Babysitter Rates

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 5th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Celine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry I have been MIA. Just been busy running around and I did make a friend who has a child same age as Sophia so we have been hanging out. Sorry for not popping in.

So, I have a question: we need a babysitter for a Christmasparty in December. I have never had one other than grandma. What are the current rates?

Anybody have used a babysitter yet?

I heard somebody say current babysitter rates are $12-15! Yikes! Maybe I need to be a babysitter!
November 5th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
lol...yeah - depending on who you get, they certainly expect minimum wage. The girl who looks after Maggie - I generally give her $10/hr, and then a bit.

Geesh - I remember when I was a teenager, that job paid nothing, and I was thrilled to have the extra cash...not anymore though.

Check out my BLOGS
Making Lemonade
MonkeyPieForTheWin

November 7th, 2012, 07:24 PM
HeartHelloKitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When I was in high school, I got $7 to $10 an hour but that was almost 15 years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if it was more now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

November 8th, 2012, 06:20 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
im not really sure, i think it probably depends on the area. From lurking other sites ive noticed the going rate varies quite a bit from place to place. It also probably depends on the age of the sitter, you can pay a highschool aged girl less than an adult would expect KWIM?

i would probably pay a student (HS or college) about 10 an hour and atleast 12 an hour if its a trained adult (like someone who works in a day care or school or even someone with medical training)

How long will you be out for? How late?

November 8th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Celine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Probably 3.5 - 4 hours in the early evening.

The girl I am thinking of asking is in College and she is trained (CPR certified) and she works part time in a daycare.

That means it will be around $50?

I never thought it would be that expensive!

I was thinking of just staying home. LOL.
November 8th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
lol...no kidding. I'm always careful to bake that into date night costs myself now. We went out to run late afternoon errands, and caught dinner, then went to a double feature at the drive in...That was one freaking expensive date let me tell ya!

Check out my BLOGS
Making Lemonade
MonkeyPieForTheWin

November 8th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
i would probably expect to pay her 40-50 dollars for the night. But ask her what her rate is/what she charges, she might ask for less

November 8th, 2012, 01:41 PM
sfarrow3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockandawe View Post
lol...yeah - depending on who you get, they certainly expect minimum wage. The girl who looks after Maggie - I generally give her $10/hr, and then a bit.

Geesh - I remember when I was a teenager, that job paid nothing, and I was thrilled to have the extra cash...not anymore though.
Ditto!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search