Need ideas

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Arei_720
  • 1 Post By shockandawe
  • 1 Post By Arei_720

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 2nd, 2012, 07:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ladies,
I need ideas on how to correct some behaviour before it gets way out of hand. Also posted it on the working mommies forum because it's sort of preschool/daycare related.

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f7...l#post26723690 (undoing bad behaviours)

Check out my BLOGS
Making Lemonade
MonkeyPieForTheWin

November 4th, 2012, 06:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We're dealing with a demanding child who doggedly refuses saying sorry, ("No way!") if she's smacked her sister. The best I can tell is to ignore her when she makes her demands and let her know that you can only hear her if she uses her polite voice.
As far as the bad seed at school, maybe a little diluting of the influence she gets from this other little girl would do the trick? Are there any other children she can have play dates with, where their politeness might rub off on her?

It's not much, but I hope it helps!
sfarrow3 likes this.

November 5th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Celine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Argh. That's hard. What about some books that encourage the good behavior. I have seen some with the thank you and please. Maybe get the books out every time she acts up and at nighttime before going to bed. I have also seen Miss Manners tea and cookies classes (or something like that) offered every now and then. I don't know if they have those in your area? Sometimes the library offers them.

Good luck. I know I am frustrated with the behavior problems I am having with our little one.
November 5th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
thanks ladies. Yeah, it's not like she's the worst kid in the world. Even the ladies at the preschool still comment about what a dream she is compared to others.

But the manners thing I have been on her since day one with. In fact, she learned to say Bless you, please and thank you by the time she was a year old. So, even slightly off the rails has the hair on the back of my neck standing on end.

I'm reinforcing it here, and I like the idea of the books. I'm sure I've seen the miss manners ones here...I think I used to read those when I was a kid. Let the hunt begin!
LOL
sfarrow3 likes this.

Check out my BLOGS
Making Lemonade
MonkeyPieForTheWin

November 5th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I second Celine's books idea! I actually have some that we bought for DD1 in pre-k. They're just lost in the shelves somewhere
sfarrow3 likes this.

November 9th, 2012, 06:08 AM
sfarrow3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love the book idea! Behaviour, behaviour, behaviour it is a constant battle! lol... I think being very consistent at home and telling her what is acceptable and not is the best you can do. There is hope I tell ya...Caden is a very mannerable child only because we were and continue to be consistent at home...He has been in daycare, headstart and now elementary school. We have been faced with a slew of bad examples and wierd butt behaviours but I can say that we just stick in there and press our way through all the mess. ((hugs))

November 12th, 2012, 02:00 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
can they keep them apart at school?
what has daycare said?
i know when Liam was having issues with a little boy they tried to keep them apart as much as possible

November 13th, 2012, 05:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I thought about that, but really, I know what stock she comes from, and when I tell her not to do something, she digs her heels right in for no other reason than to express her own independence. Keeping them apart won't teach this one anything I want her to know.

I need to stay consistent at home, and the older she gets the easier it should be to help her understand that just because the other kids do it, doesn't mean she'll get away with it.

And so it begins. She's not a baby anymore. ugggh. I want my baby back.

Check out my BLOGS
Making Lemonade
MonkeyPieForTheWin

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search