Gift ideas for the sweet peas

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By -Trish-

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 5th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What will they be getting?
November 5th, 2012, 07:41 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
We got a hand me down high-quality wooden train set (from a wealthy client of my BIL) a couple months ago and we have been saving that for Christmas! So glad we didn't give it to him right away! It'll be his "big gift" although I feel kinda bad that we didn't pay a thing for it, I know he won't know the difference and will love it!

I'm going to get a bunch of sticker books, art supplies, and activity pages for him.

He may also get a Disney movie, just gotta pick one out and order through the Disney Movie Club.

Those are the only things I have consciously thought to get him. Oh and maybe a car track rug type thing.

I'm sure I'll pick up some small things as we get closer

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
November 5th, 2012, 07:59 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
ooohhh... I forgot about the car track rug, Kelli! Thanks for the reminder

They are getting a joint gift (indoor/outdoor 88" trampoline that is surrounded by protection!) as the big gift.

Other things on the list (some to be bought by us or maybe the grandparents)

**Furby
**shake n go car (I can't remember who posted this, thanks for the idea!)
**remote controlled motorcycle, helicopter or fire truck (age appropriate, not sure which, though)
**a leapster or leap pad or something like it (Kensley's getting my dad's iPad2, as he's getting the iPad4. I am SOOOO excited for that! I can't wait to download Apps and get her going on some educational games and things)
**maybe the press and trick grave digger car Kris had mentioned
**walkie talkies

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
November 5th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Meggie26's Avatar Megan
Send a message via MSN to Meggie26
I mentioned the shake and go car! Kierson LOOOOOOOOOVES his! I need to find another one or two... His Lightning McQueen has taken quite the beatings since he got it. Its his most favorite toy right now.

I just picked up a dual screen portable dvd player for the car so both kiddos can have their own screen and not fight and cry over it! ( We don't take many long trips..but this will surely cut down the whining and crying, I hope!)

So far, what I have purchased for K alone is a Mac Truck carrier (from the movie cars) that can hold/carry 12 cars.
--He is also getting 5 new Cars character cars/figurines from the Tokyo whatever it is, as well as a Mater and Lightning McQueen "Take Flight" figurines! I have to be careful what I choose so him and my nephew don't end up with the EXACT same items.. All hell would break loose!

I'm actually thinking this play rug/mat track thing sounds like a GREAT idea for him as well. If anyone finds and good deals.. Pass it on! Please.

I'm not sure what else to get for him. Hes ALL boy and is all about trucks, cars and noise!

November 5th, 2012, 09:44 PM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
We got him several books so far and this leapfrog magnetic piece with the alphabet letters that says the letters you place on it
My grandma has gotten him this: http://m.toysrus.com/cart/index.jsp so we'll get him a couple trains
Art supplies like Kelli mentioned
I found this today I know he'll love: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004XWZTRK/..._am_us?ie=UTF8

No clue what else!

Sent using Forum Runner

November 6th, 2012, 03:15 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Santa is bringing small things this year. So far "he" has some Tag jr. books and some dress-up clothes in his "sleigh". Play food and other small pretend-play items will be on the list as well as some puzzles and other fun things. We don't have the space for anything big and now that we're talking about putting the house up for sale next summer, I definitely don't want to add more clutter.

If we had a bigger place though, I'd get her one of those toddler battery operated cars (she's sees them a lot and just looks at me with puppy dog eyes) and a tricycle -- boy oh boy does this little lady want a bike!
November 6th, 2012, 08:17 AM
OH, Coetta!!! I've not seen that rocket. That's perfect! I'm putting that on the list

And, Megan, my kids have the dual screen DVD for the car (we do take long trips) and even though Kellen isn't really into movies or TV right now, it is a life saver for them both. You'll LOVE yours!!! They usually have some great deals on those on Black Friday or Cyber Monday, so keep your eyes peeled Thanks for the shake and go car idea, I think he'll get a kick out of it!

November 6th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbirds View Post
**walkie talkies
We got some for Nathan awhile back and all the kids sets we found had terrible reviews. We ended up getting a fairly cheap set of adult ones ($30 or so) and they worked great!
November 6th, 2012, 10:31 AM
I'm finding that to be true, Kris. Thanks for the idea of adult ones! We obviously don't need anything fancy.

