid of old smelly toys that we got 2nd hand and I couldn't get clean. The rest I keep for baby #2 (if it will ever happen).
October 3rd, 2012, 09:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Before Christmases and a few times when I got fed up with the mess! It's usually just the cheapie ones from kid's meals and huge ones which were never popular, but take up lots of room.

Stuffed animals have a stay of execution- so many of them from my childhood and then the kids' own stock- they just pile up in their room. I haven't gotten rid of one of them yet!
shockandawe likes this.

Last edited by Arei_720; October 3rd, 2012 at 09:05 AM.
October 3rd, 2012, 09:07 AM
noworries
We try to keep toys simple and to a minimum anyway (so, we don't go crazy at holidays, birthdays, etc) but we do the pruning of toys before Christmas and then whenever else it is needed throughout the year. We keep some toys in storage and rotate every once in a while.
October 4th, 2012, 06:23 AM
sfarrow3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by krislati View Post
I do the same as you Becky before any major holiday or birthday. It is really hard for me to get rid of things though, like you said some of them have sentimental value. I have a few boxes of Lily's toys from when she was smaller, I'll probably keep a few of Tommy's favorites.
Ditto! & the mount keeps growing...ugh
shockandawe likes this.

October 5th, 2012, 09:44 AM
mommydiva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
About 1-2x a year. I will be pruning them again here shortly before our move and with Christmas coming.

October 6th, 2012, 04:28 PM
HeartHelloKitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Rarely, though I need to. I usually pack them away for the next baby when I do go through then.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search