November 6th, 2012, 10:52 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I have a few Green Toys (Firetruck, Submarine, Airplane) that he will get. The Submarine may wait until Easter, though.
Wooden Bowling Set
Books

We MAY get him a train table. There was one at Costco that was a good price and seemed nice. I have to make a final decision on that, though.

November 6th, 2012, 04:11 PM
-Trish-'s Avatar Mom to 3boys & a Princess
Elaina's early present will be the 6.5' pink Christmas tree for her room that I bought today...now to get her decorations, she's gonna love it!!

Other things I've gotten her so far:

Pink balance bike
Vtech Innotab 2S
Carrying case and charger for the Innotab
Table with 4 chairs for her playroom
Olivia plush piggy bank
2 summer Olivia shirts
Monster Inc figurines
Mini American Girl doll
Play Doh
Hello Kitty Squinkies
And some other smaller items

Some things on her list is the Tag Jr, lots of books to go with it, flash cards, books, puzzles..etc

So far I've gotten Trent some Law and Order Seasons he wanted (1-5) and some playstation 3 games.

Dakota wants a new TV and probably some games or movies.

And I've gotten Tanner a Kindle Fire, charger, preordered Black Ops2 for his Xbox and another year script of Xbox Live.
Meggie26 likes this.

Thank you so much Alethia for my GORGEOUS siggy!!

November 8th, 2012, 07:06 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kaylee really wants a bike too - but she really isn't big enough for one so I'm going to get her a scooter instead (and lil b as well - so they can do them together). She also really wants a barbie house She's really into barbies, dolls and ELMO! I've been looking at the rock/singing Elmo for her. and then a transformer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeToTheMax View Post
We MAY get him a train table. There was one at Costco that was a good price and seemed nice. I have to make a final decision on that, though.

ooooooo - we got lil b that train table for his second christmas from cost-co it's held up REALLY well and both of the kids love it. Lil B hasn't outgrown it at all. I think it's one of those great staple item toys that last a really long time
November 8th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Mom2#1Drakester's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Drake is getting a batman power wheels, a train set, a leapfrog numbers toy, a puzzle, and a tonka firetruck.

thank you tasha_mae for the great siggy!
November 8th, 2012, 10:57 AM
The Heather's Avatar Jedi Master of Piffleness
Chase is getting a big boy bed. We are converting his bed to the full size because he has been asking for a "bed like Tenli" for a while now.

I was going to get him a bike from Santa, but we are going to California for Christmas and I don't want to deal with hauling it back. So, I'm looking into tablets now.

As far as smaller things, I'm really not sure yet.

November 8th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Heather, we got Kensley a bike last year and went to NM, so what we did was, we hid her bike and put a huge bow on it, took a picture of it and put it on card stock (and wrapped that up). Then we left the bike here, traveled, had Christmas, she unwrapped the box with the pic of the bike and was so excited to get home to actually ride it We also had Santa presents early, so they had things to travel with, told them Santa was visiting early cuz he knew we would be traveling There are ways around it if you really want to get bigger gifts but not travel with them.

November 9th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Meggie26's Avatar Megan
Send a message via MSN to Meggie26
I still need a big gift from "Santa".. Anyone have any ideas for a wild boy?

November 12th, 2012, 07:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
From us she is getting:

Rocking horse ornament with her name and the year on it (she LOVES riding the Radio Flyer horse we have!)

ABC learning toy, 123 TAG Jr book, Crayola ornament (all from Goodwill for about ~$7! )

Doll carrier (my mom is making it), doll bath tub

From Santa she is getting:

Learning DVDs Christina posted about on FB Set of 10 Preschool Prep DVDs Deal of the Day | Groupon Abilene, TX

Doll, 2 outfits

Geo Trax train and more tracks

I have everything except the bolded stuff!

She is also getting an Elf that will arrive on Thanksgiving and I got the kids the DVD of it. They are also getting a Little People Christmas DVD I got last year on clearance.

Last edited by ~Kris~; November 12th, 2012 at 08:05 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search